Build PC

>Build PC
>Everything working great
>5 years, not a single crash, bug, problem of any kind
>Lose job
>couple weeks later
>Some shit happens to the memory controller
>16GB (4x4) of RAM reading as 8 (Not as 2x4 but as 4x2)
>Test seven ways to sunday, every 4GB stick is being read as a 2GB stick.
>Couple more weeks go by
>SSD stops reading
>Can't do shit, replace it with a spare HDD I had, install new os because SSD was the windows drive
>Couple more weeks go by
>USB port in the back where the mouse is plugged in experiencing intermittent signal loss, every other click doesn't register.
>Relocate mouse to a different port
>Now
>Data drive dies (Port, I think) the drive still spins when it's plugged in but isn't detected, tested on several PCs.
>Literally all my photos on there.
>Had the latest living photos of a friend that passed away recently.

God damn, when it rains it pours.

Attached: 0skJjHK.jpg (2592x1936, 1.03M)

I recall a meme when 5years is the like "varranty" stuff before it starts to break. Aren't in enterprise there a directive to replace hardware every N-years and N is like equal to five?

Like chineese are selling intel XEON from old servers.

And you probably not a clever IT guy since you do not backup your stuff.

Attached: tari.jpg (1280x720, 147K)

Yep yep, great, about that though. Could you repeat all of that in English so I can actually understand it?

I think hes trying to say "timed failure"

Also you should really backup your stuff.

I always hear back your stuff up, but to where? Another volatile storage? The cloud ™ ?

USB drive, mSD card, blu-ray, CD/DVD, external HDD

OP you have no excuse, just admit your a dumb fuck and learn from your mistakes. Your friend would have probably wanted you to forget about him and move on anyhow. We have to let things go eventually, even our own mortality when the time comes.

Keeping temps and voltage low and turning your pc off when you are not using it makes them last longer

That's what you get for buying a cheap Mobo.

Computers know man.

In the past two months I've been replacing two servers for two companies and both servers being replaced failed days before having the new systems up and running despite having absolutely no issues.

They know.

Attached: 1433190015555.jpg (624x950, 145K)

literally anywhere? what's wrong with you?

>Keeping temps and voltage low and turning your pc off when you are not using it makes them last longer
That doesn't make sense to me

When you turn the computer off, the components cool down and contract, but when in use they heat up and expand. Surely doing this over and over wears down the longevity of the components more than just leaving it in sleep or hibernate mode when idle

Something like Bup; which is designed to deduplicate the data you store in it, but make it difficult to delete any individual piece of data, and adds its own layers of redundancy to recover from bit rot at the file system layer.

>leaving your pc turned of ar room temperature makes you components contract

Attached: 1521963091221.png (225x216, 91K)

i just said that

Because the degradation you get from running them is orders of magnitude more than anything you'd get from expansion/contraction.

PSU Op, PSU.

OP, if you are in the nyc area, I have fucking 3 ASUS ROG motherboards (2 of em Rampage VI ) ended up getting accidentally through purchasing with bitcoin. I'm trying to find someone to help me install my computer, and in exchange can have one of the Rampage Vis.
I know, this sounds sketchy as fuck and have no idea how would ever get in touch, but fuck it seems like such a perfect thing. Buy needs motherboard, I have extra motherboard in exchange for help connecting the motherfucker...

Attached: motherboard.jpg (1632x1224, 596K)

This is why I took home 3 thinkpads, a hp z420 workstation and a lots of spare ssds and ram from work. In case I lose my job I still have enough spares to keep going for a long time.

>3 ASUS ROG motherboards (2 of em Rampage VI ) ended up getting accidentally through purchasing with bitcoin
saw your thread earlier many keks were had
good luck with the build crazy buttcoin man
protip: touch the metal of the case with one hand before touching the motherboard, gpu etc it will ground you

>didn't make backups of his photos
Retard

He is referring to planned obsolescence.

just open the grave and take a picture, no biggie

>losing important files
NIGGER DO BACKUPS, DO YOU GUYS LEARN NOTHING FROM THE STORIES POSTED ABOUT DATA LOSS?

Is it Z77? They were faulty. Would not recommend, get a Ryzen.