Read >search
ddg.gg/lite

redirect new friends making their own threads with >previous

Attached: windows.jpg (645x484, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/64732498
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well?

What certs/other things should I get to earn money, I'm pretty broke and can't afford schooling but a couple tests and textbooks is more affordable

Lol so much this

I'm USB tethering a Huawei P9 to Windows 10. But whenever I use the phone, it disconnects and asks if it's allowed to share data, and I have to tether again. What could I try?

>windows 7
>admin account is corrupted
I intend to format drive then reinstall os but I need to move the entire of C drive to another drive so I can sort things for backup later.
How do I do that without access to windows?

I have a seedbox account with a 2gb limit. I want to download a 3.6gb single file torrent. Is it possible to make two custom torrents which download the single torrent in two 1.8gb parts?

Jow Forums is not for stupid people.

Solder chip to phone

Put hard dirve in other komputter

Yes

And how would I do so on linux?, preferably using transmission?

did some testing and it's not just using the phone, it's all internet-using apps except chrome for whatever reasons

All right then answering my own question now but the problem was also closing the hotspot menu, it didn't use to work like an app in my previous droids.

Dual boot question:
I have windows 7 and 10 on the same drive, every time windows 10 gets an update, it makes itself the default OS in the bootloader, and i have to reset it with msconfig each time. it also creates a recovery partition of around 480MB
How to stop this naughtiness?

You can't, it's a feature.

If I want to post the original of pic related to Jow Forums, is it just fucking over? It can't be done?

The original is 2,000x2,550 res, 6.11mb. It's a jpeg. Can you even optimize jpegs? It feels so hopeless since I've seen people post much older pics by this artist, and you know they'd post the new ones if only they could.

Attached: sample_1640fc6b8888cf0dbf03a1eb428152f7.jpg (850x1083, 1.08M)

Can I get in jail if open my CP in Windows 10?

What is the kernel in linux?

are you sure its not a misnamed png? a jpg that resolution should be 2mb tops.
try posting it on /hr/

open it with irfanview, save it and lower the quality slider in the dialogue box.
99% quality drops it to 3.18mb, go as low as you want until you start to notice jpg artifacts

Open in Paint, save as .jpg

>Can I get in jail if open my CP in Windows 10?

Serious question, someone please answer!

It can't be misnamed, since irfanview would tell me, and it didn't tell me when I opened it. But I did check just now, since irfanview is no longer my image viewer (I'm slowly switching to Hydrus, for tags).
>open it with irfanview, save it and lower the quality slider in the dialogue box.
Oh, I see, thank you. But I feel like resaving as a jpeg will inherently add artifacts, so employing tact is kind of a lost effort- I'd basically just opt for barely being able to post it. Also is there a way to preview the output filesize before actually saving it?
>Open in Paint, save as .jpg
I guess just addng bare compression on top of what it has already is an option, but I wanted more tact if possible.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I was actually about to shower, and didn't expect even one yet.

Let's hope so.

What's the file size limit anyway?
Here's 4:4:4 jpeg at 95 quality in GIMP

Attached: __tatara_kogasa_touhou_drawn_by_mikoma_sanagi__1640fc6b8888cf0dbf03a1eb428152f71.jpg (2000x2550, 2.11M)

You know cdt and google share the same search engine right?
Search for American inventors on images, both of them show black people
Fuck you

Attached: __tatara_kogasa_touhou_drawn_by_mikoma_sanagi__1640fc6b8888cf0dbf03a1eb428152f7.jpg (2000x2550, 2.86M)

>he tethered up
Push it sideways

>Put hard dirve in other komputter
I have no other pc

4:4:4 at 97

I was actually trying to upload the original to see if the error says the file size limit
4MB I see.

one is the 100% 6mb file, one is 99% 3mb file
tell me if one side looks worse

Attached: Capture.png (2369x1189, 1.48M)

And here's 4:4:4 at 98, which seems to be as good as it can be managed outside the boards with higher limits.

Attached: 1640fc6b8888cf0dbf03a1eb428152f71.jpg (2000x2550, 3.5M)

What causes a context switch?
I know syscalls CAN, but what definitely does? Interrupts/traps?

You saved as 4:2:0, didn't you.

I can definitely tell.

wtf is going on with my NICs??? why do they keep disconnecting and connecting back?

Attached: Untitled.png (1031x769, 69K)

fuck knows, i saved at whatever the snipping tools default setting is. my PC runs RGB 4:4:4 8bpc full range if that helps.

ok which is which

>Not doing anything heavy
>Suddenly notice PC is noisy
>Check temps
>CPU at ~65C, drops after I tab into Speccy
>...okay
>Does this a couple more times
>Leave Speccy on top while watching a video
>CPU spikes occasionally
>Reaches 78C at one point before dropping 30 degrees again
>Nothing in processes using anywhere near enough CPU to cause this
It's back to idling in mid 40s right now, but what the fuck? What causes this sort of shit?

Attached: 1445726238361.png (493x344, 191K)

Is typing on a large-screen phone easier or better than on a smaller one generally?
Looking at getting a new phone and this would be a major reason.

How do I change the colour of the font on the newtab page in firefox 60 with userContent.css?

Attached: Capture.png (405x172, 9K)

Left is original

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1170, 241K)

4:4:4 @ 98

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1170, 267K)

why does this exist and how do I tell vivaldi to stop eating my cookies so it can stay off

Attached: why.png (189x60, 3K)

i upgraded to windows 10. but now my external speakers won't work. i really don't know what to do. its plugged into the line in.

It exists so you can autoplay.

Is there a red X on the speaker icon?

no. it just goes through the systems built in audio. no red x's or anything

is it possible to track down the origin of a certain product? For example, there is someone selling a nice vga, but the guy doesn't have a buying ticket or something, and before buying i'd like to know where the product was made, sold to etc etc, is it possible? What should I need to, where would it be possible to discover such info?

thanks!

Here's a really dumb question. So I bought a prebuilt for my son 3 years ago and his stock cooler died yesterday, would I have to place thermal paste on the cpu if I swap out the CPU cooler?

I did a stupid and deleted old windows files after updating to 1803. Is there some other way of doing a rollback to a previous build?

Yes, though they'll normally come with some.
The 212 EVO does.

Does void linux has any gnu stuff of not?

Thanks man, the 212 was my first option kek.

no

please help.

Is there some way to enable the NoScript captcha in 4chanX while having the referrer disabled in Firefox?

If I bought a 3000mhz rated memory and OC it to 3200 mhz what happens? Because I can choose the option and it runs fine

Yeah the left clearly looks better, but not by a large margin- it's mostly loss of color integrity, but you can see some indiscriminate blur as well.

Thank you for your efforts and providing the relevant info, user. Cheers. I've seen people post the harsh-looking way older pics by this artist just because they're nopan, and it makes me go, yikes. The newer ones are much more beautiful.

- make sure volume is up
- click "troubleshoot sound problems"
- plug speakers into something else to make sure they're working
- update drivers

none of that works and i don't know what drivers to update.

listen.

on windows 8, these speakers worked just fine. all i had to do was plug the speakers into the line in port. then they work.

my computer is a laptop. it has built in speakers.

on windows 10, when i plug my external speakers into the line in, they just don't work. and it still plays the built in audio the laptop has, as if its just ignoring my external speakers.

what the fjck

Ask Jared from Subway.

>212 EVO
>the 212 was my first option
I'm completely uneducated on this, but I bookmarked this thread from a few months ago :
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/64732498

since it contained discussion on the coolermaster hyper 212, and some quotes include:
>>Solid HSF but the fan is too loud for me.
>Yea the EVO had that issue. They were still using their rifle bearing or 2 bearing fans that were loud and rattled after 20 on hours. They're using better fans now though. Look up the Hyper 212X Turbo. Slightly tweaked heatsink, way better fan, and they have a dual fan model for $40-ish. I have the dual fan model cooling my R7-1700X and it doesn't break 54C even at 100% load while encoding. And this is with the fans set to quiet mode in my BIOS.

>Evo is shit. 212X has much better airflow and corrects Evo design flaws
I guess that's all I see by using ctrl + F, but if nothing else I just wanted to share that maybe there's more to consider in this line of heatsinks. I'm not educated on it enough to give you the rundown on it, though...

Google "windows 10 headphones not working"

About to have a fully functional iPhone SE that's carrier unlocked. The thing is, I like my Galaxy S8 and Moto G5+ just fine... Is there anything special about the iPhone SE that would make it a useful addition? Like... How is it as a PMP? Would it make a good iPod touch for my car? (If so, I'm no audiophile so would it be better to use AUX or Bluetooth? I don't know how DACs work so would better to keep the signal digital via bt or utilize the dac with aux?)

I'm a macfag, but mostly run Linux on my MacBook with kde connect, so what benefit would I gain from using an iPhone with macOS? Is the "Apple ecosystem" really worth it?

tl;dr macfags red pill me on iPhone SE

Smart people can have stupid questions.

ah. i feel retarded now thanks

Firefox's right click screenshot tool is so useful, but I just realized it silently changes the filetype to jpeg if the page is larger than whatever its parameters want it to be. This is horrifying to me, since I'm an archival whore and have been using it for a week or two now without realizing that.

Is there any way to force this tool to save as png? I think in an older version of FF, it locked this behind an account of some sort, so worst case scenario they want that from me, but it doesn't appear to communicate that, so I'm not sure. I can still use shift + f2, screenshot --fullpage to take lossless fullpage screenshots (bless the user who shared this with me), but every once in a while the bar to enter this opens slowly, or won't for that browser instance, thus requiring me to literally drag all my tabs into a new FF instance to use this tool again. The first time I didn't realize I could do that, but the second time it happened and I troubleshooted it this way, I felt incredibly dumb. Would be nice to just use the right click screenshot tool like a normal person, but the arbitrary jpeg output is not ok.

Ask for a refund

Attached: 047D0DB7-A114-4A65-BB45-1E753E9E863F.jpg (250x238, 19K)

which components do I need for updating the motherboard BIOS?

compatible CPU with current BIOS, compatible RAM with current BIOS, PSU and an UPS for safety, is this right?

212X doesn't hurt I suppose... Another question, is water cooling a bad choice? Primarily a closed loop.

ok, so...

if I download system big system update [basically new version] from WU, then everything will be fine after it finish updating? I know that ios/android/macbook are fine but I heard windows is piece of shit

>paying for windows

Attached: 13f.gif (498x594, 113K)

>windows

Yes. You're paying more for pump noise.

Alright bois, retard here, how can I recover data from my corrupted SD card? I tried EaseUS Data recovery program and it worked to a degree, it found all my shit by the looks of it in the previews and root directories, however despite it being a 32gb card, told me I had 148gb of files I could recover from the drive.
Not sure how that one works.
Also didn't realize I had to pay for over 2GB.

I don't know whats a good program and what might cause further damage (if I scan it with bad programs for example)

Cheers

Attached: wide_eyes.jpg (446x553, 45K)

Ahh I see, gonna buy the 212X later and hopefully everything turns out well, thanks once again.

This was great, user. It took me a second to find that "export as" was the natural way to save as a jpeg, but from then on it was really linear to change the quality, with even a preview of the file size. I was confused, though, because by checking "Show preview in image window" I kept expecting a preview of the image itself somehow, but it only showed me the filesize. Which was enough since I was only trying to barely fit under the file cap, but still. Also that "4:4:4" info was under the "Advanced Options" dropdown, and thankfully that was the highest quality option, and was default.

Here's another image I've always wanted to share but Jow Forums's filesize cap forbid. For a lot of others there's usually a horribly-compressed twitter version changing hands freely.

Attached: gimp 99% quality 5af6dc7e9739eb52087ffe64101eb897.jpg (2072x2862, 3.77M)

No, but you could use addons (e.g. uMatrix) for referer spoofing, instead of disabling it in about:config. This allows you to add Jow Forums as an exception.

The preview shows up as a new layer in the main window.

How much is this worth, if it is used, in good working condition?

ASUS N550JK
1980X1020 touchscreen
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M
16 GB ram
i7-4710HQ processor
128gb SSD/128gb HDD

if person X makes a video file but doesn't upload it, then person Y somehow gets the video file and then uploads it to youtube, And *then* person X uploads it, then how does youtube know who made the content?

By showing evidence that they own it.

I wiped my system SSD to reinstall windows, but the option from the bios to boot the install usb as a uefi is no longer there... What’s going on and how can I install Windows as UEFI again?

use rufus and pick uefi option when making bootable usb from an ISO

This. I hate h3h3 and their sellout lowest common denominator garbage, but they've bitched before about how their twitch streams were lifted unedited, then uploaded to yt and monetized, gaining millions of views before youtube acted on the h3h3 complaints. He said it was just thousands of dollars, pocketed by someone who straight stole their content. So granted, not every act of stealing would net as many views as this time (was the stream of one of the balding paul brothers) but I think the system sucks, and this is how it works (read: doesn't).

is there an email site like cock.li that isn't as edgy?

I set up a server with AD (win2016), and another virtual machine as a client. When I try to join the machine to the AD, I get a password prompt and enter my admin password, but then it says it can't find the domain name.
What did I do wrong? Both virtuals are setup as the same network (bridge) and are pingable.
Please help.

there's a certain server that's apparently been giving me a spotty connection these last few days
so i ping google, the server, another machine on my network, and myself, and the first three almost always all time out at the same time
that means the problem is my router, right?

disroot.org seems quite good and privacy-respecting.

It means
1) you've overclocked it more than the oem overclocked & tested it at
2) you've technically voided your warranty

I don’t think it’s the usb. I also have a windows install disc that would always show the option to install as uefi but now it doesn’t even show for that. It’s a problem with the SSD.

Why don't Facebook and Twitter replacements pop up every day?

If I wanted to make a social media platform, but knew noting (except some entry level coding) what steps would I take to learn it all. E.g. Buy a server, which languages, which protocols etc...?

pls help

Attached: 942080_659815494044297_1649417851_n.jpg (640x960, 62K)

They should be using Content ID.

pirate EaseUS
it always shows more data because it see remnants of old files

others I got in one folder
PHOTORECOVERY 2015 Professional 5.1.1
Runtime GetDataBack for FAT and NTFS 4.33 Final
testdisk
Data.Rescue_.PC3_.v3_.2_.110714_.Cracked-RCG
recuva_rcsetup153
rstudio_portable

>Why don't Facebook and Twitter replacements pop up every day?
Because it's not about technical knowledge.
It's about marketing, visibility and the right connections.

is there an easy way to retrieve the pictures from my iphone backup without manually loading the backup to my phone everytime?

It was a twitch stream, but if that's possible then of course.

Please help

what do when going through a programming book and struggling to do the exercises? should I stop reading it until I solve it on my own? should I look up things that may help solving the problem
(not the solution) or should I just crack my brain as much as possible to try and solve it completely by myself? at what point should I just give up and look up the answer to the exercise?

Attached: 1490222907672.png (1392x1047, 545K)

Whats the exercise, if I may ask? If the book has the information you need to do the exercise and its a logical problem, Id crack my brain for awhile.