Youtubers are starting to put ads IN the video, what are we going to do next?

youtubers are starting to put ads IN the video, what are we going to do next?
make Extensions that skip the ad part?
with ai maybe

Attached: 1525012615331.jpg (780x960, 66K)

watch a different youtuber

how about stop watching vapid youtubers?

all of them do this, small good youtubers need to do this to survive
just had a REALLY good creator make his video 1/3 ad .. wtf
and big youtubers will do this go get extra money

Download the video, edit it to cut the ad part, upload the edited video to d.tube and bitchute. Make everyone who cares switch to those 2 services. Problem solved.

do something with your life instead of going to jewish websites
I haven't been to nosetube in years

>this video is sponsored by Audible
>this video is sponsored by Skillshare
>>this video is sponsored by Brilliant.org
>this video is sponsored by Dbrand
>this video is sponsored by Dollar Shave Club
>this video is sponsored by Tunnelbear
>this video is sponsored by Mozilla
will this ride ever end?

Attached: 1508802917556.jpg (499x445, 103K)

Use your fucking brain and skip past the ad yourself you retard.

Stop paying attention to it and stop talking about the companies doing it. That's the only way to combat ads.

>all of them do this
I said, how about you stop watching vapid youtubers?

Attached: 1517189330181.jpg (392x309, 141K)

An extension that blocks ads. If only something existed.

Attached: 1525799739527.jpg (1242x1135, 887K)

Not that kind of ads

1. Why do you care?
2. The only other option for quality is a subscription model.

Isn't this a good thing? If the ads are just video being streamed, and not third party scripts being shoved onto your computer, there's fewer vectors for malicious code to wreak havok on your system.

Stop with your autistic hatred of advertisements? Just fast forward or skip through the advertisement on your own.

It's actually a good way to distinguish those who use "malware" as a genuine reason to block ads, and those who just use it as a genuine excuse.

Having said that, personally I make no excuses. I hate ads in all shapes and forms (not for idealogical reasons, but simply because they annoy me and/or interfere with accessing the content I want) and will continue to use any reasonable technical means available to get rid of them.

Isn't this just something in response to "demonitization" by google?

>scroll down to the top post
>it's a dude with a timestamp that skips the ad
>click it
>???
>you're a faggot

Here's a groundbreaking idea....maybe fastforward the video?

it's not their fault, it's youtube randomly demonetizing shit

This. Just stop watching youtube. I get that these people need money to spend all their time making video content but they need to find a way to get paid directly from fans instead of paid by corporate sponsors.

Blocking ads should be illegal. As a Youtube content creator with a fair amount of subscribers it just feels like I'm being robbed of my revenue. If you are using an adblocker please stop watching videos you entitled pricks.

No, YOU find an actual job.

>my business model doesn't work
>THE ENTIRE WORLD SHOULD WARP TO MAKE MY SHITTY BUSINESS MODEL WORK!

That pic is heavy my dude.

However, may I propose that you do not watch cancerous youtubers? Or is that too much to ask? Fuck you.

Attached: 213485_Wayne-Gretzky-Hockey__00.jpg (640x640, 49K)

Stop using youtube and relying on advertisements and sell your videos directly to your viewers instead :)

Don't many of them also use something like patreon?

Don't forget to like, follow, and subscribe!

>it's not their fault, it's youtube randomly demonetizing shit
No it's not, dickwad. They're doing it in an attempt to circumvent adblockers.

Get a job faggit

Sorry DeShawn, you aint gettin out of the ghetto so easy.

skip forward thirty seconds
thank me later

This image gets updated every year and I still don't change my ways

Attached: 69_800.png (800x460, 22K)

Making Youtube videos is a real job. Get with the times grandpa.
I'm not a black guy and I don't live in a ghetto.
That would cost my audience actual money.
Adblockers fucked up everyone's business model, not just mine.

The only good thing is that their ads are way shorter and less stupid than TV ads. Most of them are related to the channel too.

On top of that you can just skip

Okay. Will you compensate me for damages if I get malware from an ad? If the answer is anything other than "yes", then explain to me why advertising methods that risk damage to my property shouldn't be illegal.

>21
>Grandpa
???

But honestly though if you seek to gain money from barely relevant web content just set up a patreon or any other donation/request box of the sort. If you're actually doing a good job, you will get paid.

Attached: 1526107424948.gif (640x360, 439K)

What's your channel? I'll drop by and give some Adblock-free views when I have time

I actually don't have one I'm just shitposting because I'm bored at work.

>small good youtubers need to do this to survive
it's almost as if making a living off youtube was a bad idea

This has been the norm with russian youtubers for awhile. You're having a good ol' time and suddenly all that energy leaves the room and they start talking about sports betting websites or cryptoscam websites...

Attached: index.jpg (294x171, 9K)

>Hey, let me tell you about MOBILE GAME!
>skip two minutes ahead
>I LOVE LEVELING UP MY HOBGOBLIN TO
>skip another minute ahead
>ANYWAY, THIS IS HOW YOU INSERT A CATHADER.

based milennials

Catheter.

You can just skip through that part of the video.

Thank you, nurse.

I actually don't mind this because it's embedded in the video and can thus 1) be skipped, and 2) no javascript AIDS and third-party domains requiring content blocker.

Any other life achievements you want to share with us?

nice plug faggot. is there an ad blocker i can get to shut you up?

Kys

then show your disapproval and stop giving them your views

you have capitalism, you have free market, just fucking STOP SUPPORTING SHIT YOU DON'T LIKE, if everyone adhered to this simple as fuck rule then companies like Apple would stop existing and we'd be back to having a varied market, but no, let's be brand loyalists, let's buy garbage just to show off because muh iphone status symbol, let's keep supporting GARBAGE because you're too weak to move the fuck on and find another product, better be the product yourself right?

this society is absolute garbage, you have other options, you can just find another channel to watch, you can read about it instead, buy some magazines that are relevant to your interests, but no, better keep watching some shit channel and cry about how shit it is on Jow Forums while still supporting it with your views and attention, fucking retard

u mad
u right, but man, u mad

just skip ahead in the video?
if it's made to be obnoxious why are you watching the content?

How about stop watching? It's a free market.
As a bonus, Youtube's 6 billion tracking scripts will actually record you as you stop watching there and upload this information to google, where they will act on it.

He seems to more be mad at youtube and the internet in general than you though.

that doesn't even make sense my dude

This, it's 100% effective

>As a bonus, Youtube's 6 billion tracking scripts will actually record you as you stop watching there and upload this information to google, where they will act on it.
"hmm the user exited the video when we played the ad at the start, we should put the ad half way through the video so the user is invested in watching to the end"
the free as in free market

>hmm users still stop watching when they see the ad, let's deliver ads besides the video

Machine learning ad blockers

machine learning ads

with bitcoin miners in them

AYAMO FOOOUUUULEEEEE
AYAMO FEEEYYYYLEEEEEE
AYAMO DROWNEEE
HELP ME TO BREAAATHEEE

>what are we going to do next
Start paying people so they don't need the botnet to collect their shekels. The botnet exists because people (i.e. sper/g/s) won't pay for the things they consume.

Almost all of the really good creators don't do youtube as a job.

Isn't it against tos to use youtube to sell ads videos? I mean you need to make some partnership or whatever in order to do this? Small jewtubers now can't even monetize their vids with standard ads.

>this video is sponsored by Mozilla
Hey that's pretty cool.

>ads IN the video
jay2scents always did it

either press 1 or 2
or write a user script to add &t=30s after the video id

>Making Youtube videos is a real job.

Well, then stop whining like a pussy and start working. If it were a real job that is worth existing then you shouldn't be trying to limit the freedom of your "customers" in order to secure income. If your shit is really worth anything you shouldn't even be worrying about it.

Clearly your product is a meme and you can be out of business any minute.

just skip forward until the shut up about their shill shit.
also theyve always done this. Its like youve never watched linux tervlords tech tips channel

sigh up for youtube red

Attached: 1459448655580.jpg (986x1008, 136K)

>please please please help me legitimize my Jow Forums containment youtube

people using adblockers are breaking the law you should unironically call the police

Tv is full of ads, how's that different from youtube?

>do something with your life instead of going to blah blah blah

>Posts on Jow Forums

Attached: 1511611681300.png (720x658, 363K)

If you see gun youtubers do it then it is most definite.

The only acceptable way of having these ads is like this

>video starts
This video is sponsored by ... (takes like 3 seconds)
>video plays through to the end
Thanks to our sponsor... (takes however long because I already closed the tab)

The worst shit is when you have autoplay on and one of those 2 hours ads come on like who is even paying for a 2 hour youtube ad?? what the fuck is that shit

I dont block ads from youtubers i like. Your channel?

Attached: 25660069_10156961721683082_7239455691775283883_n.jpg (750x781, 61K)

Can i download that from the app store?

Nice cringepost.

I just stop watching twitch/youtube when i see in-video adds that can't be blocked. Its not worth it for some mediocre content.

Attached: 1525622183848.jpg (600x600, 59K)

The reason youre not actually worth much along with painters and photographers, is that many people want to do it. Jobs are things that are difficult that people generally don't want to do. Yeah, i'd love to sit around strumming guitar and doing watercolors, but if i want a payday i go sit my ass in an office and suffer.

tl;dr get a real job

Attached: badfeels.jpg (469x480, 17K)

>Adblockers fucked up everyone's business model, not just mine.
that's a good thing

Attached: 1512550111976.gif (300x297, 965K)

We need an addon that can automatically skip parts of the video, and then collaboratively create a database of in-video ads.
I think I'll start working on the logo right away.

At least he makes them funny.

>Adblockers fucked up everyone's business model, not just mine.

Attached: 1374344770102.jpg (588x647, 109K)

Just manually scrub over it. I do hate it in podcasts while I'm driving though.
Also
>lmao at people salty professional entertainers make money.

I'll just stop watching them. Actually can't wait they start doing that en masse -- I have fuckton of books to read.

>professional entertainers

Attached: 1428164584423.jpg (3840x2160, 584K)

I actually think this is 100% fair and reasonable. I would still keep doing this, like I do other forms of piracy, but making it normalfag friendly was a mistake.

Do you know what the term is for someone who entertains as their primary source of income?

Yes, retards without skills.

anything on YT is basically that

>imagine being this mad online

I think it's better than unskippable ads and/or youtube deciding your favorite channel shouldn't be financially supported for dumbshit reasons

This desu.

>ads on page
>ads in videos
>ads on your fucking desktop
and it's only ever going to get worse

Attached: 1506301862637.jpg (720x478, 77K)

If something as simple as an adblock removes your entire business model, perhaps you should theorize a new model.

Attached: download.jpg (800x882, 90K)

You forgot Private internet access

yo mozilla employee

I don't actually mind, because at least these are instantly skippable. Besides, they're usually just short and sweet at the beginning.
>this video is sponsered by Dollar Shave Club, a good shave at a quarter the price
If that's long enough to trigger your autism, I think you need medication.

>LTT has an ad at the beginning and end of their videos
>just double tap the youtube app to perfectly skip the beginning ad and stop watching when he starts the ending ad
>he starts putting ads in the middle of the video that are not as easy to skip

I get that he has to pay his 20 asian employees but come the fuck on