I'm using ubuntu and i feel like it's the kid distribution of linux

I'm using ubuntu and i feel like it's the kid distribution of linux.
It's o-ok if i stay there for a few months and then get another distro, r-right?

(already failed once to use debian)

Attached: Screenshot_20180331153520.jpg (1080x1122, 384K)

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1479980270410.jpg (1452x2178, 1.13M)

Why do you need to run another distro? Ask yourself, can you do the work you need to with your current distro? Does it have support/packages for the applications you need? If not, can you build from source?

Distrowar shit is memes. Just use what works.

just get debian sid

I installed Ubuntu 18.04 a few days ago and it werks for my daily needs so I'll keep Ubuntu.

Try antergos

Who cares about what others think? Stay as long as you want.
If you feel yourself that you want more control, you will move on yourself, if ever.

>i feel like it's the kid distribution of linux.

I don't know what that's supposed to mean user. I've used arch as my main OS for 6 years or so but I have also used Ubuntu and Xubuntu in the past. Once you get the OS and desktop environment all set up then the difference in user experience between the various distros is minimal.

Nothing wrong with Ubuntu. Some niggers bash Ubuntu but use Mint (which is just a Ubuntu with green theme).

Linux is linux everywhere.

if you want to have more control over your system then yeah learn what you can from using ubuntu and then set up Debian or something on vm and if you have no problems you can install it on your main machine

Don't use desktop Linux

If you enjoy ubuntu then just use it. The reasons to switch are so insignificant that you may as well stick to a distro you're comfortable with.

It's the kid distro and also the distro for wise old men who realize that it's nicer than the other distros and that an easy to use system is a good thing - as long as it doesn't limit you, which Ubuntu doesn't.

failed to use debian? what?
i think you should stick to ubuntu

>failed to use debian
kek

Git gud, then distros matter only wrt the package manager.
This.

Because the top bar is l33t and ubuntu kinda lags for some reason, might be their animations.

Couldn't install steam, the fonts sucked, the mousepad worked like shit, couldn't install a package manager.
You can probably fix anything but i coildn't be bothered.

>couldn't install a package manager.
dude

Attached: 1520972277185.png (500x565, 326K)

>couldn't install a package manager
>installing a 3rd party package manager on linux
you should honestly just go back to windows or mac. you're retarded.
>but i coildn't be bothered
then why the fuck do you want hackerman distros?

you should try out reddit, you write like a faggot

What wrong with linux on a desktop? Someone pill me on this. : (

> Could not install a package manager
> Claims distribution "feels like a kid distribution"
Sounds like you are the kid, kid.

yeah sounds like u just want ubuntu
if you dont like gnome try one of the ubuntu variants (i recommend kubuntu)

>failed to use debian
just give up

go balls deep and install arch liGNUx as your main OS and delete a core file of your choice.
you'll learn it pretty fast then

listen kid
I have been using Linux for over 25 years and I run Ubuntus 16.04 lts
Will update to 18.04 or 18.10 when it comes out, hopefully with the gnome memory leak issue fixed

there's truth to this, you learn a lot by putting out the fires that cove with using arch

after installing arch I can attest to this. Still use manjaro though because I have all my programs/files on there and im too lazy to migrate everything.