What are some good PC speakers? Do aesthetics matter? How about a subwoofer?

What are some good PC speakers? Do aesthetics matter? How about a subwoofer?

Attached: .jpg (1200x800, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hQwvE8ZKDNE
ikmultimedia.com/products/iloudmm/
amazon.com/Yamaha-NS-6490-Bookshelf-Speakers-Finish/dp/B00018Q4GA/
amazon.com/SMSL-50Wx2-TDA7492-Amplifier-Adapter/dp/B00F0H8TOC/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i use these. feels too much base after prolonged listening

Attached: creative-gigaworks-t20-series-ii-speakers-300PX-V1.jpg (300x300, 28K)

I have these, too. I feel thet are a bit pricey considering the sound quality and not really worth it. It could be my shit tier motherboard with a even more shittier soundcard though.

The only good speakers are ones that are held over your ears by a headband.

Well, bought the bigger version a while back and was... not impressed. Treble and Mids are clear and sound good, but bass is either subdued (bass port covered) or boomy as all fuck (bass port open). Used to have pic related for years - I love that system, it's surprisingly very neutral with an abundance of very tight, controlled and punchy bass, but the subwoofer is fuckhueg and I currently don't have the space for that. Ended up digging out my old Creative T3000 system I bought some 15 years ago. It's... passable. Somehow, I feel as if the newer computer audio products are too focused on movies and gaming and therefore have a very V shaped sound signature, whereas back then systems sounded more neutral and were better for music listening... but that's just guesswork.

Attached: 367500-n0.jpg (700x394, 43K)

I have these
theyre ok i guess idk
I bought fidelio x2 and never use em again
for around less than 300 price point just get open headphones i guess

Edifier r1600 tiii or their BT brother (r1700 or something like this). You can ignore every other post in this thread, those are the only PC speakers worth buying. Anything more expensive than this and you should get bookshelves or studio monitors instead. Anything else similarly priced is not even a competition.

However the S730D has a slightly warm sound signature, with mids that every so slightly recessed. For me, that's just right since I'm a little oversensitive to high midrange / treble, but it might not be to everyone's taste. That being said these are the only PC speakers I ever truly liked (a lot), and I hope they last me for years.

i just got these iLoud Micro Monitors and boy, do they sound!

I'd tell you to get em if you don't care about extendability like choosing amp's and a subwoofer for example, but trust me, these do enough bass

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2018-05-12 at 14.37.08.jpg (720x1280, 85K)

No, they're actually overprices and sound pretty bad, from the demos I've listened to.
>Edifier r1600 tiii
I think they're called R1800 T3 now. Those are ok for the price, if you're not too autistic about the quality of sound.

i have the bt ones. sound is great compared to all the other speakers i owned before that. those were all logitech ones, similarly priced, and they were all too heavy on the bass.

Attached: edifier_r1600tiii_2-e1401182609821-600x383.jpg (600x383, 42K)

I have the Edifier R1280T's. I'm quite fond of them.

Attached: R1280T.jpg (800x800, 131K)

Get a hifi amp and some regular ass speakers if you want good speakers.

>What are some good PC speakers?
Any speaker that fits. Give me some size constraints.
>Do aesthetics matter?
Acoustics is all about the shape and size of objects.
>How about a subwoofer?
Do you mean whether you need to have one or not?
Or were you asking for a model in particular?

Is there anything better for the price? Klipsch ProMedia 2.1?

Using a Logitech Z333 at the moment. Pretty good, also comes with a subwoofer. Not too expensive for the price.

Attached: 2754209.jpg (800x494, 28K)

lol

Attached: iob6jw1vcwu01[1].jpg (1536x2048, 353K)

wirelles?

well, that's what you get with plastic boxes with tuned up 250hz fake base.

4fools

Say I want to spend max £200 on speakers that will last me half a lifetime at least. I have a headphone Amp+DAC that additionally has "pre out" and "line out" inputs (I'm not entirely certain what that means because I can be a retard sometimes but IIRC it's for outputting before or after passing through the amp components - does that sound right?). What kind of stuff should I be looking at?

I'll mostly be listening to music with a focus on orchestral, and the occasional (rare) movie. Gaming will stay on the headphones. So something neutral would be nice. Is this achievable? Should I raise or lower my budget?

I have semi-limited desk space but I'm sure I can figure something out if needed (I can stick some /diy/ stands around my room easily). The room is in an entirely wooden cabin, about 2.5*5 meters, moderately furnished. My desk is along the long side so the wall directly behind me is pretty close.

This. youtube.com/watch?v=hQwvE8ZKDNE
Technically speaking, if you're on a budget, prefer good 2 way systems on some x.1 system.

Preout allows you to change the volume of the signal going into powered monitors.
Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 would be made by a british company and they're supposed to be good.

>have these
>windows updated yesterday
>now they dont work on my pc but work fine on my laptop

what the fuck do I do? I've tried updating drivers and troubleshooting

>windows updated
I see what your problem is.

I mean I know that's the problem, but this isn't my home pc. I don't have an option. What should I do to fix this that doesn't involve a windows rollback?

I have a pair of focal xs book (1st gen, not wireless), pretty good and cheap now

I've been thinking of buying these (mainly because it doesn't require a jack connection and the port on my laptop is a bit wonky) but I see logitech stuff being shit on here a lot. What's the reason for it?

Are these a reasonable alternative? What's a good price for 'em?

I just use sound bars on monitors or laptop speakers. I don’t have room for anything else.

> I see logitech stuff being shit on here a lot
Its being compared to 200-500€ studio monitors with woofers that are over twice as large in diameter. Sound is physics and you can't overcome size with better tech, bigger sounds better. Also since they're pc speakers and not monitors they don't have same standards for neutrality which reviewers pay a lot of attention to.

They're probably fine for the price but theres lower end studio monitors around 100€ that tick more boxes audiophiles value.

That video started out funny then took a nose dive

I have some Edifier X400, decent enough for the price

Surprising the chinese company makes cheapest speakers.

I'd go with one of these if you have the space on your desk. Edifiers if you want stuff like Bluetooth, remote control, JBLs for better sound.

The R2730DB is the cheaper and probably the best if you want a thumpier bass. You pretty much won't need a subwoofer with any of these though.

It's probably targeted at people that get off to destruction.

forgot pic

Attached: Edifier.jpg (1584x640, 191K)

The reason for it is that logitech speakers are complete shit.
If you enjoy using speakers that butcher anything you listen to, go with logitech.

I would definitely not go with any of those. Those edifier speakers are not worth buying, cheaper edifiers, yes. Those, no.
lsr305 are fine if you are a fan of hiss, otherwise not so much.

>What are some good PC speakers?
Just buy a good pair of normal speakers and an amp, user.

I have some Tannoy Mercury V1i, I think. Are pretty good imo.

Attached: TannoyMercuryV1ibaffle.jpg (500x349, 36K)

That sounds like it'd take up even more room.

I'm looking at 8" high, 6" wide, and 6" deep.
Budget of up to $200.

stretch your budget to $300 and you can get iloud micros, or wait for a sale/used for ~$200. they're compact enough to travel with too.
>ikmultimedia.com/products/iloudmm/

>being a roomlet
While it's true it means that the same amount of money went into a smaller number of components.

looks to me like the _BOSE of monitors.

>$300
>frequency response starting at 55Hz
Stop recommending this garbage. I can see use for those as portable speakers for people who need to carry their shit around for work.
Other than that, only people who value form over function should get this.

they're well praised in the studio sector and the nearest competitor is the genelec 8010 which costs twice as much. if you want accurate sound from a tiny box these are about as good as it gets aesthetics aside.

>8" high, 6" wide, and 6" deep.
This guy isn't gonna fit anything with woofers bigger than 4" with those requirements. Find me a speaker that goes lower than 55hz and fits within those dimensions.

>only people who value form over function should get this.
No, the form/function is finding a speaker that fits the dimensions and performs well given the size constraints. And iloud micros are a great candidate for user's given requirements.

What if I have the same budget but I'm not above making a /diy/stand to fit any size?

At that point you might as well create /diy/ speakers.
>inb4 I don't want to design special quarter-faggot-bisymetric-bandpass-pipelines
You can also create speakers without the full load of autism.

The Vanatoo Transparent Zero sounds pretty good. Goes down to around 50hz. It's digital input/USB only because everything uses the onboard dac and dsp, even if it's an analog input.

I was thinking about the Yamaha HS7, but compared to the T0: It's fucking huge, has a massive cone yet can barely go down to ~50hz and it would cost almost a thousand dollars.

amazon.com/Yamaha-NS-6490-Bookshelf-Speakers-Finish/dp/B00018Q4GA/
amazon.com/SMSL-50Wx2-TDA7492-Amplifier-Adapter/dp/B00F0H8TOC/

>Find me a speaker that goes lower than 55hz and fits within those dimensions.
there is no replacement for displacement

>deadpool.png

The best computer/desk speakers are whatever coaxial bookshelf actual speakers you can afford.

If space is more of an issue, then the Dynaudio Xeo 2’s are excellent and tiny, you might also be better served by studio monitors from Genelec, JBL, Yamaha etc.

>8" high, 6" wide, and 6" deep
I assume that’s the space on his desk, why wouldn’t the sub go underneath.

"windows rollback"
how about installing a real operating system

>making what amounts to a glorified shelf is the same as making audiophile tier speakers