A team of designers were probably paid an entire salary to come up with new design concepts for this and this is what...

A team of designers were probably paid an entire salary to come up with new design concepts for this and this is what they ultimately went with?

This is why developers hate designers.

Attached: BestbuyNewlogo.jpg (780x439, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

goldennumber.net/wp-content/uploads/pepsi-arnell-021109.pdf
jimedwardsnrx.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/pepsi_gravitational_field.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

way more memorable dseu

It looks like some Windows stock font and a price tag was attached to it for no reason. The new logo is shit and makes no practical sense. Also, it's going to look God awful on a shirt or as advertising on the side of a van. Logos need to look good on products.

Their original logo worked. In my old job, I had to argue with designers fucking constantly over stupid fucking designs like this.

pic related did cost 150k

Attached: duesseldorf_535[1].jpg (535x250, 16K)

I will never understand ""art""

This cost Pepsi $1,000,000.

Attached: pepsilogo.jpg (340x255, 11K)

>entire salary
They most likely spent $50 million dollars to a consultancy company and were fed a 60 page delusional spiel on why their new logo is going to change the world and make customers cream their pants or whatever.
Here's the design rationale for the pepsi logo redesign:
goldennumber.net/wp-content/uploads/pepsi-arnell-021109.pdf

Attached: sparkle sparkle.png (418x385, 55K)

My old boss was into this re-design and brand management shit. Looking through this PDF is giving me PTSD and flash backs. I got a several hour lecture once for asking "what the fuck is a Chief Branding Officer (CBO)?"

Attached: seamonkey-logo.png (550x556, 141K)

This is all money laundering powers that be shit, right?
There's no way anyone can justify spending millions to change your logo to unstyled plain text that anyone can do in 5 minutes of adobe illustrator.

Fully justified.
jimedwardsnrx.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/pepsi_gravitational_field.pdf

Why do logos keep getting less detailed? Is it possible to go beyond the flat meme?

This shit will never get old.

>:D
>:βΈ§

If you think the logo is ugly, look at bestbuy.com, the blue fucking burns my eyes.

Flat isn't a meme though. All designs start out as sillhouettes because they need to be recognisible in a mono colour.

not everyone has the patrician taste of the open source community's designers

Attached: ninja OS current year actual website.png (1040x561, 245K)

The tag isn't even a part of the logo, its some bullshit thing hanging off the side. Completely out of place.

This is a satire right?

>This is why developers hate designers.
Hey dude take my PhotoShop/illustrator file and transform to website or app.
>design to real layout app or website is fucking hell.
>design consume massive RAM or need download dozens MB.

Design become web developer and use dozens js libraries to most basic stuff,write or copy/paste horrible code,shitty HTML,no sense js,upload massive photo no decent compression to front page design, use O(n^2) algortihms to refresh or update webpage making slow i7 machine.

Still complains developer,say programming is easy and lack creativity and get pay too much.

If the works of Fluent Design and Material Refresh show anything, the new idea is to add more detail and depth to flat ideas

Ridiculous cost, but am I the only one who likes the new one more in that case? The old logo looks too symmetrical, like it was designed by committee.

the only good ux designer is a multitalent

I like the old one, it's nostalgic I guess, but it just looks classic. The new one looks like the fat belly of a guy thats hanging out between his shirt and jeans

>The new one looks like the fat belly of a guy thats hanging out between his shirt and jeans
That... sounds like projection, user.
In all seriousness though, I don't see it at all.

how new are you, faggot? this was all over the internet in 09

Attached: pepsifat.jpg (474x364, 12K)

But I don't see it in the original, only the edit.

I remember noticing this years ago

They're paid to have taste so you don't have to. Let the professionals do their job, poindexter.

Wreaks of google and mainstreaminess

Should have stuck with the timeless one

That must be a fun job, just make something and then work backwards to justify it and see if it sticks

Logos have to work in many formats now.
Including tiny favicons, app icons, and monocolor icons.

It's the reason Formula 1 changes its logo - pic related just doesn't work when you shrink it.

Attached: f1-logo-oud-392941.jpg (750x435, 43K)

I don't follow formula 1, but that logo is really good.
So good, that if you change it to just saying F1 in comic sans, you ruin it.
But designers probably know best so that is what they do.

This is the new logo.

Apparently designers know best....

Attached: f1-novo-logo-crop-1511709470-1170x400.jpg (1170x400, 14K)

Has there ever been an instance where a company has some kind of ugly logo/design change and actually rolled it back because of user backlash?

I remember Fark.com change their design and I instantly dropped the site. Reddit seems to want to commit suicide by forcing their new design too.

Bestbuy will be dead in 5 years anyways.

This better be fake or else I've lost all hope for society.

>The day Jow Forums became /gd/

> This is why developers hate designers.
everyone should hate designers