GTX 1080 is 2 years old, launched on May 6, 2016

>GTX 1080 is 2 years old, launched on May 6, 2016

Attached: GeForce_GTX_1080_3qtr_Front_Left_1463236721.jpg (1920x1394, 403K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/12338/samsung-starts-mass-production-of-gddr6-memory
anandtech.com/show/12365/samsung-updates-on-gddr6-portfolio-8-gbps-ics-new-io-speed-bins-included
anandtech.com/show/12186/micron-finishes-gddr6-internal-qualification
camwebapp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=rKCghPHYn88
youtube.com/watch?v=A6Ew8latNYA
researchgate.net/publication/264798366_Limits_on_fundamental_limits_to_computation
twitter.com/AnonBabble

and there still is not a single legitimate use for its entire power
we've reached peak compute.

Attached: yuishrug.jpg (810x780, 70K)

It's a jraphics card.
I like to smell box when I buy the new ones

>companies don't actually care about advancing technology as long as they can keep milking a group of retarded sheep for money
What else is new, goy?

Are you retarded?

Nvidia is advancing technology with GDDR6 graphics cards later this year

>t. clueless 60hz 1080p gaymer
>4k gayming
>hash cracking
>mining (even if ineffucient compared to vegas and 1060)
>video/photo editing
>3d rendering

>Soon™ bullshit
Keep cradling their balls and working their shaft.

>BUTTMAD AYYMDPOORFAGS WITH NO GPUS & NO DRIVERS DETECTED

>4k gayming
can be done on a 480, especially with checkerboard or slight/unnoticable upscaling
>hash cracking
why would you do that?
>>mining
kys
>video/photo editing
>3d rendering
doesn't even use the gpu, maybe 1% of software uses nvenc but you can get full speed codec with entry level maxwell

>I have no comeback..
>A... AYYMD!1
Epic my dude.

Attached: 1523521433420.jpg (500x307, 39K)

1180 soon goys

>mining with 1080s
>mining with nvidia
that's not how this works

Whatever happened to HBM2 that everyone here was talking about for the new cards years ago?

>Nvidia is advancing technology with GDDR6
Nvidia isn't even involved in GDDR6 besides as a customer.

SK Hynix are the ones producing GDDR6, and they recently announced their plans to start mass producing GDDR6 later this year, both AMD and Nivida will take advantage of the new vRAM.

It's nothing exclusive to AMD or Nvidia.

Cost prohibitive to use on anything but workstation cards, or ultra-high end consumer cards.

The interposer layer is simply too expensive for the price point of the cheaper to mid-range cards.

>what is machine learning

wew lad

>buy as many as I can get my hands on
>mine internet money
>sustain on the tears of gamers

Lol

GDDR6 is the dead-end for GDDRx.

It is becoming too difficult to clock those so high to overcome having such a narrow bus. That's why HBM is the future for ultra-high bandwidth applications.

G

Are you retarded? Samsung is producting GDDR6 and so is Micron

anandtech.com/show/12338/samsung-starts-mass-production-of-gddr6-memory

anandtech.com/show/12365/samsung-updates-on-gddr6-portfolio-8-gbps-ics-new-io-speed-bins-included

anandtech.com/show/12186/micron-finishes-gddr6-internal-qualification

Isn't it amazing? Planned obsolescence is finally defeated!

HBM2 is dead end tech with no future and no yields

Too expensive for mass market consumer products, not even AYYMD HOUSEFIRES uses it in $100-$250 cards

Nigga no shit, I was keeping it simple for my mans saying
>Nvidia is advancing technology with GDDR6

The point was it has nothing to do with Nvidia, of course there are other memory companies out there doing GDDR6, just like there are a handful of companies doing HBM and DDR4.

>what is machine learning
a whole bunch of nothing done on HPC not consumer gpu's. useful AI is hand made, as always.

>Too expensive for mass market consumer products
but every console has it

Are you fucking retarded? Neither PS4 Pro meme or Xbox One X meme use HBM2

Its exactly what has been working you retarded redditor.

I was planning to buy it. My gtx 1060 struggled doing 3440x1440 in games like PUBG and did well in other games like bf4 (100fps + but with everything in low but res and Anti-aliasing)

Do you guys think when the new thing comes the 1080 will drop in price? The new thing will cost more or less the same as the 1070/1080?

So when do the used ones go under 100$ so i can put one in my computer

Nvidia Turing is coming soon, should wait for it

>gtx 1060
1060 is two cards. 3gb is barely better than 1050, 6gb is a pendtant to 1070

>HBM2 is dead end tech with no future and no yields
You misspelled gddr

Show me a video card $100 - $250 that uses HBM2 from AYYMD HOUSEFIRES

Can't? STFU then, faggot

What do current prices and products have to do with the potential of a tech?
Are you braindamaged?

It's not 2012 anymore.

Mining is far more respectable than playing games, child.

how about better power efficiency

yea and thats why nvidias graphics cards have been raising in price, right pajeet?

>mining
>respectable

It's portrayed as some sort of borderline illegal money voodoo fueling actual crimes.

>Abusing technology for some made up currency almost unusable for actual transactions and only used to generate profit through speculation is more respectable than one of the most common leisure activities for fun
Sure

When did I say it was respectable?

You're saying it's more respectable than gaming. My 55 years old brother-in-law, who works as a building contractor, plays Battlefield 4 on his PS4. He thought bitcoin is used to buy CP online. Gaming reached mainstream normieland 10 years ago and pretty much only Jow Forums loves to pretend the opposite is true.

get a card with a lower tdp, if it doesn't take additional power plugs and barely needs cooling it for sure will use less power

Its already been depreciated by the 1080 Ti which is only a year old

Get with the times gramps

How is putting new memory on a GPU advancing tech?

Attached: 1525286580455.png (500x430, 53K)

>He thought bitcoin is used to buy CP online
He is not wrong

Is Nvidia using the Samsung, Mircon or SK Hynix ones? Don't want to use low quality Mikron and Hynix trash

Real time ray tracing would multiply our GPU requirements.

modern computers are ridiculously memory limited

we already have realtime raytracing. what is sslr?

Micron is the only company that didn't fall for the HBM meme and made GDDR5X

That and the 1070ti are pretty much the final GPU you would ever need for 1080p gaming for a long long time.
Doesn't matter how old it is if there's no need for more power.

GTX? More like GTShits

Is Moore's Law still relevant? I don't see any graphics cards that are two times more powerful than the GTX 1080 going around.

Attached: 1522205423208.gif (560x480, 2.66M)

I dunno

Attached: Intel predicts 10GHz chips by 2011.png (640x440, 32K)

but do you think it will be of similar price?

sorry I didn't understand it

this, wasting electricity to that end..

Moore's law never said anything about performance. It's about how many transistors you can fit in the same die area and that's still increases exponentially.
7nm is next year and MCM GPUs are going to 'beat' Moore's Law. (AMD Navi and Nvidia is working on that too but I believe there is no codename known yet)

There has to be a limit to this growth, shit doesn't increase forever does it?

kek

>MCM GPUs are going to 'beat' Moore's Law
Wouldn't they actually lose to it since its a bunch of tiny dies?

Its actually true. By 2010 dual and quadcore parts were common, averaging about 8-10 GHz. It was not possible to run 10 GHz on one core, but multiple cores.

This is not funny user, I almost lost my shit when I tried to explain to a retard why his Q6600 isn't a 9,6GHz processor a few years ago.

It is a 9.6 GHz processor, multicore wise. Current CPUs range around 30 GHz.

>What is Equihash?

>It is a 9.6 GHz processor, multicore wise.

Attached: 1525335780521.png (659x549, 187K)

it can process four 2.4ghz tasks in parallel, in terms of computing power it's pretty comparable

glops / (ghz*cores)
5.81 / 9.6(4) = 0.60
3.55 / 4.8(2) = 0.74
1.51 / 2.4(1) = 0.63

I have a whole bunch of shit I've been too afraid to upload for fear of fucking up of iy being near the Clinton security bubble. Is it safe to come our everything now that she is neutralized?

Attached: COPUTER-PARTS-FUCKINGNIMARE-2.jpg (1632x1224, 629K)

oh, well, that was upside down. Goddamn it....

>wasting money on internet money isnt childish
projecting retard

yeah,

Attached: computer-stuff1.jpg (1632x1224, 624K)

>it can process four 2.4ghz tasks in parallel
In a perfect world where there was no such thing as multitasking overhead and no bottlenecks between computing cores. You can say that a quad core 2.4ghz CPU is equivalent to a 9.6ghz singe core, but we don't live in a perfect world.

>GTX 1080 is outdated
Hehehehehe
>Peak compute
Hehehehehe

(((Hehehehehe intensifies)))

Attached: Untitled1.png (1921x1080, 999K)

can anyone recommend the bard on here on here where I ***might*** be able to seek out help in setting up all this shit?

did you honestly buy like $10k+ in PC parts and have no idea how to put it together?

What program is that?

Why would you buy it if you can't put it together that's literally the easiest part of it.

Wait till you try to install your OS and you have to get your old motherboards serial number from microsoft in order to use it.

Can anyone recommend a decent card for deep learning under 500$ preferable? I'm kinda sick of google collab tbqh.

It's called CAM
camwebapp.com/

Everytime I post it people ask that it's a really good program, it comes stock with the NZXT water coolers.

It is outdated unless you have and SLI bridge. I think I fucked up with the titan V rather than just adding another 108- now tat I'e had some time to try it out. IDK, have to see how it functions on other shirt.

When is soon? If the new cards are still months away, it doesn't make sense to wait since it will also be out of stock for a while after launch. You'd be looking at maybe 6 months or even longer for an upgrade that is needed now.

Wow they completely overhauled CAM haven't they.
It doesn't even have the same logo as it did when I used it.

ASIC only pretty soon

>1050 is almost as good as a 1060 3gb
Your are a drooling retard

This guy is kinda incorrect though , running Far Cry 5 everything maxed makes it hit 97% load, it won't go over 60 degrees but still 97% load wtf, probably poor optimization as witcher 3 maxed with hairworks sits at 50%.

(((poor optimization is a legitimate use of power)))

Oh I'm new to it so I don't know.

>I don't see any graphics cards that are two times more powerful than the GTX 1080 going around.
>If we lower the price of entry to comparison even further, say down to the GTX 1080, the Titan V is able to produce average frame rates that reach 80% better in some areas. Hellblade actually runs 97% faster on the Titan V than the GTX 1080!
And that's a non-gaming card.

>Wait till you try to install your OS and you have to get your old motherboards serial number from microsoft in order to use it.
That aspect of it, I'm fairly confident in dealing with bureaucracy. Maybe I just have an anxiety attack for now reason and should fucking just dive into into.

The entire thing took on an almost unreal air since I fight it all with bitcoin and fucking somehow ended up with 3 DIFFERENT amounts.
>did you honestly buy like $10k+ in PC parts
More like $15k. In my defense, when I bought back in 2012 to have money saved for opiates if it every became available, I had no idea it would endlessly shoot up tp where it is;

isn't Far Cry 5 the game where our (((special hosts))) have the temerity to try to teach young children that everyone who lives in a mall town is most definitely s racist? I refuse to buy it and pay them to defame me, nut Jesus Christ it's starting to get way out of hand.

And when they keep poking the Russians and succeed in starting a war, I can promise you that this time they can fight it themselves with the basedssters and cucks.

Does anyone just replay old shit forcing insane levels of SGSSAA and HBAO lately? That's generally the only way I ever get anything meaningful out of games grafix-wise, and the only scenario where it feels like my card is actually showing it's tech off, too bad this is pretty much a DX9-only thing, and the industry is pretty set on DX11 considering that everyone's protesting 10 the same way they protested Vista

Attached: portal2 2018-05-09 05-22-31-94.jpg (1920x1200, 748K)

No user it's the opposite of that and that's why liberals hate it. it shows that small town conservative "god fearing" Americans aren't all stupid monsters.

You have it backwards.

>Far Cry 5: SJW Liberals Hate it. You’ll love it.

Attached: 1521678855376.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

Here you are:
youtube.com/watch?v=rKCghPHYn88

Soo where are those cards using >nvidia's< new technologies? Can't see them.

youtube.com/watch?v=A6Ew8latNYA
hehehe

Attached: 1521394195482.png (506x556, 242K)

It's been a good 2 years.

Glad I wasn't a retarded Jow Forums waitfag and bought mine before crypto ruined the market.

Attached: okspidy.png (349x300, 140K)

We use Titan Vs in my lab, actually.

Tell that to the total war hacks at CA and us folks at 1440p

d rendering
>doesn't even use the gpu
Every respectable pathtracer nowadays runs on the GPU.

Attached: 1512336294041.png (245x245, 106K)

Why two boxes?
>Titan V
Where are the EK Water blocks packages?

Attached: 2700x.jpg (1107x851, 95K)

dumb anime poster. Try playing on 8k monitor with a single 1080 let alone a titan v

>two year old GPU
>costs more now than it did 2 years ago

Attached: 1512525195393.jpg (250x238, 8K)

dumb frogposter

Attached: 1525997450179.jpg (640x640, 34K)

>There has to be a limit
Here's an interesting read.
researchgate.net/publication/264798366_Limits_on_fundamental_limits_to_computation

And it costs more now than at launch.