26yo NEET with untapped potential, what certs should i study to get a basic job

26yo NEET with untapped potential, what certs should i study to get a basic job

Attached: i-care-because-you-do-cover.jpg (1200x1200, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/system_administrators_guide/index
access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/networking_guide/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>NEET
>untapped potential
Heh

>Untapped potential
There is nothing to tap

You missed the teen work and social experience you will NEVER fit in with the normalfags. It's too late.

>untapped potential
yeah, i'm 'smart but lazy' as well

Attached: serious lisa.png (189x188, 48K)

user my pants have more potential

>26
>potential

About as much potential as a Christmas cake

No such thing as untapped potential from NEETs.

NEETs are without potential. Thats the definition of NEET.

Trust me, if you had potential, you wouldn't be a NEET.

don't listen to these failed human wastes and don't ask advice to them. You can do whatever you want with your life, given the right mind and dedication. You won't be the next Dennis Ritche, surely you'll be better than 90% of this trashcan of a website. 26 is still young, given you acquire competences quickly to get into a job. Do not focus into certs, choose a field, get knowledge on that field and do projects on github, then apply.

Just B urself

Study PHP and try to pass as indian

>potential
Kek

>t. clueless meme retard who failed in life and expects anyone is the same.
Guess what, been neet/on college for 9 years, fapping on b and shitposting in here. Finally graduated and got a job after three months. Shitty webdev stuff. Learned networking and security on the side, saved enough to get a CCNA and a Security+. Currently working as Networking Engineer for a local ISP with around 200 employees, serving 20-30000 clients. 90k job, plus free access to all the certs and conferences I'll need to acquire more knowledge. It's only a matter of motivation and choosing what you really like to do.

This, tech is one of the very few industries that gives more value to experience and self-learning than credentials. Infosec especially so.

A solid set of open source contributions will go a long way

It was believable until you said 90k.

>26yo
>untapped potentia
you are so fucking lost freindo I hope you have a good family and friends. Enjoy beeing neet for the rest of your life.

i would love to start learning something and create my own project, what is a good language i should start with? would like to end up doing something like a sysadmin

Attached: 1491329921442.gif (720x720, 1.44M)

>sysadmin
- Learn how to use and manage a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system
- Learn shell scripting and python
- Understand networking basics and how to use a firewall like iptables

don't really care if you believe it or not, honestly I expect you to not believe anything written in this site. Anyways, for whst it's worth that's the current salary, after 5 years I work there.

>tfw 24yo NEET with no potential

Attached: rlm.jpg (540x423, 24K)

Join the French Foreign Legion

maybe he lacks social potential rather than technical potential

Totally wrong.
>choose a field and acqire competency willy nilly
No. Choose something locally in-demand and acquire the necessary comptencies that employers want. I don't give a damn if you're an autistic savant reverse engineer assembly god-wizard, there's nobody who is going to hire you in most places because that kind of work is done in a handful of locations. Additionally, foot-in-the-door IT, as opposed to software development, is absolutely done through certificaiton and certification is not incongruent with building competency.

Rule number one: Your competency is absolutely unknown until you've been in a workplace. Your portfolio can catch an eye or two, but you need to interview well and that means banging those books, nailing down the buzzwords and relating them to what you know, and putting off any other areas of competency until you need them or want to acquire them for future employment once you already have a job.

where is a good starting place to learn these? would be willing to pay for a professional course etc

Attached: 1353130430388.gif (396x385, 65K)

At least you're honest unlike OP.

this. You'll also need to learn basics of programming and C is arguably the best language to start with. Not because it is easy, it's not easy at all, but it'll teach tou everything you'll need. Start from the basics and build up from there. A good book on computer architecture is a nice follow up (tanenbaum maybe) and machine learning is one of the best fields to get knowledge into, as it's being used everywhere in the IT. For that tho, you'll need a compsci degree or close to that, at least some good understanding of data structures, algorithms and especially graph theory.

And most importantly: no, you won't be able to keep with the neet lifestyle anymore, not even while you learn. You need to flip the switch and start thinking about your 8 hours as if you are already employed and paid by someone. At least that's what I did.

RHEL is free for personal use now. Go download it and use it. Shell scripting and Python resources are free and plentiful as well, though you can get good books on those subjects for cheap too. For the rest I'd say your best off buying the A+ and Net+ books and getting those certs when you feel comfortable with them.

read my follow up post and realize a human being can relocate himself in order to achive a better life and get a job he truly likes. Improving on something you love doing it's way easier or he's gonna end up being a code monkey wage slave, hating his life even more than now.

>machine learning
>CS degree
>graph theory
Jesus fuck, what the hell are you smoking? Sysadmins take ezmode MIS/CIS degrees and get trivial certs, why would anyone with a CS degree and a solid grasp on ML/GT bother with a sys job when they could be paid 3x as much doing developer work?

>just relocate bruh
NEETs can't afford to move my dude. Doubtful they can afford the gas, plane, or train tickets to get to far-flung interviews. There is nobody saying not to move for a better career, but that's not where you get started when you want to stop being poor.

i recently bought a thinkpad off craigslist with the hopes of using it for this, ill try out learning rhel on it as well as shell and python. should i worry about books being out of date or incompatible when i purchase them? obviously wouldn't buy anything more than a few years old but just curious if i can feel safe buying anything recent i see on amazon or a book store

Attached: 1464701457485.png (1462x992, 950K)

Ignore all other advice in thread apart from
Get AWS certs and maybe some CCNA and you're good to go.

you need knowledge and flexibility in this field, especially the sysadmin work is getting more and more volatile and you need to be as much employable as you can get. Which doesn't mean you need to be omniscent or know almost nothing about anything. You'd know if you stopped jerking to animes while pretending to know something.

No. Any book from the last 5 years is fine. I draw interview questions from top amazon books because I know that's what candidates are going to study and I prefer they have a bit of practice instead of forcing me to walk through everything with them.

I recommend barcode scanning cert or "would you like extra large fries sir" cert.

that's what I did tho, got a shitty dev job to earn money to study for certs and to move away.

>what certs should i study to get a basic job
one on untapped potential

>muh animu
Yeah fuck off NEET. You're here to make yourself feel better about constant failure and you've cooked up this narrative about needing to be a highly accomplished CS theorist to be a lowly jr. sysadmin. This has nothing to do with omniscience or flexibility, it's about you being a delusional faggot.

I'd advise the same thing, but I don't advise anyone to plan on moving before they have a reliable income and work history.

I don't know about Linux basics, but once you somehow understand the basics, read over the official Red Hat docs:
>access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/system_administrators_guide/index
>access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/networking_guide/

As for shell scripting and python, go on amazon and search for "shell scripting book" or "python programming book" and get a copy of one with a lot of reviews and an average rating of 4.5+ stars

Shut your whore mouth, at least women can suck dicks and look good.
OP is probably a balding fat fuck who looks like an oblivion character so he can't even be a tranny dick holster for a man much less a milf.

stop projecting that much, and stop jerking off to anime already. Not everyone is like you, thank god.

fuck a nigga can't get a word of motivation around here
i wish i had real friends

Bicycle repair

>you'll need a compsci degree
No, you can teach yourself just like everything else. what special knowledge will a degree give you that you can't get anywhere else?
kys koolaid guzzler

Pretty good example of what NEETs actually believe right here. It's why they never leave the basement and get jobs. lmao@CS #overkill for entry level jobs. You couldn't be more obvious NEET.

yeah but once you have the overkill set of skills wouldn't it be easier for you get basic tech jobs

No, that's called being over-qualified.

thanks i was able to download a pdf of the #1 result and im working through it now on kubuntu, will try rhel once i learn the basics

Attached: hduurr.png (474x585, 441K)

If you had any particular talents you would have found out by now.

tfw genuinely stupid and lazy but still have a secure, decent-paying job

how did i do it lads?

Attached: 212334.jpg (324x278, 24K)

Jow Forums is full of fags today. All people have potential because they have the ability to learn things, even NEETs. Good on you for wanting to turn your life around, OP.

I used to think 26 seemed like the distant future but I turn 25 on Monday and I still haven't started my career.

is that even a thing when all the listings have a overkill set of requirements

bonus round: where can i take my thinkpad to read and work on my studies? my dirty room is full of distractions and i like to drive around and pretend to be a functioning member of society, as well as get some fresh air

Attached: 1359433196107.jpg (1680x1050, 585K)

Your local coffee shop or library. I've spent most of my studies in cafes.

Same. I work for municipal gov. and made it up to senior level IT purely on my ability to delegate and talk my way out/around problems.

I defy you to find me a single jr sysadmin position that mentions anything about machine learning.

enjoy staying the 13k/year reboot debian sysadmin till you get replaced by a a machine and have no other competence left. I got the cs degree cause I wanted to, not because you won't get a job otherwise, but it gives you every fundamental in math and cs theory so you can pretty much understand everything you'll need and not limit yourself to a one task job in a always changing env. Spotted the actual neets/no degree desperate code monkeys. I never said he needs all that to get a job, I listed what he should do to get initial knowledge and where to move after he gets the first job, in order to survive in the field and keep an always learning mentality. Over qualification is just a meme to mask actual incompetence, probably they told you so and you felt proud, imagine being that retarded.

>sperging this hard to salvage a shitpost
Enjoy your tendies bro.