3 years in

>3 years in
>this is still a thing (onedrive uninstalled but still present in explorer)

wowzie...

Attached: WHY.png (165x43, 823)

Registry edit you retard.

>having to registry edit something which should have been dealt with years ago

OH NO NO NO NO

The current state of Windows is actually laughable. Problems like OP's are common and registry edits don't always solve the issues (such as with UWP apps). As you said, this shit should have been dealt with years ago. But instead Microsoft continues to ignore the mounting heap of bugs, glitches, and install/uninstall leftovers that plague the system. Honestly, I'm surprised another OS hasn't overtaken Windows market share with the litany of oversights, neglect, and lack of quality control that Microsoft has for its customers.

I mean for fuck's sake, they still have Control Panel and Settings existing side by side.

>using ltsb when you can literally rip out telemetry with msmg toolkit and use the latest features

>why are there remnants in the registry when I forcefully remove a program that wasn't meant to be removed from the OS
Hmm, really works those neurons.

Attached: 1519252687925.png (120x120, 9K)

@echo off
cls

set x86="%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe"
set x64="%SYSTEMROOT%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe"

echo Closing OneDrive process.
echo.
taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe > NUL 2>&1
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 > NUL 2>&1

echo Uninstalling OneDrive.
echo.
if exist %x64% (
%x64% /uninstall
) else (
%x86% /uninstall
)
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 > NUL 2>&1

echo Removing OneDrive leftovers.
echo.
rd "%USERPROFILE%\OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
rd "C:\OneDriveTemp" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
rd "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
rd "%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1

echo Removing OneDrive from the Explorer Side Panel.
echo.
REG DELETE "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f > NUL 2>&1
REG DELETE "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f > NUL 2>&1

pause

paste that into notepad, save as a .bat, run

faggot

>edit registry
>action is logged and sent to microsoft
>mandatory background patch resets registries
>next logon there is an ad for onedrive

yea, until the next undocumented change brings it back. This is the problem with windows 10. Every version has its own quirks and fuckups, and every feature update resets all of that shit to default.

Like, there's a documented way to turn windows updates off. I've configured the regedit setting, the setting in gpedit, turned off and disabled the service, deleted the tasks that """fix""" updates periodically, and deleted the tasks that fix those tasks. Yet still windows update runs periodically and all the tasks reinstall themselves. I've had to resort to breaking the service by having run under a guest account. I am not the only one with this issue and literally no one knows why this happens.

In other news OneDrive is back on my laptop and I haven't even run an update, so there's that. (and my office theme reset again)

>be freetard
>have a huge case of sour grapes
>make shit up to fit your agenda

Windows 7 doesn't have these problems.

I've the same problems with linux again and again. sudo apt-get autoremove program and it's still there in the default programs and the start menu but just gives an error instead of working.

the thing that turned me off of 10 was the whole MS account bullshit.
I had mine running as a local account, my nephew asks if he can log in to his xbox app on it, and suddenly the whole account belongs to my nephews outlook.com email address.

You clearly uninstalled it improperly or have a shortcut made. Once again another tech incompetent retard on Jow Forums

>Windows just werks

It uninstalls no issue. How did you fuck this up?

did you actually just use ping -n 5 as a timer? That's hilarious.

>he spent 3 years with winshit 10
...kek.

Attached: 1524760962463.jpg (357x303, 44K)

autoremove
autoremove is used to remove packages that were automatically
installed to satisfy dependencies for some package and that are no
more needed.

>ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 > NUL 2>&1

Attached: 1525033846973.jpg (994x1200, 121K)

>when services become processes and processes become services and no one knows what the hell is going on any more

>implying compulsory cloud """backup""" software scanning your drive and uploading everything for MS to hash check against cp weekly is a bug

>wasnt meant to be removed
If you include anything cloud-based that isnt meant to be removed you need to kill yourself pronto

>blaming microsoft for your lack of backbone
It's not their fault you can't tell a fucking child off

>not meant to be uninstalled

so why was it literally available to uninstall through the control panel? fucking morons talking out of their ass on this board I swear...