What stage are you at?

What stage are you at?

Attached: Ascended.png (857x1871, 1.54M)

OpenBSD
True enlightenment.

i went from gentoo to debian, did i fuck up

Will be stuck on the Arch stage until I get a Ryzen

>linux

nah, you experienced gentoo and its installation/maintenance. You're just taking a breather. Like when you leveled up much in a game but then go back to the noobie arena to see how much better you've become. If you want to go further you must try LFS.

Attached: lfs-logo.png (192x75, 16K)

Gentoo.
I like his tech tips channel.

>(((Bible)))
Do you have to be so incredibly dumb to follow this jewish book that your mind collapses in on itself and absorbs the intelligence of everything around you creating a dense super brain?

Attached: terryside.png (548x596, 417K)

do you glow in the dark?

ubuntu -> debian -> arch (sucked) -> alpine currently -> making a lfs system in my spare time

woah you're so cool haha

I went from Gentoo to Windows 10, you're doin' alright.

Debian should be two stages. One for "Hey its Ubuntu but not handholdy" and a 2nd for "I've tried so many and nothing compares"

>What stage are you at?
Let's not waste time, Windows is ok.

swap the entire first and last set and you'd have a correct picture

Attached: -.png (857x2200, 1.66M)

kek

My history was like this:

>Started with Mandrake
>Switched to slackware
>Then gentoo
>Then 1 year with LFS and BLFS until but one tried to get freecard working I give up
>Tried to go back slackware but was kind of dead
>Found Archlinux

Now I am happy.

only a lamer kid won't see the fact that the basic gentoo's stage, the minimal arch install and LFS are the same shit

/thread.

the unabomber was unarguably right in every single way

FreeBSD. I love that there is finally a linux company taking a stance against bigotry.

>distro hopping
Very dumb, desu.
On Debian Sid with experimental for the last 6 years now. Thank you Jow Forums, m$ is the worst.

*tips fedora

Gentoo of course.

For any real work I have a ThinkPad X230 with a 9-cell battery, a 512GB SSD, and 12GB of RAM running Ubuntu 18.04 with Gnome. It unironically just works if you have enough spare RAM to handle the insane amount of bloat. I can run all of the basic tools I need for day to day use, such as Open Office, Firefox, Sublime Text, Android Studio, Telegram, Clementine, etc. Literally perfect for someone like me who doesn't care about video games.

For testing out my applications I have virtual machines under QEmu to run literally any OS I want, from Windows 7/10 to OS X High Sierra to test apps. I can even emulate ARM to run Android.

>Not knowing who Terry A Davis is

"It's a pseudo random language generator, so it's essentially speaking in tongues"

Arch but not autistic enough to actually to actually run Arch so I stick to Manjaro instead

Started mint
Went to Debian
Then opensuse
Then Arch
Currently on Debian

linux mint
then ubungu
then debian
then arch
then gentoo
then LFS
now at mint

>did i fuck up Jow Forums?

>high school use ubuntu on a brokenish laptop, leafpad for everything
>first two years of uni use debian + lxde on a working consumer grade laptop, libreoffice for documents and nano for code
>next two years of uni use mint + xfce on a thinkpad, latex for documents and jetbrains IDEs for code
>first semester of grad school debian+xfce, markdown in jupyter notebooks for documents, jupyter notebooks and vim for code
>second semester of grad school debian+i3, markdown in vim + pandoc for documents, vim for code, and spending way too much time writing autistic installation scripts, dotfiles, and reinstalling debian
and now i'm here. my summer RA contract starts a week after my spring contract ends, so I'm planning on spending a few days rewriting my autistic installation scripts for arch before jetting off for a conference, so I can impress cute linguistics girls with my sick screenfetch

The order is reversed

consider suicide

Tried out Fedora 6
>fast forward a couple of years
>some messing around with distros on laptop
Tried out Fedora 11
>fast forward to last spring
Zorin was shite
Mint convinced me that Linux might finally be practical
>Lots more experimenting
On Solus since then, and not going to do any hopping anymore without a damn good reason

Arch is retarded. No sane person would ever install that meme distro.

cygwin -> msys2 -> arch -> gentoo -> slackware

why you call yourself retard, retard

same here, but just with ubuntu, why tweaking the whole os when you can achieve the same without touching a config file.

Windows Atheist Edition.

Ubuntu christian edition

macOS buddhist edition

Attached: 30697942_440909406364840_3402941350700646400_n.jpg (359x382, 13K)

if you're not using BSD Black People Edition (TM) get the fuck outta this thread

BSD lives don't matter, nigger.

A bait to surpass metal gear

>muh gentoo
>muh follow step-by-step-toodler-guide-video on youtube on how to install it
>muh gentoo gives me brain

I bet 99.9% of anyone installed gentoo cant make a single script program to spam "hello world" ten times. Fucking brainlets

Attached: 8nRqoXW.png (800x729, 48K)

Plan9 fag

All of those are GNU/Linux Distros.

What stage are you at?

Attached: brains 2.jpg (857x1189, 275K)

basically this. Only difference is package manager, if you want systemd or not and if you prefer full binaries or compile with use flags. Other than that, same install and same principles. Rest is placebo bullshit.

Hello Archtard

the enlightened one ofcourse

Attached: 1468786277700.jpg (511x551, 219K)

All of them

Attached: 1415147306279.jpg (500x529, 45K)

Mint -> Arch -> NixOS

whent from w7, ubuntu, debian, and now im using lmde, how am i doing?

hello just wanted to let everyone know how COOL i am because i run ARCH