Repulsive

repulsive...

Attached: pajeets again.png (504x430, 14K)

>what is the worst case time complexity of a linear algorithm?

>not being the only one.
dude...

Attached: cmon....png (502x363, 11K)

How is this wrong?

is not, pajeets are retards.

Attached: poo programmist.png (693x519, 453K)

I'm not into maths, explain the whole complexity thing to a brainlet

damn i hope that's for some online course and not from a real college

given n elements, how many times does an algorithm run to complete?

if an algorithm returns the first element of a list, it's time complexity is 1, it doesn't matter if the list has a million elements or one

in linear search, the algorithm runs through all the elements in the list until it find the right one, therefore its worst time complexity is n (it goes through all elements in the array)
this is also why the OP is complaining, the worst time of a linear search is never n^2, it's at worst n

>only pajeets make typos
Everything is correct except the letters marked as correct
If you go tell your teacher there's a mistake on the test they will surely correct i
Oh wait, you'd have to have a real human interaction for once. Forget I said that.

>is ok to poo in streets
nice try Rajeesh

Attached: open-defecation_b9059f4e-c3ac-11e6-913d-826c0833a15d.jpg (960x540, 72K)

>everything is correct except for the answer

>Americans get graded for piss-easy quizzes and homework

: D

>answer
> :D

Is it okay to poo in streets?
A. No
B. Yes
C. Only in designated shitting streets
D. Only on doody day

You answered C. That was INCORRECT. The correct answer is C. You should only shit in designated shitting streets. Keep other streets clear of poo.

>average case
>base case
i thought it was worse case?

Big-Theta is neither of these, it represents the tight bound (both big-O and big-omega) of a function.

Is that San Francisco?

more like LA

very cute post user

Looks like the teacher entered the answers wrong

What is the difference between base case and average case?

Consider if your algorithm searches for an element in a list by scanning the list from the start to end.
Best case is the element you're looking for is the first element. You do one compare and return it. Done.
Worst case is it's at the end or not found. You compare n elements.
Average case is its in the middle. You do n/2 compares.

You answered everything but the question.

This is completely wrong.
O means =

For example a binary search is O(log(n)), but you could also say it's O(n^2). It's just a looser bound.
But binary search is Theta(log(n)) and not Theta(n^2). It's also Omega(log(n)) and Omega(1).

>: D

Do I need to literally spoonfeed you? Best is the absolutely shortest runtime possible. Average is, well, the average case. What are you missing here?

he said base case, not best case

I've never been to LA, but SA is fucked up, gays, faggots, hippies and literal street shitters, never again.