Threadripper refresh

TR 2950X(?) Engineering Sample
3.9GHz base. 500MHz increase from 1950X.

Guessing 4.45GHz boost, but it could be just the same 4.35 as the 2700X to be conservative.
>ranker.sisoftware.net/show_run.php?q=c2ffc9ef8eefd2ebdfecdaeec8ba87b791f491ac9cbac9f4cc&l=en

Attached: vivaldi_2018-05-10_08-32-40.png (1261x296, 22K)

poo

REEEEEEE, DELET THIS YOU FUCKING NAZI!!!!

Attached: 1521225688577.png (807x745, 196K)

Another round of Threadripper making a mockery of Intel HEDT lul

I'm going to buy this I've waited long enough to replace my 980x

>116.7W
So basically the same as an Intel hexacore with a mild OC. Nice.

Skylake-X at 300W should do it

Holy shit that's good.
My shekels are not ready for Zen2 next year.

Attached: [Jingrock] Love Letter (Complete) [English].zip-064_LoveLetter_062.jpg (738x686, 236K)

Most likely 4.35. It already takes a lot of voltage to get there. It will hit 4K i ncincebench anyway.
Mine are. up to 5 GHz, IPC boost, lower latency, 4000 RAM support, my boipucci is ready.

I would love to see a 6 core CCX design. Imagine a 12 core 3700X, the poor mans Threadripper. I was tempted to buy the 1920X, but then decided to buy proper RAM instead.
>Have to sell your soul nowadays for some decent BDies

>I would love to see a 6 core CCX design
That or three CCX per Zeppelin die desu.

Didn't they talk about 48 core server CPUs? Would make sense. On 7nm the dies won't be larger.
>12 cores
Highend mainstream
>8-10 cores
Midrange
>4-6 cores: entry / APU level

Imagine those hexacore APUs.

This would be a dream and if Intel is stuck in 10nm they will be assraped.

Lot of wasted die area with 3 CCX, it's gonna be 4 CCX, so 16 core dies.

Imagine the future where 6 threads is corelet territory.

>even better TR
How hard will Zen2 TR tear i9 ass on a scale from 1 to nut? What will EBYN even look like?

Attached: pneuma changes reality again.jpg (600x800, 147K)

For some reason i read threadripper fetish.
God i waste too much time on /d/

>God i waste too much time on /d/

Not enough more like.

>WhiteHaven

Attached: anglos 3.jpg (2073x1379, 728K)

interesting if true

7nm Epyc will be 48c/96t Starship

How many cores will high-end Xeons have in 2019?

The same they do now.

>my boipucci is ready
I know that feel. Zen2 will have hardware fixes for those recent discoveries as well.
Threadripper is happening for me in 2019

Assuming Cascade Lake uses the same mesh as Skylake, probably 28 or 34 for the top parts. Can't be too much more since it's still 14nm.

Well, shit. How many PCIe lanes will it have? Xeons have 48 and even now EPYC has 128(?).

Oh shit.

Attached: Capture.png (2100x90, 17K)

Uhh I don't think this kind of "measurement" is really reliable. Realistically it's gonna have TDP same as 1950X or slightly higher (like 2700x vs 1st gen)

>Well, shit. How many PCIe lanes will it have?

Intel doesn't have a new architecture planned for release at this stage - xeons will remain the super binned skylake chips they are now.

>Intel doesn't have a new architecture planned for release at this stage - xeons will remain the super binned skylake chips they are now.
Yes they do, Cascade lake is coming Q4.

Jesus, what exactly is Intel planning? Apple wants to dump them for ARM, and AMD is offering processors that are better in virtually every meaningful category that get even more competitive with every iteration. All they've got now is, what, mobile modems and other niche shit no one else could possibly muscle into? I heard they got Jim Keller for SoC shit, so he's not even working on unfucking grandpa P6 out of existence. What's their game plan?

Shit I guess I should mention that I was talking about enterprise AMD, because consumer computers won't stop shipping Intel until they lose serious clout.

Speaking of 4000 RAM support since Ryzen benefits from fast RAM largely because of the infinity fabric speed being tied to it why haven't we seen any manufacturer making high speed RAM with shitty CL so they can bin it easily and sell it to people without a billion dollars? Is it the memory controller that's being picky? Because I remember everyone having no issues with 3200CL14 RAM compared to 3200CL16.

>I remember everyone having no issues with 3200CL14 RAM compared to 3200CL16

that has been fixed no longer a problem

It's probably the power draw at 3.9ghz and not boosting.
I'm sure it's probably 180-195w TDP. Guess it could be higher given the insane power consumption of Skylake-X and that X399 boards are made for 288-400w.

Epyc is actually sampling late this year, so we should find out then if the dies are 8 or 12 cores.

Intel has just been fixing Smeltdown bugs. New Xeons are coming later this year with hardware fixes.

>New Xeons are coming later this year with hardware fixes.
Yeah, how are they going to ship fixed silicon when new exploits were recently uncovered?

>excited about a product that comes with a backdoor
Until Spectre is entirely figured out there is no reason to buy any processor

The new exploits (ng-spectre) are just new methods to exploit the same vulnerability.

So same reason that Ryzen, or at least Epyc, are likely not vulnerable to the new vulns.

Isn't that just Skylake again?

Is an engineering sample sans hardware accelerated spyware (amd psp and intel ME)?

You jew, psp does dofferent job than ME.
ME is literally an overlord inside your cpu.
Otoh the psp is managing only the cryptofaggotry for you firmware, bios, ram and the general sanboxing of memory pages, e.g. for VMs.
ME is configuring your system, reads your data and sends them home.
ME doesn't do security, ME is the sandbox of your system.
AMD psp shares Arm tech IP cores

First of all, I am a christian.

I understand psp is not as bad as me. Almost everyone who is not grossly misinformed knows this. However, I would like ZERO psp if possible. Or make it so it cant touch network stack. (No reason for it to do so)

Just a skylake reskin with a 1% boost increase as per usual

They're just going to batter the mobile market until they realize that they'll go belly up if they don't hold any share on the industrial space as well. Intel is going to be (unfortunately) the top choice for laptop spec for some time now.

>16/32
>116W
Jeez Louis...

WRONG
It's 4.0GHz BOOST, not base
Look at the sample name
>1D016EA8UGAAF_40/34
Base is going to be 3.4GHz.

You do know the 1950x could boost to 1800x levels, right? At least in single core.

Kikeripping continues

6 thread processor is already corelet territory when the market is already flooded with 12 and 16 thread mainstream CPUs.

what are you talking about? the 1950X did 4.2 single core

It's Skylake with Smeltdown hardware fixes.

Lol. Are you the guy trying to say it's 3.4GHz base clock when that's what the 1950X is?

On 4 cores, no? And 4.2GHz.

Attached: 1525653498119.jpg (289x287, 15K)

Well shit, 4.2GHz is shy away from the 2700x. That's pretty good. More of a reason to wait for Zen2 Threadripper, that will hit 5GHz guaranteed on single core.