What Linux-based operating system is as simple as Windows?

What Linux-based operating system is as simple as Windows?

Attached: index.jpg (207x244, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=command usage
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

chromeos/android

KDE plasma

GNU/Linux

For a functional desktop? None

This is the only correct answer.

Windows is not simple, it took you years of school and home usage to get where you are now with it and it will take a similar requirement of effort to get the same amount of utility from any other operating system

I use xfce and it works like a charm!

>get the same amount of utility
The real problem is, Linux does not have the same software support

Sure, linux is great if all you do is shitpost and watch anime

Any of the major distros (ubuntu, debian, fedora, etc) are arguably easier than windows since drivers are handled automatically and you can update everything with sudo apt-get update/upgrade, or I think you can use gui repo updaters too (dunno if they come stock on distros today, I dont use linux much anymore).

If you just want to browse the web then linux is easier, where it gets "hard" is when you want to start autistically customizing/tweaking everything, which 99% of people won't really benefit from

Linux Mint

ZorinOS, openSUSE, Linux Mint, Xubuntu/Kubuntu, Android x86

This. Anyone trying Linux for the first time doesn't get that it took them a decade to get to where they are now with windows. Also, windows is more difficult to learn.

>spend the next decade learning linux
>2028
>still no good software

And all Windows is good for is shitposting and gayms. How the hell does anyone actually get any work done?

this

loonix it's shittons of legacy, excrements and ductape.

Step 1. Get a job

By clicking.

Attached: Untitled.png (328x333, 8K)

You'd think most anons would be able to pick up on sarcasm by now.

Wait a second. You're saying that, in the future, you can just click on things to make them work instead of copy/pasting a dozen different commands from forum posts from 2009 hoping one of them is still relevant?

Amazing

Attached: 1488769650485.jpg (656x1024, 164K)

All good software is on Linux, autismo.

> i'am power linux user
> windows is hard to learn
> all .exe not in same folder
> REEEEEEE

package managers and nogui shit does't count

dumb question but is linux installed on a virtual machines as safe as just installing linux?

Gentoo

windows is literally the most convoluted complex operating system. ubuntu, debian, fedora, centos, opensuse, mint, and about a thousand other linux distros are simpler than fucking windows

safe for what?
malware - vm can be fucked
big brother - lol nope

Media players, office tools, browsers, file managers, KDE Connect, development tools, basic desktop software, communication software. All best of these categories are on Linux. The fuck are you missing?

youre a moron, get the fuck off Jow Forums

i use linux for web browsing, photo editing, games, spreadsheets, movies, etc.

this covers 99% of the use of a computer by anyone.

>big brother - lol nope
why not

Define simple.
KDE have graphical interfaces for everything from settings.
GNOME is about as simple as windows because they keep removing features.
Mate is pretty simple in that it doesn't do much.
I haven't spent much time with the other desktops.

manjaro. it just werks

you mean software doesnt have linux support, because microsoft literally pays them not to produce linux software

yeah windows software is fuckin amazing. i sure love finding random installers on the web which ask me to upgrade constantly, expire, install random toolbars, desktop icons, and random other fucking entire programs. shits amazing

windows it's shittons of legacy, excrements and ductape.

*ftfy

>copying and pasting commands instead of just learning them
you are hopelessly retarded

>simpler than fucking windows
so,can you enable sudo on debian (without google)
can your parents do same?

>learning every command for every package
You need a job

sudo is enabled by default
fuck youre retarded

>learning to click to open windows where you click some more to open more windows where you click more to open tabs where you click what you want
wow thats way better

Android

>wow thats way better
It truly is

read it again, blind faggot
on DEBIAN sudo is not enabled by default.

If you want something super simple and functional, try Q4OS. It's using a fork of KDE 3.5 called Trinity as the desktop. It's a little ugly and not very customizable, but it gets the job done nicely. It's based on Debian and is very stable, and comes with a basic app store kind of program to install a browser and other basic office utilities with one click, as well as PlayOnLinux so you can run most Windows XP-7 programs. Since it is Debian based, you can install any Debian program on it using the command line if you're willing to do so. Just add new apt sources and update. Q4OS also has a very complete GUI out of the box. Everything is super consistent.

You'll probably like TDE a lot if you liked Windows XP.

Attached: q4os.png (1280x1024, 138K)

>media players
name at least 3 of them which has C/C++ gui, not dead, not vlc
>office tools
M$ office is standard defacto
>browsers
hello potato
>file managers
variety of shit and autism, none of them good at all
>development tools
wash your hands shitting on street
>basic desktop software
calculators? lol
>communication software
chats and irc clients? its 2005 again?

just what i'm looking for

Kys

>t. never used linux

On DEBIAN, sudo *IS* enabled by default. You are just a RETARD

every linux media playey is better than whatever the fuck comes with windows

microsoft office is proprietary garbage

hurr no web browsers for linux durr

the windows file manager is complete trash.

are you really trying to suggest linux isnt the superior platform for developers? ok Bob

r u retard?

CloverOS

MacOS

Android

I used solely Linux at home for nearly 5 years. Looking back, it was fun, but it's more of a pain than it's worth.

GNOME OS

android

At my job all the devs run Ubuntu, there's no better OS for developping imo

Ubuntu and Mint are the only legit answers

>simple as Windows
Windows
simple

lol

Attached: cantstopupdates2.png (1920x2160, 243K)

Seems pretty simple to me...

Attached: 1510310648411.png (172x172, 51K)

Coding by committee of volunteers with no real management tends to end up like this. Love open source or not, when no one is accountable they tend to do shit work. Then like all group projects someone takes over and does most of it, but you better believe they coded some resentment in.

openSUSE Leap 42.3

Literally everything beyond closing or opening a program is obfuscated.

>"obfuscated"
>have to scroll through start menu to find task scheduler, whatever shall i do!
Speaks to how fucking lazy people are that they can't look through the utilities provided and try to figure shit out on their own, or at least do a quick search and find the answer within the first few results.

>figure shit out on their own
lol

If you want to do anything at all you have to find a help article written by some 50 year old technet wizard that's been working for microsoft his entire life, and then hope its still relevant for the latest version of Windows, it almost never is.

They are all for autistics with too much free time and nerds in the IT department.

All of them. Windows only seems simple to you because you've never used anything else. Windows feels clunky, inconsistent, and shit to me the Linux user. I'm sure if I converted to Plan 9 or BSD Linux would start to feel that way too.

>If you want to do anything at all you have to find a help article written by some 50 year old technet wizard that's been working with linux his entire life, and then hope its still relevant for the latest version of [insert package], it almost never is

It wouldn't.
Linux is at the center of open source development, BSD is hobyshit maintained purely so people can easily write proprietary software.

Naw, usually all you need to do is append --help.

It isn't fucked like Windows where you type /? and it spits out a version number and corrupts your terminal.

fake news

Also technet is owned by Microsoft and a technet wizard is a legitimate job there, dumbass.

I'm not a GPL zealot. I'm talking less about licenses and more about the consistency/simplicity of the OS which BSD tends to talk up with its distinction between the OS and the ports.

>man command
>command --help
lmgtfy.com/?q=command usage
wow so hard

Attached: 5eb.jpg (600x750, 26K)

Attached: 5b88a97462b24dba58a985fb366b8dfa0eece28d3ee6262fcc7e8de5b62f3402.jpg (466x700, 55K)

Linux From Scratch.

Commands from 2009 are almost all still relevant today.
Good luck finding instructions on how to navigate UI to find the thing you need to click on from 10 years ago that work at all.

deebian with kde

Attached: Screenshot_20180426_202322.png (1366x768, 1.38M)

just install the Linux Kernel and you will have the simplest Linux distro