What DNS is everyone using? I just switched to the cloudflare server (1.1.1...

What DNS is everyone using? I just switched to the cloudflare server (1.1.1.1) and It is a huge noticeable difference in speed. They also claim to be more secure (never writing your IP to disk and deleting all DNS searches every 24 hours).

What are you using and what are your thoughts on the cloudflare server?

Attached: what-is-dns.png (960x440, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dnsperf.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

opennic

their hardware logs your IP anyways so its irrelevant

>What are you using
cloudflare.

you are right now using cloudflare.

i bet the jews are doing this

Cloudflare is worse than Google where I live (Toronto)

>It is a huge noticeable difference in speed
a huge faggot liar is you

Quad9

Attached: Screenshot_20180513-095552_DNS Speed Test.jpg (720x1480, 287K)

dnsperf.com/

no a huge faggot liar is you homeboy

>It is a huge noticeable difference in speed
>huge noticeable difference in speed
>huge noticeable difference
>noticeable difference
>in speed

average Jow Forums user

Local>1.1.1.1 for main network
Pihole>q9 for my shitter Devices.

unbound

Why does this thread keep getting spammed every few days?

bind with root hints

Why yes, I would certainly notice a difference between 10ms and 100ms.

OpenNIC.
>a subjective test originating from an unknown location is going to have the same performance as you
I don't think you know how latency works. Distance to the server location matters.

Cloudflare is set on my adaptor settings, but I think IceDragon uses Comodo's DNS
Either way IceDragon has been fast as fuck

Do me a favor and try to drag a tab onto another monitor to create a new window. I dropped IceDragon because it always crashed when I did that, and it was months since I reported the bug with no fix.

Just checked, didn't crash

you should know that they upgraded to Quantum also

>Distance to the server location matters.
No shit,Sherlock. This applies whatever DNS you're creaming over, too. Simple lesson, use whatever works best for you. Nobody is claiming any one service is especially better.

Because ISP's are spying bastards.

The poster used that link as some sort of evidence that Cloudfare's DNS is objectively best based off those results, shitdick.

is pinging them in cmd a proper test?
Google: 13ms
Cloudflare: 16ms

Attached: ss (2018-05-13 at 17.54.44).png (640x444, 24K)

I don't trust them, but I trust them more than my ISL or jewgle.

It absolutely is a proper test. That's what your performance will actually look like.

No. Use dig.

Getting conflicting messages here

Attached: ss (2018-05-13 at 17.57.17).png (1470x643, 40K)

google gave me 4ms and cloud 70ms what ze fuck?

He never claimed anything was better than anything else. Why would he ask for peoples input if his mind was made on the subject?

>They also claim to be more secure (never writing your IP to disk and deleting all DNS searches every 24 hours).
They've employed a third party to verify that they're complying to this commitment.

Can Cloudflare connect to Namecoin and Emercoin blockchain domains? Does Cloudflare recognize nation-states not recognized by the ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 standard? Does Cloudflare offer namespaces approved by the community? No? Then why would I use it for a 5ms improvement?

Uh yes, you would. Pinging 8.8.8.8 takes me 35ms. Now let's say I used the url instead of the IP, if the query lasts 100ms we'd be talking an order of magnitude more in delay.

No it isn't. ICMP isn't the protocol used to retrieve DNS records. Use dig.

He was being sarcastic you fucking mouth breather. You need to go back if you need people to add /s to everything.

ISP DNS are the fastest in my case based on DNS Benchmark & namebench.

Oh look, the daily Cloudflare shill