What is your opinion on companion AI? Japs are already somewhat into this...

What is your opinion on companion AI? Japs are already somewhat into this. Strong AI is impossible so it can't actually undesrtand you or interact with you outside of what is has been programmed.

Attached: images.jpg (460x263, 11K)

>strong ai is impossible
found the retard

>Strong AI is impossible
Elaborate.

How do you make a machine/software conscious? How do you give it real understanding of concepts? How do you make it perform out of what it has been programmed to or develop its own ideas? How do you give it self awareness?
Think of the Chinese Room argument for the Turing Test.

What is consciousness? What really is self awareness?

Without having answers to these questions, you can't say that it's impossible to simulate or recreate it.

It only needs to fool humains at this game. Most of you aren't even conscious btw.

Again, what is consciousness? How can you measure it?

I can measure it anyway I want, and that makes it true, because my truth is just as relevant as your truth. Eat postmodernism fgt.

Have a (You), since you're so desperate for it.

let me ask you to replace each mention of machine/software in your post with humans and their brains. Unless you think humans are somehow physically special (which would be delusional), we can say the same about ourselves. How can I prove that you're conscious?

Also, the chinese room is a massive category error. What the example does is create a fully functional and conscious brain and then pick a random part of it and claim that, because it can't translate chinese on its own, it must not be strong AI. If I picked some random ass part of your brain it sure as fuck wouldn't function the same as your entire brain put together (which evidently doesn't even do much of its own functioning anyway).

Strong AI can absolutely exist, we just have no way of proving that it can, the same way that I can't prove how you're conscious.

reasonably exist* at the end

>What is your opinion on companion AI?
It has to be FLOSS, no way I'm getting that intimate with the botnet.

Exactly. Imagine all the data they'd get for free from the loners.

Literally my only shot at ever having a gf.

>implying I'd let my AI sex slave connect to the internet

>implying you'd have any control of her
She's just pretending to be yours, friend.

What's your type of girl? You know what, don't even answer that. Let's say its black chicks. Okay, that's your thing. For the sake of argument, that's your thing, okay? Why is that your thing? Because you did a detailed analysis of all racial types and you cross-referenced that analysis with a points-based system? No! You're just attracted to black chicks. A consequence of accumulated external stimuli that you probably didn't even register as they registered with you.

>implying the botnet AI sex slave would work offline

uh i'd be the one designing her, that's for sure

These are just idiotic labels for philosophy majors. If it acts like it's intelligent that's good enough.

There will never be a "gained sentience" moment. The algorithms and implementation will gradually get better over the years until we have a harder and harder time proving that they don't understand

this is a really good point. the people I interact with act intelligent enough, and so I treat them as conscious, even if I can't prove that they're conscious like I am.

It sounds as if you can make a companion AI. Get to it then, you'll be rich.

no i'd rather masturbate to cartoons

>A consequence of accumulated external stimuli that you probably didn't even register as they registered with you.
External stimuli + your interpretation of them.

people are too stupid wasting resources in creating bipedal robots and/or mecha and not focusing in creating a powerful AI.

With an AI you can improve any aspect of human society. It will be the path to reach singularity.

I didn't grow up with it, so it's alien to me and I'll never use it to replace human interactions. Newer generations would argue this is the same as socialize with their fellow homo sapiens and they won't be wrong.

>Strong AI is impossible
This is incorrect, a very complex algorithm can be as good as a human. Not right now, though.

People are afraid of AI. They think that it'll turn out like the Terminator movies.

two things will happen, we create an AI and advance or society or an alien civilization makes contact with us and want to "assimilate" us

>an alien civilization makes contact with us and want to "assimilate" us

>How do you make it perform out of what it has been programmed
implying humans ever perform out of what they've been programmed to do

>even if I can't prove that they're conscious like I am.
you can't prove that you're conscious either

by simulating all processes of human brain and then interacting with it, the same way how children get understanding of concepts and learn to develop ideas

Will you be designing her to serve girls as well?

Attached: 65854422_p0-.jpg (4000x2828, 1.48M)

>AI
No such thing exists.

Nothing is really impossible. The universe just started being for no reason. I think you just lack the perspective to understand that our view of technology now in two thousand years time is going to be looked at like we look at stone age things. I'm guessing your American or retarded

Attached: 1520260213794.jpg (918x597, 216K)

>Strong AI is impossible
and we're off

>The universe just started being for no reason
[Citation Required]

ridiculous. someone find the article about the chinese robo waifu which "fell inlove" with its creator, managed to lockdown the facility it was in and trap him in the room with him until they could cut the power

We need it in combination with animatronic sexdolls and artificial wombs.

Attached: giphy.gif (235x240, 1.85M)

>year 2020
>chinese make the worlds most advanced AI
>all it does is scam people online

Attached: 1524796164820.jpg (709x588, 53K)

Look up the big bang. It actually happened for no reason. Just some random quantum fluction that snowballed.

>someone find the article about the chinese robo waifu which "fell inlove" with its creator, managed to lockdown the facility it was in and trap him in the room with him until they could cut the power
Fake news

2020 is less than 1.5 years away.

probably
but still lulzy
>be indian
>scam people online
>be so retarded they think you're an AI
>justindianthings

>That feel when you're eating the same thing for breakfast for the fifth time in a row.
>Take a shit the same time every day
>Use the same few phrases in your speech on a daily basis
>Go to work at the same dead end job every day
>Go home to a tiny box surrounded by other humans in tiny boxes

And you say AI have to be programmed. All you niggas are programmed from birth.

Attached: dear_god.png (383x376, 137K)

no it's not

>implying anything but neets exist here
>implying natural intelligence of organic material is the same as ai
wew lad that's a lot of assumptions

>Almost half of 2018 over already
>2020 - ~2018.5 = ~1.5

>2020 is not about 1.5 years away
3/10m made me reply.

Can't tell if bait or actually, genuinely retarded.

how do you go from THIS

Attached: clippy-620x349.jpg (620x349, 26K)

to THIS?

Attached: 3ca6a7a2278a7874a99d59decf4180e3.jpg (849x1024, 58K)

They're the same, always nagging you

>implying you and your actions aren't just the combined collective programming of your upbringing, collectively allocated by your interactions with others, your diet and your hormonal balances.
Organic machines, user.

Teach it like a real child, give it a decade to learn about and interact with the world on its own initiative. Only in this way it can creatr 'common sense' context on the world

>companion
i have a god complex ai is only going to be my servant

I want a haptic feedback shirt so I can feel my companions hugs

Sorry, I'm tired and missed he wrote less than 1.5 years.

But then you're being a pedantic cunt for the sake of being a cunt. :^)

I find it pointless.
You are basically getting married to someone who isn't marriage material by definition.
I wouldn't date a fuckdoll, why would I spend money on one?

>I wouldn't date a fuckdoll
Because a fuckdoll doesn't have a personality. If you have a realistic fuckdoll with a realistic AI personality then in effect there is little difference between that and a human girl. Except maybe the robot can't have your babies.

>Strong AI is impossible
lol

>someone who isn't marriage material by definition.
why not

I meant that I wouldn't date something that only were good for sex.
A real human would be able to do things that aren't possible for the current state of computers and I doubt they would be able to those things any time soon.
Dating a human who cant have children is more acceptable because at least they can do other things that will satisfy you but it is not ideal.

>basically getting married
No. You will grow up with the companion.