Is working in IT really like this?
This looks like heaven.

youtube.com/watch?v=rqX8PFcOpxA

Attached: assaddads.jpg (480x360, 36K)

>wahmen
>programming

It's actually more exaggerated than that

>open office layout

Attached: 1520577548527.jpg (845x466, 76K)

is she a soigril?

Attached: soygirl.png (1909x1073, 2.93M)

I wish, its actually really stressful for me, but I think its a combination of my autism level and the office layout. Basically I got people talking with me in the middle several times in the day, it distracts me, then I get comments on my performance...

see

>over 3 hours to get to work
why would anyone in their right mind live in california

thats San Fransisco retard not California

Something like that, but with more pointless meetings where I say the same things over and over again.

I guess she codes with her mouse
Didn't see much keyboard interaction there.

Was that a fucking mechanical desk Seiko at the end?

Probably 90% of my time is spent reading code, not actually writing it.

wouldn't that make you a proreader and not a programmer

if she doesn't get fired for recording her screen and posting it on the internet then there is no hope for the future of cybersecurity

>TWO macs workspace
>soi chai
>soiface
>IT job
yes she is

There are a crapton of videos like that with IDEs plastered wide open

what the fuck

Attached: 666.jpg (600x600, 28K)

guy on right has bigger boobs than she

strong gyno puffies in the background

>first 10 sec
fuck no

Attached: fucking balls.jpg (600x600, 96K)

Hi goyim! I'm your friendly Jew coworker!

Attached: 2354253463463.jpg (176x193, 26K)

?? It was just some made-up MyVarABC bullshit.

>only 5 seconds of video showed actual work
Sounds about right. when you're hired to hit quotas, nobody expects you to do shit

>wahman
>it's asian
Better than a white one

How could you work with those onions manlets without wanting to punch them in the face? Is this really what people in IT are like?

Sorta. I work for a military contractor, so there's hardly any pressure. I overestimate everything and eat shit all day. The CS meme is real.

nice b8 m8

No, that's what working at a San Francisco startup looks like.

My day as a network admin/engineer:
>Wake up at 6:40
>Shower, feed, shave, shit
>At work by 7:30
>Lay out day, talk with coworkers until 8
>Do work until 11:30
>1 hour lunch
>Work until 4/4:30
>Always home by 5

Attached: 1523743387687.gif (190x200, 2.56M)

I wouldn't call Patreon a startup at this point. I think working at an actual early stage startup would probably look more like hell.

>open office layout
in other words, hell

Attached: facebook.jpg (1368x1026, 260K)

Kek

>tfw you missed out on the age of cubicles

Attached: office-cubicles.jpg (849x393, 402K)

Could you bring in some cardboard+tape and make your own against those shitty desks? I imagine not

I work for a bank in a fairly open office layout but we have a cubicle dividers and sound proofed roof tiles. That looks absolute hell, how the fuck do you have a conference call?

The video is a complete meme, I work in IT and I spend my day in meetings talking about meetings, hand holding Pajeets who are supposed to be managing other Pajeets.

>ride bike to work on bike path (20 minutes)
>take a shower and change at company gym
>decide what I want to eat for free breakfast
>program, read, and go on walks
>eat free lunch
>program, read, and go on walks
>bike home or stay late and work on personal projects, post on Jow Forums, eat free dinner
Programming is comfy job.

Attached: 1520943284544.png (787x796, 151K)

True, it's got that cancerous "startup" culture though, if that makes sense.

Well that was probably the biggest waist of money, time, and sanity I have ever seen. This bitch travels 3 hours to work using multiple modes of transport because it's California and she could never afford to live where she works. She goes through all of that every day to get to a hipster bullshit open office CARRYING HER WORK LAPTOP WITH HER. I can only assume that the other people who work there do the same. On top of that because of the location I am sure that business is paying through the nose rent and utility wise. Why do they not just work from home? Do they not have internet there? This boggles my mind why someone would think this is a solvent way to run things. No wonder California is doomed.

>free
Dumb cattle.

Oh no. I am sure in a place like that you would get poor performance reports and a talking to about not being a team player and your job is in jeopardy because people don't like you.

I feel you corporate bro.

There's meeting rooms.

>sit in front of the pc for 2 minutes, type random stuff and just go back home.
wow

What industry do you work in?

We have fuck tons of meeting rooms with VC and smart whiteboards but the Pajeets lack even the the ability to launch a WebEx. I've been to Google's HQ in London and they were always complaining they didn't haven enough meeting room or huddle spaces.

It's nice.
>company can buy food in bulk for cheaper price
>can provide variety of food to choose from
>no markup like a restaurant
If I was making it myself I'd have to eat the same thing for multiple days in a row.

There's no such thing as 'free food', your management just expects and will then guilt you into working till 8 pm every night to get the project done!

>your management just expects and will then guilt you into working till 8 pm every night to get the project done!
Well it hasn't happened yet.

This really is management-specific. A lot of companies have cafeterias, it's not out of the ordinary.

Software engineering/programming isn't IT

IT infrastructure engineer here.

Keep up the good work bro, developers only end up breaking things.

>be me
>first interview for a programming position
>recruiter asks: how do you feel about unpaid overtime?
>I think its highly unethical for a salary-based position
>Im sorry, you're not the profile we're looking for
This was a very big software consultory, btw

Caltrain only goes down to gilroy, I used to take caltrain to work and it only took like 45 minutes, from san jose to redwood city.

She's doing something very wrong in her commute, even if she is going from gilroy it should only take like an hour and a half.

And even then there are a ton of jobs that are much closer and pay the same or better than going all the way into san francisco.

>heaven
no
what type of job should i get to avoid this?
i'll off myself if i have to work in a place like that
anyone in here from Poland?

With programming and scripting about 10% of your time is spent actually typing things. The rest of your time is meetings, talking issues out with coworkers, using code that already exists and then maybe optimizing and creating new code.

It doesn't cost them that much, is seen as a benefit, legit lowers your cost of living, and it helps employees get to know each other better and cooperate better as a result.

hey, he kinda looks like the dad of the hackerman from Mr. Reddit

Kid, I can tell you've never worked at any company as you clearly would know that essentially every company puts security at the very bottom of their priority list.

How about the fact that she used a regular key to get into her office and not a fob that records people entering and exiting?

I work for government and they put a really big emphasis on security and cybersecurity, I have a badge with my picture and title on it that I have to swipe to get in and if someone new is working in the NOC when I enter the datacenter for whatever reason (install a new shelf on the SAN or whatever) they will challenge me for being in there.

That keyboard looks typed on plenty. Programmers don't spend all their time with their fingers on the keyboard, even when coding. She may also be waiting for a compile, RTFMing, or browsing through emails.

>standups
just kill me

I worked in an office that had mid height cubes with a foot of frosted glass on top and they had active noise cancelling devices in the ceiling that made it so you only heard conversations that were about 5-6 feet from you, it was pretty nice.

>RTFMing
never heard it used like this

Oh I know this and have seen this, they then encourage you to work till 6 pm and have beer with the guys and instead of going home on Thursday why no bring your family for dinner onsite?

Its all a trickery to make you stay later and work longer hours.

this looks literally like a third world shithole street

>soi
>gril
The meme about soi is it's supposed to feminize, right? If you're a gril wouldn't this be a plus then?

It's not so much that they are tricking you with free food as studies have found that after a certain level of pay things like unlimited snacks, lunch provided by the office, gaming rooms, laundry service and what not are bigger draws than an extra 10-20k a year (this wouldn't be the case if taxes weren't so fucking high, here in California you only end up taking home about 65-70% of your paycheck) that would put you in a higher tax bracket..

Thanks user.

You sound stupid, every salary position has unpaid overtime. If you want overtime you need to be hourly.

wew lad, here in Europe it's illegal to make workers do unpaid overtime, always either extra free time or 1.5x salary

I'd say food is the biggest hindrance to me staying at the office more than 7-8 hrs, incl. lunch. At least give me a kitchen. Of course I'd take a hire cheque, but if you want voluntary OT...

Can you count the number of years you've been in the industry on one hand?

>every salary position has unpaid overtime.
slave

OOOH CAN YOU SEE

Attached: 1523143345458.png (465x349, 348K)

Like I said it hasn’t happened.

Yeah, see, you have sane labor laws there. Here companies are people too and have the freedom to fuck other people over.

nice reply you autist, but I'm not even from bongland :^)

b-but I'm from Europe...

not sure if bait

In america there are 2 types of workers.

Hourly who typically are non-managers and are essentially cogs who work with a decent level of supervision. Their time is usually pretty closely monitors and they get paid for any overtime worked but it has to be approved ahead of time.

Salary are typically managers and highly skilled worked who work mostly independently and are trusted to work whatever amount of hours that are needed to get the job done, they will often come in at odd hours to fix big issues, this also means that you will probably work overtime but for the same level of skill they are paid about 15% more than a hourly worker to account for the possible extra hours worked. These workers will also be able to do things like go to doctor visits and what not and not have to record it. On weeks where they are ahead of schedule on projects there is no problem with them only working 30 hours or less.

Also in a place like California there is a minimum pay that you have to make in order to be salary, I think it is like 85k, but it may be different now. It is illegal in California to have someone be salary and making something like 40-50k.

I've been both, I prefer salary.

IT infrastructure engineer here.

Slaves are people who are forced to work against their will for no pay.

There are no slaves in modern first world countries.

yes, it was bait, you worked it out familia

where you from? here in Estonia workers are protected so fucking much, too much if you ask me. there's even a restriction on how many hours of overtime you can do per week-

yeah, unpaid overtime sounds highly unethical indeed, it's practically slavery. must be horrible to work in an environment like that

Being a salaried worker isn't truly unpaid overtime in america, see

it's not worth it like this.

Im from Spain, I'm sure what the company was doing was illegal but it was in 2009 (during the peak of the economic crisis) and the government didn't give a fuck.

Estonia is great for IT from what I've heard, you guys knew how to adapt to the times but here we're still prehistoric in terms of the technology industry :)

Yup, I'm American. Though we have timesheets for charging out customer and some of my coworkers seem to think that's how they should also value themselves. Hourly. Not to mention passive-aggressive emails from management. I don't give a shit, but it's made me conscious of my hours and "busybodies".

>IT
>software engineer
what?

>IT
no.

I worked in SF as a SE though, and when the week is relatively light it is 100% this. Theres usually going to be a SRE or someone who's overloaded though while this bitch is out getting her 2nd $5 coffee

I don't see how you are american and spelling check as cheque.

oh, yeah we have the same thing here, it's just legislated differently, wouldn't call it unpaid overtime myself though as it sounds misleading but then again I'm not from America either.

as Spain is a member of the EU, their activity was definitely illegal. Estonia is amazing for IT and it's in great demand. I'm a lawyer myself but even I have skills in IT and might even transfer in the future as it's currently much more lucrative and also suits me as a person better.

Yes. [spoiler]0 because I'm a student.[/spoiler]

>only 6 hours at the office
>4-6 hours spent commuting? wat?
No, real life is not like that.

Op is dumb as shit.
I work for a major ISP and pretty much deal with these people and ITs all day.
>Regular IT
>lives on their phone and email 24/7 pretty much always looking for shit to fix optimize, if they are a project manager they might as well have their phone tapped to both sides of their face.
>programmer
>probably has like a dog sitting on a yoga ball eating some basedlet bars or something

Get headphones with active noise-cancellation. They're usually somewhat expensive but they're worth every dime.

Attached: QC352BK.jpg (400x400, 17K)

I thought about saying can you count it on less than one finger but figured you might possibly be brand new to the field.

It's used all the time in the industry that way.

I admit. I did it deliberately.

Attached: stf,small,600x600-c,0,0,1000,1000.u2[1].jpg (1000x1000, 172K)

śóy got filtered

Nice try canuck

why do you need makeup at fucking work?
wymn amirite?

>pointing the camera at herself
>GRRL KODERS!!! GRRL POWER!
Every single fucking stereotype! FFS!
Rule number one: do not hire females.
Rule number two: do NOT HIRE females.

They're only interested in themselves and getting attention.
They cannot reason nor think nor work effectively.
They ruin the workplace even if they aren't actively causing drama (and the usually are).
They are a liability, a lawsuit waiting to happen. They are the reason for the bullshit HR propaganda that you have to go through every year telling you what subhuman filth you are for being a male.

Don't be mean. Don't be nasty. Don't make a scene.
Just don't hire them. Don't work under them and don't work with them. They are not your friends.

Fuck. You got me.

working in IT is absolutely shit and i am personally changing to something else
its not just for me, i'd rather keep it as a hobby/freetime activity instead of dealing with that shit as my job in a crappy office, i dont want to hate computers and my life for the rest of my life, after i started working in IT my alcohol consumption skyrocketed and I have never hated my life more