Fuck...where do I even begin Lads????

It has taken me 6 weeks to accumulate everything I was sure I needed for a perfect PC...Cost me...a lot of shekels...now I'm fucking afraid to even touch it. I have a new, fairly solid Ikea desk I managed to get set up.

The fucking Titan V alone cost me $3500, though I bought all of it with bitcoin so it never let like "real money." How do I begin to set iy up?

Attached: COMPUTER-PARTS-FUCKINGNIGHTMARE1.jpg (1632x1224, 642K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NiwkSXAGxjE
youtube.com/watch?v=_7h7J01tyvY
youtube.com/watch?v=Sr3MgKkS314
youtube.com/watch?v=pRjicJt1i3k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Install the tp link first.
Then take a long dump and install windoes

use google cunt
stop trying to flex on Jow Forums

The trash which is where most of that shit belongs

Jelly af.

I'm jelly too, it's gonna be a sweet rig.
Post pics during install.

>stop trying to flex
don't take your point. By "flex" are you implying "show off" I'm guessing? 80
5 of the cunts here have a better setup than I do. I was a mac fag, had same mac for !6 years until the bugman element began so strong I just could not stand it. Looking got anyone to point me in direction of setting up, either through video, diagram, eve a book I could buy or anything else...

retarded build

>>>/pcbg/
your build doesn't deserve its own thread, retard, nobody is impressed

please kys before the housefire kills you

>i9
start by aplying meltdown patches.

But srsly, start by returning ot all and geting amd.

>The trash which is where most of that shit belongs
dude, I'm not wont to say this kind of thing but your jealously reeks like a Bangladeshi train station. I'm looking for anyone who has installed his own rig and get direct me to a good video tutorial.

And, btw, no, not a rich fag. Bought $3k of bitcoin when it was worth literally jack shit and just realized that there is a an electronics store that takes payment straight from bitcoin, which is useful.

ONE LESSON LEARNED SO FAR-- if you have an older apple router, keep it and keep using it, the newer tp link is same exact speed.

Attached: IMG_3124.jpg (1632x1224, 629K)

Nice blog, where can I subscribe?
My Talos station cost over 8000€, come back when you have actually something interesting to show.

>nobody is impressed
I wasn't trying to "impress" anyone asshole, was looking for advice before I opened up and began working on my build. I can tell right off you are right 18 or 19 years old. Pretending to be above the affray, yet the chavv in you just can resist from lasting out since he still suspects someone had more shekels than he and it trying to "flaunt it" (as your gypsy ass would) rather than simply look for advice and/or a link to a good video or written tutorial.

>ONE LESSON LEARNED SO FAR-- if you have an older apple router, keep it and keep using it, the newer tp link is same exact speed.
This has to be bait, kek.
Well done OP, 300 replies guaranteed.

>Nice blog, where can I subscribe?
Eish, pardon me. Failed to realize that May 10th is defacto underage "summerfags and mentally ill have the run of the board, don't expect any help here" time."

be there any oldfags left, see you all in Sept. Time to head to the back up boards to escape vermin. See you there lads.

>two motherboards but only one CPU
>Sata SSD
>TP-Link
>Thrustmaster
Well memed, user.

>This has to be bait,
Nah, but I failed to take into account that the entire place and not just a few boards would be full of vermin. Believe it or not, before the edgelords and asshole took over the entire site like a plague of locusts.

In any event, I need to get my shit cleaned up so I can begin setting up and hopefully one playing on my new blue Vive Pro before the sun goes down.

> evo 850
> i9
more money than brains

Actually user, I HAVE THREE THREE MOTHERBOARDS. I WAS HIGH WHILE I WAS ORDERING THEM AND HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS DOING. I GOT THEM FROM WALMART, SUPPOSEDLY I HAVE 90 DAYS TO RETURN.

If I can get my anxiety under control. going to get the walmart credit and then look for a beter case. Any suggestions would be welcome

Attached: IMG_3021 2.jpg (1632x1224, 715K)

Why do you have two mobos? Just send that thrustmaster shit back and buy a warthog at the minimum, you're going to regret buying low end HOTAS. Similarly send the EVO back and buy a Pro, it has a much higher MTTF at only a marginal increase in cost, reliability is foremost in data storage.

I'm not really sure why you have an H60 either, as it's such a small radiator it makes just as much noise as an air cooler and performs worse. Send it back and either get a noctua or a proper 3 fan radiator.

Otherwise just follow a guide, /pcbg/ is the best place to ask - it's not exactly hard to build a PC, it requires no expertise whatsoever. Just ground yourself as you're on a carpet (e.g. with a grounding bracelet thing). And don't forget the standoffs.

Read the mobo manual too, and plan the cable routing ahead of time.

OK user, so you are smarter than I in terms of computer gear, therefore. tell mw that's wrong what the setup ad what I should get instead.I'll wait for your advice (but you won't ever give it).

Yes user, please do that holy fuck. Also, I recommend a fractal case. Shit is fucking legend. I would also return the i9 and all 3 mobos for a Ryzen 2700x but that's just me.

Not jealousy I'm just shit posting. It actually looks good but that pile of parts does look intimidating.

The other user's recommendation of a fractal case is sound. You need to explain to us what you're doing with the PC, there are scenarios where you might want that i9 (e.g. are you computing all day long on the CPU, running physics simulations and the like?). If you want a gayming rig you're far out of the value sweetpoint, and it would make much more sense to be more conservative in your purchases then upgrade annually.

If you are genuinely looking for advice, all you had to do is visit /pcbg/. Instead you bought some random shit, said some shit, got rightfully ridiculed for it and went all defensive. Just look up some tutorials on youtube or something, building a PC is as easy as Legos.

you have to slow down mate, bc I was ordering the shit with my brother on the phone at the time (who has a real engineering job with a massive company).

Do you just mean grounding myself as far as with bracelet? That pic is not all I have, I have other cooling stuff just not pictured, example:

Attached: colling-shit.png (2112x632, 255K)

>recommend a fractal case.
thirded they look plain as fug but aren't terrible on airflow just don't mount the GPU vertically it is the dumbest fucking trend of 2017/2018

>d went all defensive.
don't see where I sent "defensive" but will indeed go there and seek out help...

>GPU support bracket
just lay the case on its side lol

I think I have seen this thread before.
Timestamp please

>being too retarded to google "how to build a pc"

>I'd better make a thread with pictures of my parts, and I'd better casually mention how expensive they are too

>anyone who has installed his own rig and get direct me to a good video tutorial.
sure thing buddy
youtube.com/watch?v=NiwkSXAGxjE
youtube.com/watch?v=_7h7J01tyvY
youtube.com/watch?v=Sr3MgKkS314
youtube.com/watch?v=pRjicJt1i3k

Plug everything in where it fits

the 850 Evo is an old model, should've went with the 860 Evo. The i9 is a failure of a processor for that amount of money.

Well, let me give you a short motherboard tl;dr in bullet points:

* Every motherboard has a size. They vary from big, like ATX, to smaller like mATX or ITX. Make sure it will fit in your case. Your case will have specified what size motherboards it takes.
* Every motherboard has a CPU socket. Make sure your CPU has the same socket.
* Every motherboard will have RAM slots. Make sure that your motherboard uses the same type of RAM you got (e.g DDR4) and your CPU supports it. If in doubt about CPU support, check Intel ARK.
* Every motherboard will have PCIe slots for your graphics cards. Make sure you have enough.
* Make sure you have enough SATA ports for all of your drives. You will for 99%.
* Make sure you have another "extras" you want; e.g wifi or RGB lighting ports.

>t.pajeet
Why the fuck are you even on this board you autist? Jow Forums isn't your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site. See the pin. If you are too retarded to build a pc, stop shitposting and go to youtube.

The first thing you do is throw that horrible case away and get something that doesn't look like shit.

I fucking use apple for work shit mostly. I got the PC to use for fun Games like Witcher 3, also want to get into flight simulators. I only decided to build a new PC when the old one I had (literally 2 years old) told me it was not properly equipped to run the new Vive on. That's what got me looking into parts that could actually run the new fucking vive. When I bought the parts, I had not realized just how much bitcoin had skyrocketed so I was able to buy far better shit than I expected.

>850 evo
You are fucking kidding right?

First open the mobo mount on it CPU and CPU cooler
Then mount it in the case, mount PSU and optical drivers and link the Power cables
The GPU is literally the last step

>I think I have seen this thread before.
>Timestamp please
dude, what do you want

/ The entire area where I 'm planning to set it up is filthy, have not cleaned any of it yet. If you really think I'm that much of an attention hungry, delusional asshole, entitled to own opinions I guess.

thanks user, going to opy these and watch them

Dude, I checked it out. It may be all fucking hype but it's meant to be meant to be best one in the business. And yep it does indeed "fit" in the current thing I ave now. I also got a bunvh of shelfs to but the drives on.

As I admit, I was a mac fag for a long time (still use one for work) and this is first time have buit one, but the correlation between bugmnn and use of mac was becoming so strong, could no long in more it. Also hat the idea that only Mac is allowed to open your fucking computer. Fuck Mac, but now I have to learn to deal with a PC/

Attached: motherboard-rog.png (1018x1120, 1.41M)

>grounding
You want an anti-static wrist strap, it's not mandatory but a sensible precaution if you're on carpet when building.

The H60 is not good, either air cool with a large noctua, or, if you want a closed loop liquid cooler, find one with a large radiator and some bigger fans. Otherwise you'll just have a noisy pump and a small noisy fan.

>SSD
As the other user said, you have an old model, and I'd still advise going for a pro rather than an evo, just for the improved reliability. I do a lot of I/O intensive things, so its quite important for me to have reliable SSDs, don't know about your use case though.

>HOTAS
Please for the love of God send that back and buy a Thrustmaster Warthog or something better, this is coming from a VR user that spends a lot of time in flight sims and space sims. You will regret cheaping out on that.

Okay, if your use case is gaming two things. Get rid of the Titan, get rid of the i9. Titan should go to a 1080ti, the performance is comparable at a substantially reduced pricepoint (consider the Titan a mid-way workstation card, rather than a gaming card; for gaming the performance difference is minimal, whereas for certain workstation tasks the Titan has a substantial advantage). I haven't been following CPUs lately so I don't know what you should get instead of the i9, but my guess would be a 6 or 8 core i7. There are loads of Ryzen shills out there, personally I don't think it performs as well as they purport, but that's for you to judge by reading benchmarks.

>RAM
I can't see how much RAM you have there, but if you have less than 24GB get more, and it should be reasonable fast. Why so much? Because shit like Star Citizen will happily eat 20GB.

>Vive Pro
Right, so honest opinion as an user who sent his Vive Pro back - get a Vive or a Rift, and wait for a real V2 upgrades. Vive Pro isn't that comfortable, isn't that much better visually, and will be superceded wholesale by a real next gen VR headset.

>You are fucking kidding right?
obviously user, not kidding if the motherfucker is there as a part meant to be added in. Please, do tell what it wrong and tell me why it should be avoided. It's 2TB, SSD, I have one now in my older computer and it works fine.

Oh my.
>on laptop or old pc download drivers and bios update. Put bios update on a usb stick (not a wired usb hdd thing)
>unbox case, get fans in place that you might have ordered extra, get your standoffs in, fix brackets if there are any and remove what you don't need
>read mobo manual for fanheader locations to know where your fan wires will run
>get psu in and assemble wires where you need them to go, get hdd's into brackets so you can put them in the case when ready
>use mobo manual to figure out how to seat ram, cpu etc.
>unbox mobo and put it on box, first ram then cpu, before adding cooler make sure cables for ex. leds are already in it and not in the way
>put in case add cables according to mobo book
>attach ssd, rest goes later after installing windows
>add gpu and do a first boot
>upgrade bios see if it all works okay, set ram speed, then install windows and add other hdd's

It's like building a Lego kit except you can't fit any of the pieces somewhere it doesn't belong.

It is actually you who sounds like an asshole.
Also
>I am not hungry for attention
>Makes a blogpost on Jow Forums

>You want an anti-static wrist strap, it's not mandatory but a sensible precaution if you're on carpet when building.
OK, this i I can do, thanks user

>>SSD
>As the other user said, you have an old model
Not sure it matters, I'm not hiding state secrets from ZOG, just want to play Witcher 3. kingdom come: deliverance, and VR.

>Please for the love of God send that back and buy a Thrustmaster Warthog
Damned, I wish you goys had been around when I was buying this shit to give advice

>the Titan a mid-way workstation card,
I spet a shitload of time studying the Titan and how it might turn out. Did I pay WAYYYY too much for the motherfcuker? Yes. I'm using it currently in my PC setup, ad It's......it's decent but anything above the fucking last 1080 chip? No.

>I can't see how much RAM you have there, but if you have less than 24GB get more,

I have 32mg of RAM

>Right, so honest opinion as an user who sent his Vive Pro back - get a Vive or a Rift, and wait for a real V2 upgrades

Agree with you here, right now just buying the best on the market. I have fucking fucking awful agoraphobia and use VR to look at the plaes in Europe I'm too fucking paraboid to leave the house.

>he is spending away all of his inheritance on toys
you'll be poorfag before the end of the month

>It is actually you who sounds like an asshole
great user, so here's a revolutionary idea. Ready for it? FILTER ME. Am I shall filter you as well. Tale care.

>i9
>titan V
>can't even put together the computer

Fucking lmao

Attached: 1501490111770.gif (500x281, 1.4M)

>i9
>rog extreme
>titan v
user pls
why do you do this

tell me what the issue is user? As seen, I bought 3 fucking motherboards (thanks bitcoin for allowing people like me who bought in 5-6 years ago and then certain electronic stores and that bitcoin, not me). What would YOU recommend user rather than an i-9???

If I take the i-9 back this afternoon 9i think I actually got that from walmart), what would you say I should buy its stead?

Attached: mummy-smiling.gif (480x480, 1.79M)

just get a normal i7 on a mainstream socket
just get a 1080ti
spend the extra money on good peripherals, like a nice set of monitors, a fancy desk, mech keyboard, high quality headphones, a nice external DAC, some big hard drives for torrents and backups, etc

>This has to be bait, kek.
>Well done OP, 300 replies guaranteed.
you motherfcukers, wait for of miserable lives must you have where you measure "social success" for how many people reply to one of your "bait" threads. Believe or no user, there are people who who desperately NEED FUCKiNG INFORMATION and are trying to
get it before they make another purchase that might send them even FURTHER down a fucking hole.

Is that really hard for you 14 yr year assholes to grasp???

let me see if I can take you on a bit of a tour of my "old" setup, the one that said it COULD NOT run the new Vive. To be quite honest, it sounds like exactly what you describing:

Fucking pajeets. This isn't the call center you're looking for, get out.

First of, what are you trying to do with your computer?
Is it a workstation? A server? Rendering machine? Gaming computer?
i9 and Titan V are not gaming components. If you genuinely think you need a Titan V and an i9 to run games you're fucking retarded.

You just mindlessly spent money on the most expensive components, didn't you? Honestly, you deserve all the mockery you're getting in this thread.

if a modern i7 and a 1080ti cant run the new vive, the new vive is going to fail fantastically
whats new with the new vive that does this?
i have an old vive right here and it works perfectly with a 1070 and an i7 3770k

are you sure your old machine didnt have bad drivers or anything? had to be either faulty software or faulty hardware - probably software. maybe it was a cooling problem?
not sure where dual gpu support is with vr right now, but two 1080ti cards will provide more performance than a single titan v in games for $1000 less

>Fucking pajeets.
Irony to have a paco call an Acadian (from one of the 16 oldest Permeant European Families to settle the US) a fucking "Pajeet" I realize this isn't the place for that, so at least I've learned that desu.

You can't even use the site properly.
Just lurk more, go to /pcbg/, go look at Linus Cuck Tips or whatever the fuck and get the fuck out of here before we fall off our chairs from laughing our asses off at your expense, you massive nigger tier moron.

>return it to Walmart
>Walmart
this can't be real, this is too much. OP is either a troll or too much of an idiot.