There are people on Jow Forums right now who haven't made > 100k a year

>There are people on Jow Forums right now who haven't made > 100k a year

What's wrong Jow Forums, are those C/Lisp skills not working out for you?

Attached: that-moment-when-you-realize-that-you-are-too-dumb-for-your-dream-job-crying-meme.jpg (735x637, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/qua-lang/qua-vm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>CS instead of Engineering or Finance
Dun goofed.

idiot

I'm living in eastern European shithole.
Is it easy to move to USA from Europe?
Would Canada be good enough for programmer to make decent amount of money?

only chinks and indians are hired now for E.E jobs.

I make twice that writing JS. Feels good to not fall for the unemployed C programmer meme.

I don't want to do my hobby as an occupation.

lol why you just don't admit you sucks?

I can only get paid that if I lived in a high cost of living place.

Just make your own company.

Because there's no reason to admit it.

So where are you working now? Name the actual company please, unless it's so small that you could be identified. What is your job title? What are your responsibilities? Which technologies do you use most frequently? What was your total gross income in the tax year 2017-18?

>TFW got a raise from 65k to 70k
Is it time to jump ship?

I'm a "student", I've not been sober for maybe a month, the fuck are you guys doing not living from meme funds?

I went from 140 to 145k this year.

>tfw workng as an html/css/js codemankey at 27

Just kill me now dude, what the fuck is wrong with me.

Attached: 1523232705689.jpg (960x960, 79K)

How many years of experience? That was my 2 year at my very first programming job.

You have a better job than 99% of the world, stop complaining and be happy with what you have. Work to improve your skillset (in your own time if necessary) and look for new positions.

>making 150k year as a front end dev
It deeply embarrassing

>the "you should be happy because you have more than street shitters" meme

Most front end devs don't come close to that. The vast vast majority will never see that kind of pay.

>implying skills are required for jobs
It's literally whom you know. I know dudes who're dumb as bricks whom their employer keeps on payroll for well over 100k, yet they do nothing exceptional and contribute nothing more than the bare minimum. I also know people who possess incredible talent, but are paid peanuts for their efforts but will never go anywhere because, well, it doesn't matter how talented you are but who can vouch for you.

I'm sorry, but if you have introverted friends who are sheepish about sticking up for you, welcome to the eternal minimum wage. Your talents will remain unused, and you'll remain paid to do entry level work forever. If you have extroverted friends who are already important somewhere, and they're willing to stick up for you, congrats, you just got accepted into the club. If you're extroverted, are handsome, and have a genuine talent for things, you are now that friend who saved you and now you get to pick and choose whom you will save and whom you will condemn from and to an eternal hell of contract labour and minimum wage.

>t-that's not how it works
Grow up. Half of Jow Forums thinks that they actually need degrees to do programming. You don't. If you make an even vaguely popular app for iOS then you stick that on your resume and now you're a programmer. Now you're qualified, and all you need are references.

I'm a fucking fullstack dev and I make 70k

Please clarify your viewpoint a little more. When exactly /should/ he be happy? When he makes $100k/year? When he has his "dream" job? What if his interests change over the years and his dream job slowly becomes a nightmare?

I'm sure you're familiar with the concept of relative poverty. If you're a fulltime western webdev, you're comfortably middle class. Money is pretty much not an issue except for the biggest ticket and extreme luxuries. Why is this not enough to be happy? Does he need to be a billionaire who owns ten vacation homes and as many Ferraris?

I wanted to be an Electrical Engineer and I realized I'm a brainlet for math and physics, I'm so bad at it that I even failed the courses at the technical school because I'm so bad at math.

>there are people in this thread whose entire measure of happiness and success is the size of their paycheck
That's quite sad, really. I hope you find something meaningful in your lives soon.

>I could do what I enjoy doing for lots of money
>but I'd rather do something I hate doing for money

im a fullstack dev with 4 years of experience and I make 118k.

Doing something you like day in and day out for a paycheck for some people can lead to it becoming boring.
I enjoy doing it in my spare time, as a hobby. It's not that I hate what I do for a living, it's just not something I want to spend my spare time doing, and that's the difference.

Coll shit is coming to js if you know where to look for it.
github.com/qua-lang/qua-vm

I wasted nearly a decade with this mindset

You're going to be working for the rest of your life, it only makes sense to do it what you care about

Serious question. I get paid 44k BEFORE taxes as fullstack-dev (Angular and SpringBoot) with 1.5 years of experience. I live in Germany. What can I do to improve the situation?

Get into all that Machine Learning craze and learn Tensorflow? Specialize in Security by making some certificates and switching to a security consultancy?

If you're in SF or SV you will

That's why I got a new hobby. Programming was fun but not anymore.

Canada has had stagnant wages for the better part of two decades. If you want to make cash you go stateside.

It's not just who you know. If you want to work at a top tier startup or tech company, you better believe they're going to give you at least 1 coding test, but probably 2-3.

i don't even make a tenth of that
the curse of being a beta male

Been doin this shit for 15 years now. The great thing about working in the technology sector is that it reinvents itself every 3/5 years my dude. Great big thing right now is PCF/CF/BOSH stuff for cloud scaling. 2010 it was Heroku, 2005 it was virtualizing everything. Can't get bored doing the same thing when shit changes every fucking year. And this is just IT/DevOps stuff. Nevermind the jumps from Java -> Ruby -> and now Golang for everything.

>tfw not working at 28

i dont know when i was growing up i started doing every course i could given the money i was earning
but then i realise that indeed i will never work on IT as a main job at all
instead i focused on working on a decent it work that could feed my other dream
i eventually got a master diver certificate from padi and i know work for a multibillion dollar company that focuses on salvage diving
we get 30 to 70k per job and a job spans from at least 5 months to the maximum so far(that i know of) of 1.5 years
for me to find such a job on the IT enviroment its equal as to find a unicorn

Could be worse. My roommate in college made it to his third year before he repeatedly bombed his way out of engineering and he was a seriously diligent guy. I kept in touch with him for a few years after but he became clinical depression incarnate. I had a hard time finding a job right out of engineering school myself but his example motivates me to this day. I've got a literal face of "I'm dead inside," burned into my brain. Poor bastard just didn't have the genes to do what his work ethic wanted.

I guess. I'm a carpenter by day and do mobile app development on weekends. I still find both enjoyable. You can burn out on anything, paid or not. It's usually just a question of doing anything too much. If your job that you enjoy is becoming painful you probably just need to dial back your hours or use vacation time.

Just get good and go to a better company that pays more. Branch out into some node shit, seems right up your alley.

I make >100k
In the Bay Area....
I need to leave ASAP

I'm lucky if I manage to make 6k a year. It's a fucking hell trying to provide for my family.

I'll get there Jow Forumssempai just gotta get the courage to leave my house. It's getting easier lately. Needs more CBTs.

I'm an europoor making 28k€/year after takes and I bet at the end of the year I save more cash than you >100k fags in silicon valley

Attached: 1349007605321.jpg (640x480, 39K)

100k is a meaningless number. If you live in SF, NYC, or London that makes you a peasant living in a college dorm tier cuckshed or your commute is long enough to watch a few movies.

100k is only decent if your job is in a non-yuppie area.

I make 72k a year doing night shift help desk. Over a 10 hour shift I take anywhere between 3 to 7 calls most nights, otherwise I usually sleep or play video games on my laptop.

I might not be earning as much as you but at least I'm having fun at my job and barely have to work for it.

>tfw not working at 29
At least I'm in first place at something ITT

Attached: 1470079184489.jpg (320x240, 13K)

I have no friends so I wound up being a neet. fuck this gay earth

Attached: 1518683814244.jpg (428x524, 70K)

> annual income
> commute time
> rent
> size of residence in sqft/sqm
Need at least this much information desu

Add weekly hours worked