How much of Jow Forums can actually code?

How many of you can actually write a useful desktop application?
strawpoll.me/15688606/r
Purely curious, I hate programming and I have only taken java or python classes at school.

Attached: 1445900808802.png (846x592, 42K)

Last time I touched UI programming was like 6 years ago. I write T-SQL code most of the time now. Last month I was asked to help my junior. It was UI stuff. I was clumsy af, and my junior laugh at me.

Attached: 1520528388429.gif (500x532, 904K)

I cannot program shit but I like to pretend I do

>desktop
>application

you mean web apps right, user?

I can make a useful desktop application, since I consider command line programs to be part of the desktop, since people use terminals from their desktop all the time.
Rarely does a program benefit from a GUI. There definitely are times where it can, but you often just don't need one.

I can scramble something like a command line markdown editor together.

all answers aply to me but I can only pick one. what do?

Yeah, sure I can put together some desktop application.
It being useful though?

Attached: 1437171031329.jpg (256x256, 22K)

I do lots of scripting for myself relating to file sorting, I've worked extensively on irc and discord bots and done things like coin watchers for cryptocurrency etc.
Pretty much all self taught, I've read a book here or there on c++ but that's about it.

I can't and probably never will. I can throw together a script and that's all I'll really ever need to do most likely.

coin watcher wasn't related to the bots btw that was a desktop app

I can do a fizzbuzz, use recursion to find the Fibonacci sequence to the nth, count the number of words in a text doc, and make a List behave like a Stack (Last in, first out). So I'm basically script-kiddie tier but better than nothing right?

The average Jow Forums poster

#include
void main()
{
// printf() displays the string inside quotation
printf("Hello, World!");
return 0;
}

>recursion fibonacci
even cirno knows it's baka to use recursion for fibonacci

Attached: 1525997168443.jpg (224x225, 11K)

yeah i make useful (to me) desktop apps, usually just small tools to help me do something using c# + wpf, it's the type of programming i like the most but im still not too great at it

i make basic stuff like a network monitor that shows my ping and has buttons to router/modem/port check/speed check/etc, a Jow Forums board browser with some easy tagging (how i found this thread), something to help me speedrun sonic 1 that loads savestates / hooks into the emulator (related video), a random music folder picker, etc etc

Attached: output.webm (1784x406, 928K)

Why does everyone always vote in their poll and post the link to the results?
Fuck you, OP. Fuck you.

where is the option" i reinstall my os every 2 weeks "

I work as a rails developer, pretty competent at scripting tasks too. Can't do desktop apps, though.

I work as a C++ dev developing a rather large scale desktop application, so yes

[s]it breaks all sorts of OS specific conventions (like where to store user data, how dialogs should behave, etc.) and there are always Windows/Mac/Linux users complaining that we do things the way it is not done on Windows/Mac/Linux[/s]

perhaps we should have hired some of these "interaction engineers" and "UX developers"

Is that you senpai?

Are you my kouhai?

That's what I'm asking you, David.

I'm not David. And you're not my kouhai.
I thought I was busted.

>Implying your normie coworkers would ever browse this site in their life. Especially when 0.01% here actually knows programming.
You are too naive, user. Too naive.

I guess I'm the only who browse Jow Forums in the office.

Attached: 1432214611824.jpg (380x381, 99K)

>code

Attached: 1519195775313.jpg (1137x1012, 250K)

I'm an idiot, but besides more up-to-date with the newest consumerist gimmicks (available only in USA) I feel that I'm better than most of Jow Forums, at least at troubleshooting. I sometimes help people here, but I never get replies to my questions.

I've written basic shit before but mostly for learning purposes. As in, they work but are barebones and there's freeware apps out there with 10x more features and polish so practically speaking the apps aren't actually that useful. Does that qualify?