How useful would learning Mandarin be for a tech career

How useful would learning Mandarin be for a tech career

Attached: fBDVKrodayV82Wlz2.webm (368x640, 1.85M)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.baidu.com/internet
youtube.com/watch?v=dpB9Aeq8lUA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genu_recurvatum
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

someone post that pasta about that guy that learned mandarin

Wut

Is that an extraterrestrial life form?

It's a rare deepwater jew

Human v 1.35

What the fuck kinda gif was that. What's wrong with him?

What the fuck am I looking at ? Is this even real ?

Jesus christ wtf. He seems pretty cool though. Id find it hard to be happy or have fun with a condition like that.

Saw this on /b/ but never read the whole thread... what does the guy have?

When all of the jobs move to china you can become a foreign expert

Sure helps keeping up with latest tech.

Start here news.baidu.com/internet

Except to reach fluency never but reap benefits within 10 years.

I didn't lose too hard until I read this
Dunno why but this was the perfect reaction

just don't

Attached: lrNHGbS.png (1400x5552, 946K)

.... I don't even ... wat ...why

I did not expected that, laughed harder than i should

What in hell is that thing

what the fuck is that thing

el goblino?

useless compared to actual programming languages

Metal... Gear?

This is all entirely consistent with what I've heard from people I know in real life who are stuck doing business with China

>this.

FUCKING LOL

Attached: 1520524619973.gif (630x502, 1.01M)

no

The absolute must read in this thread.

Do not let the chinks take over.

Some form of muscular / nerval degeneration or polio + genu recurvatum.

not OP but was gonna learn Mandarin for real-estate stuff. this shit redpilled me desu.

Attached: Jack_ma_meme.jpg (600x400, 31K)

he's just getting rid of potential competition.

fpbp

PURGE THE MUTANT

>tech career

not it you plan to work for ZTE

It would be horrible. All people in China that are worth your time can speak English, especially if they are tech literate.
Learning mandarin and becoming the envoy to Chinese busineses would make your life a living hell because chinks can't help themselves when it comes to cheating and scamming anyone they can.

Attached: 1521633318216.gif (200x200, 891K)

No, mate. It's not joke or ploy to get rid of competition. Doing business in China is horrible. I studied CS in an English uni in China and even the uni itself acknowledged and told us about what doing business with the Chinese means.
It's not fun, you will get cheated and you will hate them for it because literally everyone and their uncle will applaud them for being so "clever" that they could cheat money out of someone, especially a foreigner.

Chinks are greedier than Jews but without the brains to match their greed.

Jobs will come back nchina.is not.needed if we got robits

I think it's going to be the most valuable language in general in the near future.

I can speak from experience that Facebook is trying to go Chinese. Also they used Mandarin to push into Hong Kong.

That's a stupid bet, it's obvious the chink government won't let Facebook become the dominant social media there, just like they didn't let Google, Amazon, eBay, etc.

He's obviously a Chink, don't talk to him.

Attached: 1503539903773.jpg (447x456, 32K)

niggers, if you don't understand how contracts work and can't properly negotiate, then you're gonna get hurt.

this doesn't matter whether that's in china or somewhere else.

Actually honoring the letter of a contract is a purely western convention, and many western countries like Greece still are quite bad at it.

WHY ARE HIS KNEES BACKWARDS

Then only sign contracts written in English.
It's not like you'll learn proper chinese anyway, foreigners spend over 10 years trying to learn it properly and most still suck, so even if you "learn" chinese it's easier you'll get duped when signing a contract in chinese.

This is why the Taiwan #1 meme exists - there's very little such fuckery on my little island. More than Japan, I'll admit that, but probably comparable to the west.

Learn proper, traditional Mandarin after jap since you'll already have kanji as a base.
t. Jap, Mandarin and Russian speaker living in tw

What the fuck does negotiating even mean when you're dealing with people who won't honor their end of the deal? Are you retarded?

But nobody is forcing him to list it on his resume

any stories on how Taiwan is better than Chiner? the thing is that China can offer services which others don't but the catch is that it's basically a dice roll. I've worked with Russians in both steel and real-estate industry (building 8-10 story apartment buildings in , steel is a huge part of it).
t. someone who's fluent in both Korean and Russian. Korean is fucking useless. they don't have any resources and doing business there is nearly impossible. government does not give out building contracts to foreigners.

nigger, there are multiple ways to negotiate, among other things, but not limited to, for example, payment options

there are various tools, such as payment upon delivery, escrow, insurance, etc. you only get fucked it you dress like a slut.

I only live here (married to local) but work remotely for Americans so can't give you the inside scoop but the law is much better here so foreign companies can definitely sue local cheaters.

There are of course some issues but it's mostly local
>cheap as fuck culture
>only buy cheap shit
>companies try to undercut each other to reduce prices
>suddenly food scandal because someone using industrial grade oil in food
>everyone acts shocked and dismayed
>A week later the same company offers extra shit bundled with the product in question (literally a small milk box taped to a regular milk jug for same price)
>Everyone forgets about thr scandal and raves about the killer deal
And sometimes I get the short end of the stick for being white but w.e, not going to ragespasm over it like SJWs.

Younger generation is slowly improving though.

Completely worthless. If you wanted to learn another language for tech, learn hindi.

IT won't move to China. They're actually worse than Indians when it comes to cybersecurity. Not to mention the whole IP theft issue.

he can stand by himself, that's impressive and make it more creepy

Useless.

who released Cri-Cri?

still sounds like shit, barely any better than Chiner except you can actually sue someone instead of getting fucked several times over. thanks for a reply though.
don't give a shit about SJWs and young genetation, next generation is destined to be cucked retards anyway. nothing I can do about it.

It's no Germany (business/manufacturing wise) but it's leaps and bounds better than China. Basically think Hong Kong but more Japanese and more manufacturing than finance. Also no need to partner up with local, government controlled companies and hand over all your IP just to get access to the market.
I guess I'm just defending the country I live in at this point. Feel free to ignore.

Kind of. A Brazilian.

in china, poor people will maim their own children (break arms, legs, etc) so they can look more pitiful when they beg for money in the streets

not sure, but this might be related

i was gonna post some examples of "chinese beggars" from google, but it made me sick. use your imagination

I speak Chinese because I went there to teach English before getting my CS degree. They are generally not moral people, but some are respectable. I can see business being horrible though.

Fuck china, taiwan ftw

youtube.com/watch?v=dpB9Aeq8lUA

Piss off, Gavin.

>tfw you're a metalworker and know this pain

>what does the guy have?
sex appeal

Okay, what about Japanese or Korean?

Then why would you learn one of the most complex languages if it doest give you some benefit.

Real China, best China

Japan is top-tier. Only major problem with them is the same "face" culture you'll find in all of eastern Asia: inability to give a straight answer or to admit fuckups

Korea is between China and Japan, literally and figuratively

plz nuke china

what Boston Dynamics robot is this?

if you like citrus fruits then it will be very uself

Attached: cheeee.png (704x400, 330K)

>they used Mandarin to push into Hong Kong
Bait

He's a Mech Warrior

>Jow Forums technology

Attached: anomalii-2.png (695x436, 675K)

thicc

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genu_recurvatum

How's JP in the EE R&D biz?

nothing probably, anybody that is worth anything knows english and china has nothing besides almost slave labor and garbage materials

But I'm Brazilian and I don't recognize that life form.

about as useful as learning objective-c