Privacy badger on steroids

privacy badger on steroids

Attached: 1525495831218.png (318x322, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/firefoxs-mr-robot-marketing-stunt-goes-wrong-users-think-they-downloaded-virus-2017-12
github.com/mozilla/addons-frontend/issues/2785
github.com/cowlicks/privacypossum
decentraleyes.org/test/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bloatware

>2128-110
>Firefox

Attached: ISHYGDDT.jpg (251x251, 17K)

how do you tell how much ram/cpu an add on uses?

uBlockOrigin and uMatrix is all you need.

Attached: UBlock_Origin.svg.png (1024x1024, 51K)

>privacy plugin
>on browser with universal backdoor
>on browser with google analytics built in

kys shill

works on forks. Also source?

What do you use?

businessinsider.com/firefoxs-mr-robot-marketing-stunt-goes-wrong-users-think-they-downloaded-virus-2017-12
They can soft pedal it all they want but the hard facts are:
Mr Robot add on is software.
This software was installed without user consent.
It was installed through an automated system built in to Firefox aka a backdoor.

(((Google))) analytics sends user information without the user's consent.

Conclusion: Firefox is adware and spyware. It has a universal backdoor accessible to a company with no moral integrity and can be used to abuse the user. Mozilla's past shows no sign that this will not be abused in the future.

Iridium

i have google analytics permanently turned off, and am using firefox nightly, which doesn't get weird addons.

The discussion was about privacy possum, which is iridium github.com/cowlicks/privacypossum

>which doesn't get weird addons.
Neither did Firefox releases until it did.

He literally explained to you how Firefox injected an add-on to unsuspecting users.
Considering you're not checking the code and building it yourself you're just as venerable as someone using chrome
So you might as well use it that since it's a better browser in terms of performance and compability and you don't care about your privacy

Vunerable*

Nice way to straight up shitpost Google shill, you can just build your own Fx, most spyware-like features and """" backdoors"""" (actually the auto update mechanism implemented on Windows releases and on the GNU/Linux standalone binaries from Mozilla) can easily be disabled, unlike the shitload of literal spyware on Chrome that requires forks to be disabled that are barely maintainable since Google intentionally makes it as hard as possible to remove their shit from Chromium
And if you're running a release from a distribution packager then you aren't going to get most of the random Mozilla faggotry

>accuses others of google shilling
>defends browser that bundles google analytics

You can easily disable them, unlike shit in Chrome and Chromium

I can easily disable telemetry on Windows 10 too. :^)

Except you can't, stop shitposting Chrome shill

lmao

>accuses others of google shilling
>defends browser that bundles google analytics

Go #metoo Stallman for his toxic macho masculinity on Twitter.

Attached: 1525970934261.jpg (640x480, 64K)

>google analytics runs on websites
>water is wet
it's not ""bundled"" anywhere fucking retard.

+decentraleyes

>Websites have increasingly begun to rely much more on large third-parties for content delivery. Canceling requests for ads or trackers is usually without issue, however blocking actual content, not unexpectedly, breaks pages. The aim of this add-on is to cut-out the middleman by providing lightning speed delivery of local (bundled) files to improve online privacy.

> • Protects privacy by evading large delivery networks that claim to offer free services.
> • Complements regular blockers such as uBlock Origin (recommended), Adblock Plus, et al.
> • Works directly out of the box; absolutely no prior configuration required.

>Note: Decentraleyes is no silver bullet, but it does prevent a lot of websites from making you send these kinds of requests. Ultimately, you can make Decentraleyes block requests for any missing CDN resources, too.

decentraleyes.org/test/

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 1.08.23 PM.png (988x582, 82K)

>he says as he types the non-free javascript captcha which forces a tracking cookie on to you

badgers > possums

seems cool
added

I always wondered what goes on in the tiny brains of developers of (((everything))) when 99% of big sites use jquery, why not just have it locally..

I made this just for you.

Attached: guide_for_dumb_anon.png (1156x834, 69K)

>false flags with Stallman getting MeToo'd
>pretends that straight up using Chrome is better than using the easily debotneted Firefox
No ones falling for it schlomo

You can easily avoid anything Google related with a pass, or isolate the cookie with containers and not run any of their JS with 4chanX or uMatrix/NoScript
Even then you can auto delete the cookie with Self Destructing Cookies for Fx 56 and ESR 52 or Cookie Autodelete if you're on Fx 57+

>participating in firefox botnet
Just no.

Why is this better? No options, doesn't tell you the sources. Doesn't allow you to change it, like privacy badger does, blocking fully, blocking cookies or allowing. Seems like its getting shilled by an ex dev whose angry at EFF and has connections. I tested it (mobile mind you) on breitbart because their site is heavy with ads. Privacy badger picked up 14 trackers, privacy possum only picked up 12. So I ask again, why is it "privacy badger on steroids", what is better about it? What does it offer that privacy badger doesn't? What does it do better? Why should I use it? The articles just state that its better, without reasoning or proofs.

why would you need that on a browser that respects your privacy and doesn't sells you user? is everything fine?

Attached: why.jpg (451x451, 18K)

Privacy Badger blocks cookies, JS, and pixel tracking using heuristics, no browser out there does the same by default
Perhaps links or some other text only and JS-less browser does, on the virtue of not having any of the technologies misused for tracking on normal browsers

options > privacy & security > Data collection > Allow telemetry > allow firefox to install and run studies

have all that checked and still complain?

I like possums even if they're creepy looking
you're still unknowingly transmitting detailed, personally identifiable information (location, hardware) to third parties, even if it's just on the add-on page
exaggerating is a disservice but it's still a privacy violation

>You can disable Google Analytics in about:addons by setting your Do Not Track status to on.
>If you spot an issue with our implemetation of DNT to disable Google Analytics, feel free to file an issue on this repo.
fixed immediately btw and a complete nonissue. weird how the only information sent from me was when I made it go to this thread instead. you know. since Jow Forums also runs analytics.

oh wait analytics is blocked because I'm not a retard nevermind.

>it isn't botnet if you can disable it
90% of people don't, which makes you innately "suspicious" if you do.
even if you aren't being spied on personally, the data they gather though analytics impacts you negatively, indirectly compromising you.
stallman doesn't have a Facebook, but the details of his life are plastered all over it because of the people he interacts with.
is this really something you want to be arguing in favor of?

>Jow Forums also runs analytics
reminder.
how are you replying? wasn't botnets bad even though they do not function? is your thirst for spewing dumb propaganda more important than adhering to what you believe is just?

clover is floss and I use noscript captcha...nigger you're fucking glowing

this is what i got
this is what i need. i used to need stylish but youtube has a dark theme built-in now

Attached: Capture.jpg (326x206, 20K)

>uninstall the addon
>measure the RAM/CPU usage throughout the day
>install the addon the next day
>repeat first test
>aggregate, compare data

>botnet chromium based
>says it phones home right at the privacy statement
tasteless joke

Attached: lel.jpg (300x301, 19K)

>Ghostery
>He doesn't know

Attached: 1511300945298.jpg (623x735, 238K)

are you stupid?