/spg/ - Smartphone General

/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX (embed)

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>Recent news
phonearena.com/news

Attached: lg_p350_1.jpg (550x548, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.banggood.com/DOOGEE-MIX-5_5-Inch-Android-7_0-4GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Helio-P25-Octa-Core-2_5GHz-4G-Smartphone-p-1155525.html
downloads.aospextended.com/potter/
ebay.com/itm/New-in-Sealed-Box-LG-V20-H918-64GB-5-7-Smartphone-T-Mobile-ONLY/253482447438?hash=item3b04bb324e:m:mnvLrupqFf9l_3QpuQUHIEQ
motorola.com/us/products/moto-g-gen-6
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Forgot last thread

Stop buying botnetphones.

so we should buy jitterbugs?

Non-botnet phones. If you're really Jow Forums you don't need all the social media shit that smartphones offer. Just get a feature phone.

Should I wait for snap 855, the 845 is just plain sucks.and my phone with 821 is so fucking slow right now for some reason.

>muh 7nm processor
>muh more efficiency

Guys, is there a good chinkphone with a user replaceable battery?

>tfw my 801 phone still smooth
Bought a phone with 835 regardless

i'll get fucked if I buy a s8 from ebay right?
should I wait for the s8 lite if I want one for around £350?

Just get yourself normal phone with decent amount of ram and fast storage. SD835 is still strong.

Buypig.

My xiaomi mi a1 fell out of my pocket from a height of about 40cm onto a concrete pavement. Screen is completely shattered although everything works fine, including touch functions.

What can I do to prevent this happening once again after I get my screen replaced?
Do these on screen glued protectors do any good ? What about those rubber casings ?

This sounds dumb but just dont drop your phone screen protectors will sokmetimes crack before your screen but there really just for scratches.

>Do these on screen glued protectors do any good ? What about those rubber casings ?

Yes, glass protectors are a thing. Also, any simple silicon case will do, to keep thin feeling.

Femanon here

Definitely go for a glass screen protector. They have saved my phone on countless occasions. Even if I drop the phone right on its face, the worst I get is a crack in the protector which is easily and cheaply replaced. The screen has never been damaged.

Attached: selfie2.jog.jpg (764x1024, 101K)

what are some good uses for spare android phones? Asking for a friend that repairs and sells phones as a living

based femanon poster

My Moto X4 won't update to 8.1 Oreo

What gives? It's not even rooted or has custom recovery.

>tfw my phone has 6gb of ram and 128gb storage
>still lags

mind you I'm using mi 5s plus, using AOSP ROM. they're getting slower and slower on each firmware updates. fucking crap-mi. my next purchase will be oneplus 6 or if I don't throw out my phone just yet I guess I'll try waiting for 855.

poorfag can't buy top tier phone, it seems

Attached: xd.png (768x719, 563K)

thats a trap retard

Does stating your gender makes your argument more valid ?
God fucking damn it attention whore

>paying money for the botnet
Good goy.

Because of their slow storage chips used, CPU should easily be efficient in all the ways. So, I don`t remember they used UFS memory in mi 5S. My phone too does perform like shit, but i`m stuck for a week or two until i`ll finally will decide what to buy.

I think this is the buy boys.

>Amoled
>Comfy as fuck
>Root and TWRP is widely available, no botnet
>Way under 200 Canadian rupees

m.banggood.com/DOOGEE-MIX-5_5-Inch-Android-7_0-4GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Helio-P25-Octa-Core-2_5GHz-4G-Smartphone-p-1155525.html

Attached: d32679bc-b2e8-44b4-9e8a-b85aa641274f.jpg (361x361, 15K)

Question: Why are you retards buying phones that cost more than a few hundreds dollars e.g. $250+? What does that top-of-the-line smartphone get you? These are fucking Facebook machines. There is zero innovation left in the mobile industry. There's no new wacky form factors and designs coming out, it's all the same boring black slab bullshit that is borderline fashion over actual tech.

Nobody needs the power of the iPhone whatever-is-the-newest model. At least with PC hardware, one can make an argument about gaymes and other compute heavy shit like mining. With phones, it's fucking nothing but social media and your faggot ass mobile toilet game time waster.

Give me ONE GOOD REASON why you wouldn't buy a chinkphone for a few hundred compared to the Galaxy Assblaster 9000. Protip: all phones are botnet.

Attached: >2011 君たちshig波.jpg (700x700, 247K)

is the redmi 4x 2g version worth getting? and how does it perform when running custom roms on it?

>render
get CHINCKED

Attached: brightnessFeatured-796x531.jpg (796x531, 43K)

Are there any good Moto G5 Plus ROMs?
LineageOS doesn't officially support it

Attached: moto_g5_plus_13 (1).jpg (2000x1125, 162K)

I got a flagship (nokia 8) for half of the price. 250$

This, any decent modern smartphone with renovable batteries anymore?

LG V20

When do you guys think V30 prices will go down?

I switched from a xiaomi mi 5S to a Honor mate se. Did I fuck up?

Preferably without bootloops

I actually have a question regarging the LG V20 phone.

I have found it quite cheap on Ebay, around 200 dollar for a brand new phone. I want to buy it but I am a bit suspicious because the sellers selling it for this price both explain the phone will be shipped from Hong Kong or Singapore.

So my question is are these Hong Kong sellers trust worthy, or do they sell refurbished phones instead of new ones?

One says the guarantee is 3 months. The other one says it is 1 year. But I thought BRAND NEW phones have 2 years warranty, so idk should I risk it.

downloads.aospextended.com/potter/

Anyone have the Aquos S2? How's the camera?

I have a question regarging the LG V20.

I have found it quite cheap on Ebay, around 200 dollars for a brand new phone. I want to buy it but I am a bit suspicious because the sellers selling it for this price both explain the phone will be shipped from Hong Kong and/or Singapore.

So my question is are these Hong Kong sellers trust worthy, or do they sell refurbished phones instead of new ones? What makes me suspicious is the significantly lower price compared to other sellers selling brand new LG V20 phones.

One says the guarantee is 3 months. The other one says it is 1 year. But I thought BRAND NEW phones have 2 years warranties?

Any advice?

Thank u

Attached: IMG_20180424_072748.jpg (960x1280, 138K)

>mum asks me to pay for her Apple music
>"user, it's $9.99"
>cheap enough, give her my info
>get charged 3 times
>$20+ of additional charges
>call Apple
>"user, that is for verification"
>apple forums say the same thing

Holy fuck, is this what apple users have to deal with? Whatever happened to "add a cent, take a cent"? How fucked is a company to take over $20 just to prove that your money exists, and how cucked are the consumers to stand for it?

Attached: 1497280900260.jpg (312x345, 21K)

I'm sure everyone google do the same ? They need authorization first from bank and google billing. I got billed $25 for using google pay.

Well, that is LG curse :(

You`re buying something from afar, ask Ebay about policy thing on warranty. Probably used phone or who knows... You always can open dispute :)

Not too bad, but could get something better imo.

Yuck, first I got a good experience with mi max 1 then it all went down on this 5s plus, xiaomi hw quality is getting worse every year.

bump

Honor 10 of OP6? Both come out next week

They are chink refurbs. Broken phones with parts mixed in, could be legit or replica parts. Quality varies, won't be as good as a legit new model.

OP6 is the way. Honor 10 is very tempting at the moment, but price is still a questionable thing (cheaper than OP6 tho). Both are china, so depends on you in the end.

Is this 100% sure? Even if the sellers have more than 99% ratings?

I mean, do they recieve those high ratings because buyers don´t know/ don´t care if the phones are refurbished or brand bew?

Or do the ratings mean it is actually a legit seller?

i do actually, since the only way to contact most of my friends is via facebook messenger.

no one i know who's my age calls or texts anymore.

whaat? but they give you back the $20 rite?
Like the paypal verification they charge your account about $2 and then you need to tell them the exact amount in order to verify the bank account is yours.

Just to clarify: the price is 240 dollars, not 200 as I stated above. Idk if this changes your perception or not...

I didn't know google did the same thing. I don't pay for music, truth be told.
That's even worse, though. Tech companies are getting too brazen, as it seems.
I assume so, but I haven't gotten the money back yet

what is the thinkpad of smartphones?

Attached: 1495827427215.png (600x600, 167K)

Nokia probably is close to this, but that is only opinion

You know those clear plastic/silicone cases you can get for like $1 that only cover the back of your phone? Is there a name for a classier style of that case with better texture etc.?

Snapback

Moto Jow Forums

>Moto Z
>Lenovo (duh)
>Blackberry for Keyboard

Moto Jow Forums Play

Moto G5 Plus came. It's used, but it looks like it's wiped.

Any precaution suggestions or steps to take aside from cleaning the phone off first? I've never gotten a used Moto before. It's on 7.0.

Attached: 1498619394089.gif (499x439, 12K)

would it be dumb to buy an LG G6 now?

>norwayboi so phones are expensive
>dont play games, but need at least 64gb storage for music
>hate the curved screen/bessels transition thing ala samsuck S9
>upgrading from S4 active from like 4 years ago

pls giv teh halp :)

Attached: lg.jpg (1000x542, 50K)

bezel* english is hard

My friend used to have g6, and he hate it desu. the battery life is horrid.

bump

ebay.com/itm/New-in-Sealed-Box-LG-V20-H918-64GB-5-7-Smartphone-T-Mobile-ONLY/253482447438?hash=item3b04bb324e:m:mnvLrupqFf9l_3QpuQUHIEQ

Tell me what you think pls

Install 8.0 (Oreo) if it's unlocked. It's bette rthan Nougat in EVERY way.

shit

anybody have experience w/ LG V30?

Attached: 1519872198598.jpg (480x480, 46K)

What does horrible mean? What does he use it for and how many hours does he get?

It's not possible to tell unless you have it in your hands, or at least detailed pictures. Even then it's still difficult if it's well-made enough.
I have a moto x 2014 which has been refurbished this way. The screen was a big giveaway, the rest of it was legit though. 2 years later it still works just fine.

Okay, so Android 8.0 or LineageOS? It's not for me btw.

Attached: 1520663171203.gif (310x266, 132K)

Also don't know about you but in my country, $180 can get you a good condition V20, regardless of refurbished or not.

>get nice unlocked phone that isn't $800
>only carrier in my area that takes unlocked phones is cricket, which uses at&t towers, which dont have service in my area
Fuck phones and fuck cell phone companies

Attached: 1525883475528.png (1920x1080, 2.56M)

Sounds like it's your fault for not doing the research on what carriers are in your area and what carriers your phone supports.

Whats the best phone i could get right now that has a very good screen for about 200-250€ in europoor? Preferably amoled but it can be a good lcd

He got like 3-4 hours sot max, mostly listening to music.

pls respond

I want it brand new, and here in Spain they cost more than 500 euros.

Its not my fault verizon kikes policy is to squeeze as much money from you as possible while getting you locked in to their network

Fuck it. I'll just get Oreo. They probably wouldn't care about LineageOS customization anyway.

S7 can sometimes be found ~250€ new. If not that then A5 2017.

Planning on upgrading from my Nexus 5X, I'm in the US.

My budget is probably 300 or less, I'm eyeing getting a Pixel XL refurb or maybe one of the newer motorola devices. Any obvious recommendations?

motorola.com/us/products/moto-g-gen-6

Moto G6 looks alright, though I will miss the NFC, I ended up using that way more often than I thought I would.

>Lenovo
>ThinkPad of anything
lel

Don't get anything with a 4xx processor

Oh that is bad. Was he using high impedence headphones?

Yeah I was eyeing that and trying to get a little more educated.

Just don't it lags like crazy the ui is bad on a different level and it has like 13 variants so you might end up a variant you cannot even root.
Get the nokia 8 is has a good dac and expandable storage

Look into the nokia 6.1 or do you prefer the 18:9 display

I think he is, also bluetooth

As a former owner that sounds right i sold that flaming piece of shit in 2 months

Oh, apparently there's no official Oreo for Moto G5+ and custom roms have bluetooth/call dropping issues.

Guess I'll stick to stockdroid for once in my life.

Attached: 1503829149223.jpg (320x240, 60K)

More ram or more powerful processor? What wins?

depends on if you want to use apps or have them sit in memory

>Femanon
KeK

Looks nice! I'll take peek around for it. I'm not much of a display buff so loosing out on 18:9 isn't too bad. I just want something that doesn't have load up apps anytime I swap out anymore.

I bought a screen protector for my OnePlus 3. There were 3 in the pack and they all had horrible bubbling.

That was when I decided not to use a screen protector for my OnePlus 3.

It's pretty alright. Make sure that you buy one that was manufactured recently because LG made some shit-tier screens that had loads of issues like banding, grainyness and stucks pixels.

I had one of these around 2011-2012, it was comfy asf