Purism got a (((courtesy request))) from jewtel to stop

> Purism has been working on reverse-engineering the Intel Firmware Support Package (FSP) module but it looks like that work may have taken a turn.
> A Phoronix reader tipped us off this morning that the Intel FSP reverse-engineering information made public by Purism has now been retracted. The past several months Purism has been working on reverse-engineering the Intel FSP to free the system further to run on only open-source code rather than still having the Intel binary-only module paired with Coreboot. Their big focus this year has been on figuring out the actual silicon initialization code inside the FSP. Purism's Youness Alaoui was very close to finding out this information at the start of April and he wrote a lengthy blog post outlining his reverse-engineering work.
> But as we were informed this morning by a sharp-eyed reader, that post has now been removed:
>> 2018-04-23 update: after receiving a courtesy request from Intel’s Director of Software Infrastructure, we have decided to remove this post’s technical contents while we investigate our options.
> That same individual also pointed out the repository where they had been working on their FSP code has also been taken offline. That's about all we know for now, but will update if/when we hear more.
Article: phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Purism-FSP-RE-Disappear
Archived sites taken from the forum comments: web.archive.org/web/20180421130723/https://code.puri.sm/kakaroto/FSP/src/master/fsp_m_init.c
web.archive.org/web/20180421130722/https://code.puri.sm/kakaroto/FSP/src/master/fsp_m.c
web.archive.org/web/20180421130720/https://code.puri.sm/kakaroto/FSP/src/master/fsp_common.c
web.archive.org/web/20180421130730/https://code.puri.sm/kakaroto/FSP
web.archive.org/web/20180407232908/https://puri.sm/posts/intel-fsp-reverse-engineering-finding-the-real-entry-point/

Attached: terry_davis.jpg (1232x1040, 183K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.xyz/p?q=SVdOeFQ
anonfile.com/04o508ebbb/FSP.zip
kakaroto.homelinux.net/2017/11/introduction-to-reverse-engineering-and-assembly/
libreboot.org/faq.html#amd
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Millennium_Copyright_Act
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hope he doesn't die.
I want that Librem5 phone.

I didn't expect anything else from (((them)))

Fuck Jewtel I hope Iran really has nukes so that Hitler's dream can finally be fulfilled

Well librem 5 has nothing to do with intel.
They just released a blog post about the UI and it seems like it will be a 2:1 screen. From the pics they showed it seems like they will just use adaptive gnome apps.
Plus no simplistic design(or at least optional because of the way linux theming works) so that's a plus for me.

Attached: l5-shell-18-9.jpg (1920x800, 216K)

I'm not sure what else that guy did.

In any case, I wish the project good. Once they do a proper AMD based laptop with coreboot, I'm buying one.

I just wish there was anything but shitty Thinkpad that had ability to set charge thresholds.

Wait, does intel seriously have a history of killing people who do stuff like this?

Not that guy but they definitely could bury them in court with all their money.
Because the intel CPUs used on the laptops are rather new if they found a way to libreboot the entire thing the findings could definitely be used on a wide variety of servers,laptops,desktops probably from previous generations too

What would that mean for Intel?

They can't sell us out to government agencies and thus won't make as much money.

I hate big tech companies and their lawyers, they're like annoying fags ruining progress.

Rip in piss FOSS machines

Isn't purism a meme?

No libre projects recommend them

Wow that sucks, looks like we'll be using core 2 duo thinkpads with libreboot until the end of times.

>pay intel
>so they can tell you what you can and cannont run on your processor
thisbis why we need free software and hardware

that's not even the point of this discussion.

Most of the money when buying their products goes to finding ways to liberate their machines.
This means that you buy a machine now which has disabled ME and a mostly open bios which will later(assuming no one fucks with the project) get libreboot through a firmware update

what possible legal standing does jewtl have for this?
if you own the hardware you should be legally within your rights to install or remove whatever software you please?

>They got rid of CD/DVD
Does Terry prefer his media to come on discs like I do?

Trials are expensive
Now ask yourself which one has more than a billion dollars.

>Purism
>"We were just pretending to care about freedom!"

copyright infringement or attack on brand image sort of stuff

it's all over now

Are you retarded?

>you now recall when dell offered laptops with intel me truly disabled, but discontinued the "mistake" immediately when they found normal people were buying them
Why don't these companies want consumers to have open hardware?

I have all their research archived. Brb, blackmailing intel until they gibs me dat or I will dump everything here.

Cashed files from google
pastebin.xyz/p?q=SVdOeFQ

damn hes woke as hell. thats exactly their plan. but worse because technology is just a tool they are hijacking to execute their plan.

nah man, dump it

Complete code and article, spread like cancer
anonfile.com/04o508ebbb/FSP.zip

And a ...very similar post on his blog from 2017

kakaroto.homelinux.net/2017/11/introduction-to-reverse-engineering-and-assembly/

Someone make dem torrent and upload to Archive.org

>gnome
garbage

Ubports and kde mobile are also available

Really, you should call it GTK instead. Gnome is garbage but XFCE is not...nor is Watefox, which uses a GTK UI.

>gnome on phone
YES PLEASE

Seems like his head was about to be on a platter.

That site gave my browser cancer. Reup somewhere else.

Mossad does, and Intel has a major office in Tel Aviv.

uBlock nigger

Looks like I just needed to force a filter list update.

Repo name is kakaroto, isn't that same guy who jailbroke the ps3 in ~2010?
Do you have any idea of where I can find the missing files from the repo?
fsp.h
fsp_m_pei.c
fsp_utils.c

Anonfile link above or google cache

Saw it after posting. Thanks, sorry.

Now because of the Streisand effect there will be more people looking at this, thanks Intel!

Someone should share it with the me_cleaner guys in an issue or something...FSP is different but they are geared in this direction.

Can someone help me with me cleaner. Like idk wtf im doing.

Read and read...some more...you'll fuck your system if you don't know what you're doing, or how to recover.

I have a button on motherboard that "reflashes" BIOS or firmware whatever. So not super worried about brick. I just dont know what I am doing, and if just getting a ryzen would be better. I already use veracrypt in hos mode. :)

Asus hero viii

Money not so much issue. Can drop a grand on a motherboard + cpu if it is better than cleaning me would ever be.

I would be like..
Oh no I have to buy a upgrade to the i5 6600k oh no, ;)

Ryzen has AMD PSP and there is no psp cleaner yet, you should get a pre 2013 AMD processor.

That means you have two bios chips, usually both have to be flashed and then you're fucked if you don't have a second pc and a programmer. The CH341A for $9-12 on amazon works.

Beyond that you have to ensure your chip and mobo are supported. Removing ME on a windows machine is pointless because windows is windows...and if you have the ME driver installed it can/will reflash the ME if it's corrupted/missing.

Thats kinda badass.... :( fuck I am wangblows for games.

unironically u can blame the whole le nonymoose thing

Linux with KVM VM and GPU passthrough for games that won't run under wine or native.

NSA/CIA/the Jews

Thats actually a good fucking idea. Thanks. I will plan to do this soon. :)

but idk how to use linux. Ill try debian becasue they care about not putting the propriatary things inside ur comp.

lmfao how fucked are we when windows update reflashes bios in case you dont have enough spyware

Install gentoo

bro I dont know HOW to use linux. Let alone compile one from basically nothing. COme on. I just dont trust ubunut, I dont think they have my best interests at heard. Linux mint seems better since its based on arch, but debian is a known entitiy that has been around forever.

>Linux mint seems better since its based on arch
Mint is based on Debian and Ubuntu

The point of "install Gentoo" is to learn by doing.

Na, I think they switched to arch. I like how linux mint is illegal in america. (DVD codecs) Thats a good sign.
I would get frustrated and just give up. I am not a patient person. Unless it isnt as hard as I think it is. I tried to install gentoo twice, and failed both times. Tried for 5 hrs.

In that case, try meditation.

That looks sexy as fucjk

So will this essentially run anything that can be used on a GNU/Linux system? If so, that's very enticing.

try adderall

>needing a secondary GPU to do this
no way, fag. especially with the current GPU prices.

Bro I have dual 1080s and money not an issue. Time is. I dont have more than a few hours to work on this. I could do maybe 4 at once to get this setup. Im technically at work, but just have to sit here.

What is more trustworthy

me_cleanered intel w/ gnu+linux debian
amd ryzen 2 w/ gnu+linux debian

It -is- a GNU/Linux system. It's probably based on Debian.

Can purism be trusted? Its US based...

and librem5 is us based...................

>first they ignore you
>then they laugh at you
>then they fight you
>then you cave and pull down the repos

This was doomed to fail
Just stop buying Intel's shit
Buy ARM processors with open source microcode
Build RISC-V processors
If everyone listened to Stallman
Intel would have gone bankrupt after AMT/ME
And they would have promptly removed that shit
Just stop buying their damn hardware
Build competing hardware if you have to
The fact this is newsworthy means
there's an untapped market of nerds
who want trustworthy hardware

they're too stupid for this
they run wangblows
they currently buy hardware new
with known defective meltdown/spectre issues
defective out of the box
they can't be saved

Welp, switching all my shit to AMD or RISC platforms now. Pity that SPARC laptops couldn't keep up.

>AMD
libreboot.org/faq.html#amd

Talos II

>what is masterkey, ryzenfall

The first one until they find a way to remove amd psp.

I feel like windows is made by two companies. The first company is the windows we know and love. The one were you get error messages, and google an obscure solution and if it doesnt work you reinstall. And then the one were their telemetry tools work perfect every time, throw zero user facing errors, and autocorrect if they arnt 100% onpoint.

It'll have to be compiled for whatever architecture they choose, but essentially yes

Ill take KVM for $200
What is qemu?

You tell me :))))))

CTS labs still didn't use Masterkey and Ryzenfall for good huh

I hope it "leaks"

>courtesy request from Intel’s Director of Software Infrastructure
Time to report all the shill threads on Jow Forums as payback.

Attached: gmods.jpg (1150x1200, 333K)

The CEO could murder him in broad daylight and get away with it. Remember O J Simpson?

In the USA, all of them. Courts rule all the time in favor of companies and copyright holders. Proprietary software can be illegal to disassemble or reverse-engineer depending on the license.

In Europe they would be fucked since it's been ruled over and over again that consumer own the products they buy and they can change the software they're running.

They can jail you for Jailbreaking an iPhone or reverse engineering Adobe Reader in the USA. 'Murrica: land of the free.

First of all, most consumer products come with EME disabled (that is, EME still runs because the CPU it to initialize, but it doesn't run the network modules and shit.)

Second of all, Dell discontinued that line because nobody bought them.

Purism's products aren't truly libre. They also are direct competition for the Minifree store.

>big eyed
Terry Davis hates anime.

>arrested for jailbreaking iPhone
No they can't dipshit. A revision to the DMCA in 2010 makes it legal.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Millennium_Copyright_Act

Attached: Screenshot_20180512-121219.png (1440x2560, 392K)

The jews always win. That's why Intel is too big to fail even when they sell literal botnet AIDS to people.

Jews must be gassed

minfree is run by trans fags if i recall, screw them

Nothing wrong with tranny-written software.
It's not like you have to fuck them.

This. Iran was our only hope and you burgers fucked it up.