Is Protonmail a honeypot?

I've been told by a trusted friend not to use Protonmail because it's a honeypot.

True?

What does Jow Forums recommend I use instead?

Attached: 1502849047710.png (300x300, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cock.li
swissinfo.ch/eng/big-ears_questions-raised-about-nsa-access-to-satellite-station/37306450
rt.com/news/243001-snowden-switzerland-us-spies/
reddit.com/r/ProtonMail/comments/7xfjud/swiss_nsa_goes_into_effect_march_2018/
cryptome.org/2015/11/protonmail-ddos.htm
prxbx.com/email/
protonmail.com/blog/transparency-report/
whyprivacymatters.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=V9_PjdU3Mpo
youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk
youtube.com/watch?v=ucRWyGKBVzo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

AOL

The fact that shills try to push the idea that protonmail is a honeypot to spread fear and discourage people from using it, without any verifiable evidence shows that it isn't a honeypot.

Or maybe the shills know this and promote it as a honeypot to get people like you to use it.

>shills
this dude is an anarchist.

It's actually proven to be safe. Your friend is literally just a fearmonger.
Yep. Like I said. Fearmonger.

yes
dont trust nobody not even you're self

It is the best webmail and VPN you can get. Only making your own is a more secure option. Cambridge Analytica used it for their practices because they considered it private and secure.

There's nothing wrong it. If you're seriously trying to evade state actors though I don't know why you would even bother with email.

>Fearmonger
you're a fucking idiot if you think PM is encrypted or safe. do you even know where PM is located?!??!?!?
only idiots believe PM nonsense.

>It is the best webmail and VPN you can get.
LOL'd.
>Only making your own is a more secure option.
bullshit
>Cambridge Analytica used it for their practices because they considered it private and secure.
and how did it work out for them? LOL

another clueless brainlet.

Gmail

If everyone thinks its a botnet it means more gmail for me and less for everyone else.

Use Disroot.

Yes, use disroot.

> Im a small company
> I definitely won't let any bad actors in
> promise

Its a simple as this, big companies are part of the "botnet" but they can't be bullied as easy a small company, also your data has some added advantaged of being saftey in numbers, a small company gets recked, they have no funds to fight lawsuits and governments so when they come knocking, the knee pads come out

I enjoy shilling this badly.

The servers are based in Switzerland, with zero responsibility to US authorities. No VERNONA agreements, strong encryption by nature and the data is encrypted before it even reaches the server end. Even protonmail can't decrypt the email as the key to decrypt the emails are only unlocked by your password, which is encrypted for storage in the first place.

State security actors internally use similar systems.

Only the DDOS they suffered was mitigated by an Israeli company through which all protonmail data is passed through for (((security reasons))).

Protonmail is compromised

Post a link, don't just state shit without any actual proof.

cock.li

You're a fucking idiot. Switzerland has been playing ball with US since their banks started getting fined over terrorist connections and after the US threatened them with sanctions over tax heavens.

Switzerland has been cooperating with the US and NSA since 2002.

swissinfo.ch/eng/big-ears_questions-raised-about-nsa-access-to-satellite-station/37306450

rt.com/news/243001-snowden-switzerland-us-spies/

reddit.com/r/ProtonMail/comments/7xfjud/swiss_nsa_goes_into_effect_march_2018/

I'll just leave this here......

Attached: 1514242187240.jpg (2550x4200, 679K)

someone labels you as a "nazi" on twitter and they will ban your account

Sounds just like Autistici, another heavily shilled email provider on Jow Forums.

cryptome.org/2015/11/protonmail-ddos.htm

What are you doing on Jow Forums if you dont know about this

We use PM because it was cheaper than Gmail for our usage.
That and less Google

Proven to be botnet.

>0 proofs btw
Tell me about how it feels to glow in the dark.

I dont know but I dont like the fact they force JS

>proven
ok, where is the proof?

Just use PGP with your protonmail account and you'll be good.

>user starts a group to hurt people
>admins throw a wrench on the works
>community worries if it can be a false positive
>if it is the account will be reinstated

This is fine, if you're out there hurting people you belong in jail

prxbx.com/email/

Why not do that but with a service like cock.li that allows IMAP/POP and whatnot

>guilty until proven innocent

The encryption as stated above is unbroken.

These surveillance laws do not and can not break the encryption used end to end of the service. Not only that, signals intelligence assets are shared all the time.

Improve your damn English, it is haven not heaven.

>The encryption as stated above is unbroken.
Shithead, ProtonMail is based in Switzerland. It has to follow and abide by Swiss law. If they don't, their executives would go to jail. Swiss law has lawful interception and they have XKeyScore.

If you can't add two and two, you are a fucking retard.

at least autistici doesn't ban your account just because someone printed it on a poster somewhere.

to ban someone's Protonmail, just put it on some """hate""" poster, take a pic and tweet it to protonmail and demand they ban it.

it's fucking lulzy how retarded that shit is.

>This is absolutely reasonable, but our motivations go beyond privacy and anonymity -- Autistici/Inventati is a collective that recognizes and promotes anticapitalism, antiracism, antifascism, antisexism, antimililtarism, and the refusal of authoritarianism and hierarchies. We all work at this project on a volunteer basis. If we do it, it’s because we firmly believe in these principles, and the people we want to offer these services to are the people who share these principles. Therefore, when you explain why you got to this service request form, don’t tell us that you want privacy and/or anonymity - we already know this, otherwise you wouldn’t have landed here. Tell us, instead, the reasons why you share these principles and what kind of person you are. You don’t have to detail your private life - we just need to get an idea of why we should offer a service to you.
Autistici is more autistic about it, actually.

Forgot this bit.
>But trust is mutual: just as we will believe in what you say without asking for your personal data, if we see that you’re violating our principles publicly while using our services, we won’t hesitate to delete your account without previous notice. If you want to use our services, make sure this is the right place for you.

Yandex Mail and Mail.ru >> *

What's the big deal if you're using Tor?

Well if Protonmail is a bust, what about Disroot?

This

Fuck off IDF, your tricks don't work here

use cockli

>use something with no encryption that the owners said he will fully comply to law enforcement requests even without legal obligation

The account was the name of a far right group. It's not like the account was like [email protected]. Only a brainwashed stormnigger would think they just deleted the account because "someone put a name on poster". If I made advertisements for klu Klux clan meetings and I said to contact us at [email protected] it's pretty logically to assume that's their fucking email. I'm glad proton mail did it. I want to be able to use it for basic tasks. I don't want it to be associated with right wing nut jobs and criminals.

>The account was the name of a far right group
you're a retard.

post your Protonmail email here if you have balls.

>I don't want it to be associated with right wing nut jobs and criminals.
You have to go back, beta faggot tranny.

Attached: 1512873248244.png (988x1059, 143K)

Protip: Build your own mailserver on a raspberry pi and never look back.

Attached: Postfix_logo.png (545x289, 40K)

Whatever dumbass. How would me posting my personal email have to do with anything? If someone's account is named after organization which is put on posters for that organization. It's entirely logically to assume it's their email. If someone made far right posters and put [email protected] that would be a different story. Proton mail does not keep the accounts of known criminals open. They've also closed drug dealer accounts that advertised themselves using a proton mail as a contact email. I don't see you Jow Forumstards getting up in arms about that. All I ever see is you bitching and moaning that no one wants to be associated with your autistic bullshit.

>people with different political opinions should have their email accounts deleted
different but equal right?

>Implying I support any of that libtard bullshit
Why don't you fuck off stormnigger. I want to be able to use proton mail to sign up for websites and stuff. I can't do that if it's associated with you fucktards. SJW tards already have a shit email service they use which is called rise up or something like thah. They aren't trying to ruin the only good privacy based email service.

If they didn't put their account on posters and weren't associated with inciting violence they wouldn't have gotten their account deleted. Proton mail isn't looking through emails and banning anyone that isn't a liberal. Protonmail has said what the group was about was illegal in Switzerland and they don't harbor criminals. Just like the drug dealers they've also gotten rid of.

>If they didn't put their account on posters and weren't associated with inciting violence they wouldn't have gotten their account deleted.
no evidence was provided that the email owner made the posters, sure it's probable but he could hvae got his account terminated for something he didn't do

>he actually uses protonmail for illegal purposes, not just as a secondary provider for spam mail

lmaoing at your life

Again the account was the name of the organization. The chances of it not being associated with them are incredibly slim. If it wasn't I'd understand why someone would think it was a slippery slope.

ok so if it's probable I've done something then I should be punished, even without any proof?

>Whatever dumbass. How would me posting my personal email have to do with anything?
Post it so I can show you how quickly your account will get banned, faggot.

cockli uses encryption, retard

>buttmad special snowflake comes on Jow Forums and then can't handle the bantz
kek'd. now go back where you came from.

it uses SSL, all emails are stored in plaintext, you bigger retard people shouldn't worry about MITMs they should worry about data at rest

The hilarious thing is that you morons spend all this time arguing about which email provider is the least botnet or whatever, and then never go on to actually send or receive any slightly worrisome communications. Yeah, I'm sure the government is real interested in your stack of rejected job applications.

Only good reply in this thread.

Attached: 1321920687413.jpg (432x585, 171K)

Protonmail has said time and time again that they can't read nor decrypt your emails.
All the evidence against Protonmail has been by idiots who post their fucking emails while engaging in questionable behaviour, like the drug dealer who said Protonmail was a honeypot because he was using email to communicate with customers on darknet markets. It's very obvious that he was sloppy with his email, or maybe one of his customers was actually law enforcement, and Protonmail found out about it one way or another.
The example posted in this thread is with a poster advocating violence with a listed Protonmail account.

The point of Protonmail is to protect your privacy, not to let drug dealers or violent niggers avoid punishment. If you fucking break or conspire to break the law, and Protonmail finds out without access to your email account (i.e. you're very fucking stupid and sloppy with your own privacy), you shouldn't complain when they close your account.

Then again, these are the same retards who use fucking DISCORD for private communications... literally handing over their conversations to god knows who. There is no brainlet image appropriate enough for these kinds of retards, so I'll just settle on this one.

Attached: brainlet.png (183x275, 4K)

i will have you know that anarcho-communism is the only true believe system !!!!!!!!!!!!
>Anyone would actually believe the above statement for real, OMEGALUL

>Yeah, I'm sure the government is real interested in your stack of rejected job applications.

And yet, they still get those emails and store them on their servers.

>I'm sure the government is real interested in your stack of rejected job applications.
Please don't rub that in my face. I'm close to the edge.

this is a terrible idea

If you don't run it on your own server, you can't trust it.
Not to say that you can 100% trust your own server but it's a start.

>They've also closed drug dealer accounts that advertised themselves using a proton mail as a contact email.
i don't believe you.
no drug dealer worth his salt would ever use email for business

Attached: serveimage.jpg (750x375, 25K)

It's illegal against Swiss law though

All email is a honeypot. Use PGP.

>YWNRU
>YouWillNotReplaceUs
That sounds awfully similar to an alt-right slogan...

Attached: 1513709602765.gif (460x259, 1.93M)

he was dealing on the darknet

Google will send your domain straight to the spam folder.

if you are worried about your 3rd party email provider reading your emails, just pgp encrypt your emails and paste the ciphertext into the emails as plaintext.

>implying i will send an email to google

At least they clean up the hate abuse and kick off hate groups like alt-right, republicans, etc. The internet does not welcome hate; it is about love.

kek

So, to the guys saying proton is shit, what mire secure, non botnet do you use? Gmail?

Retard fucks like you who just CANNOT HELP but do the dumbest things known to man are the reason the NSA wants its jew paws all over everything

The owner tells you that you shouldn't trust him right on the front page. I still use my tfwno.gf adress tho

>click all the free ones
>half of them have shut down
Yeah, I'll just stick with Gmail...

Nothing because Jow Forums is full of shitposting /v/ kiddies

e-mail is not a secure protocol and you can't magically fix that by choosing some "non botnet" provider. the only secure e-mail is one encrypted with gpg and that's never going to happen because nobody uses that shit

use whatever the fuck you want

why do people listen to Jow Forums when you have more serious sites like privacytools.io and this email is not secure by definition

>don’t tell us that you want privacy and/or anonymity - we already know this, otherwise you wouldn’t have landed here. Tell us, instead, the reasons why you share these principles and what kind of person you are.
so like, you are only entitled to privacy if you pledge allegiance to the full stack of looney manifesto?

>Jow Forumstard can't comprehend the idea that they're people that aren't sjws that don't support their gay bullshit

>twitch chat emotes
yikes

Host your own and use cock.li + tor + gpg for the shady shit

No it doesn't if you know what you are doing

>giving a shit what some none. Action in the middle east does. Even if they could unencrypt it,it is still better the big stick USA getting it. What is some useless middle eastern nation gonna do.

>I've been told by a trusted friend not to use Protonmail because it's a honeypot.
>True?
What proof did your friend provide?
Protonmail uses end-to-end encryption, doesn't log your IP, and even if it did, they provide you with an .onion website for even more privacy
Not to mention that their code is open source, so if they were doing something shady, someone would have noticed at this point, it would be on the news already

Although they have been asked to collaborate with authorities in th past, due to the e2e crupto they use, the amount of data they can hand out is pretty limited, but the content of your emails themselves will always remain secure until someone finds a a way to break they encryption protocol
protonmail.com/blog/transparency-report/

also, what this guy said

>not having a single clue how e2e encryption works
imagine being this much of a brainlet

Attached: (you).png (645x729, 75K)

what do you mean?

I bet that 95% of the paranoid muh privacy faggots don't use email for anything other than signup confirmation links.

>if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear

whyprivacymatters.org/

youtube.com/watch?v=V9_PjdU3Mpo

youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk

youtube.com/watch?v=ucRWyGKBVzo

Attached: juststop.png (601x508, 114K)

refer to this

/thread

I'm not a lowlife enough to give a damn. Go preach to your bleeding edge distro buddies.

Attached: 1398505921363.png (1660x1940, 265K)