Holy shit chrome is getting worse every update. fuck google. What browser does Jow Forums recommend?

holy shit chrome is getting worse every update. fuck google. What browser does Jow Forums recommend?

Attached: Google_Chrome_icon_(2011).png (512x512, 119K)

FireFox ESR52

Firefox or one of the forks, Brave, Iridium.

Slow and a ram hog.
Palememe.

you need a google account to get the best experience from google.

how do i give my live to the great Alphabet overlords?

>Firefox ESR
>Not Quantum
The epitomy of memery right here folks.

The UI took a dip with quantum and a lot of features are gone.

new firefox crashes constantly on linux and has memory leaks on windows

Firefox, really.

Just works for me on both, brother! I don't know what to tell you other than PEBKAC

which firefox fork has a shitton of privacy settings? seamonkey or waterfox? i know it was some aquatic browser

Attached: 1257121437052.jpg (234x251, 5K)

Firefox

yea I used to use firefox gave it a real shot but would keep lagging only real competitor to chrome

>holy shit chrome is getting worse every update.

>Use chrome my entire life
>It just works

I just don't get it chrome literally is the best browser that you can get.

Nightly works fine for me on Linux.

who the fuck would use chrome instead of woolyss chromium builds

this place has really degenerated

Attached: jeb.gif (280x211, 1.92M)

Chrome came out in 08. Man where did the years go. I remember how excited everyone was

all memery aside, i'm enjoying basilisk.
>faster than FF ESR
>all my old shit works

as long as you haven't upgraded your firefox past 57, you can import your profile easily

Waterfox or this Don't listen to quantumtard.

I'm trying Opera now. Chrome eats my laptop 4 GB memory.

Chropera is a chrome skin :)

What's wrong with the last updates?
Serious question, I've been using chrome for years and haven't noticed anything off

The only real difference between the Firefox forks is the branding. You may as well stick to the original.

Firefox, palemoon, basilisk, vivaldi, or brave.
Each of these has their own ups and downs and their own goals so take a look at each and decide for yourself
(ps if your thinking of using firefox esr use basilisk instead as its a fork of pre quantum firefox)

(((Chrome))) alternatives: Ungoogled Chromium
(((Mozilla))) alternatives: Waterfox, Palemoon

Is there anything not firefox or chromium based that is even worth using anymore?

surf

>The UI took a dip
It's firefox this is a non-issue

The only right answer is firefox nightly

Vivaldi

What features are actually gone besides supporting FF extensions?
Hard mode: Actually discussing native features and not shit you added through extensions

Brave works just fine on my Samsung. Along that I use Samsung's browser both have adblock. Samshit browser is easier on the battery on my phone.
In case you pick Brave pls enable strict site isolation in chrome://flags.
On iPad I use Safari with adblock.
On Debian stable Chromium currently will change back to Firefox esr the moment I get the update to 60.

The ungoogled version means compiling it from source all the time with every update. No thanks I got a fucking life.

You're basically fucked, just hold your nose and pick a mainstream browser or pick a fork and get used to being unable to use most extensions and glacially slow updates.

SJWfox, it's better then Chrome.... I guess.

Firefox beats anything in terms of ease of use, configurability and UI in general. It's not even that much slower than Chrome as of Quantum.

>Slow
Don't bloat it with addons.

You're losing potential security as well as feature and performance updates on forks. The only one which has decent security is IceCat simply because it refuses to run proprietary js.

It doesn't. Your hardware is malfunctioning. Nightly literally only crashed on 2 updates for me over 4 years of using it, and only on a single site.

Firefox power was extensions, now it's slower Chrome clone...

Microsoft Edge is unironically the best browser around

Sadly not that many extensions for it, but it has ublock (waiting for umatrix)

Firefox Quantum is comfy as fuck.

What is your plan once they drop security support on it?

I am not leaving my addons.

Nice bait.

Palemoon

Any browser out there with a Tab groups extension/addon like Firefox pre-57?

I can't go back to browse like a fucking caveman.

Apple Safari.

edge

just like ublock, you can port umatrix yourself

where is tha Jow Forums browser ? is it vaporware ?

>edge
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Please, only serious answers.

yikes

It's dead, we couldn't agree on the logo.

I use Vivaldi but people will point out that it's not open source. Still way better than Firefox and Google, though. I also like it a bit more than Opera, because it has more options to configure the UI. Opera's a bit faster, though.

firefox is good again, just come back

Waterfox, Icecat, Lynx.

Browsers with tab groups that are not Firefox 52 ESR.

Any?

Attached: Bubs-TheWire.png (250x250, 54K)

>constantly breaks
>updates remove features and hurt usability
>needs extensions to even be usuble
Why do normies like Chrome? Literally one of the most useless browsers I've ever used. Even fucking Internet Explorer is a more complete browser.

Because people associate Fast, with better, they embrace the botnet because muh 0,01 secs faster loading times.

Volvodi

>Not using Google Ultron
You are a fag OP

Because it's easy to set up. Every time I have a relative bring me a new pc to set up for them I just download Chrome and put whatever useful adblock at the time there is on it because they're usually already used to Chrome. Most new laptops come with it by default too so sometimes I don't even have to download it.

It's easier than trying to explain why Chrome is a botnet and they're better off with something else that they're not used to.

Netrunner

>Vivaldi
way more resource hog than chrome but in RAM but also in CPU when playing HD vids.

gets 20-25% of usage which is rather unacceptable since chrome gets 5-10% mostly, same as firefox.

Otherwise it's pretty good.

It's sync is kinda idiotic since you can't use it to keep your data online