Other urls found in this thread:

sircmpwn.github.io/2017/10/26/Fuck-you-nvidia.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

AMD's graphics cards are worse obviously
Don't have a side, I pick whatever has the best performance

>brand loyalty
>picking a side
>not just picking based on benchmarks
I seriously hope you guys aren't this young.

The one with higher fps/$

Green team because I can never get any fucking stock of the red team.

i'm on team "OP should hang himself"
use the subject field or include keywords in your shitpost next time

NVDIA, because EVGA has the best policies.

this
for now anyway

you mean an IED Maker

I'm not a bot, and this action was performed manually

I first bought Nvidia with a gtx670, died on me in only three years

Now I typically stick with AMD because freesync and DX12/Vulkan performance provides too much value. Also because Nvidia act like a bunch of greedy jews

Attached: 111111111.jpg (778x1024, 497K)

None. I'm currently using a 1080Ti since I'm at 4k, but I would be happy to purchase an AMD card if it was a decent improvement over what I currently have.

Would be better anyway since my monitor is freesync, and Njewdia won't utilize the tech.

>brand loyalty
First one to make a cheap GPU gets to stay in my build

Attached: 1522651044775.gif (328x259, 1.65M)

AMD.

Nvidia has terrible business practices and is known for killing good tech and vendor locking it. (Ageia, for example. I can't even use my old gts250 as the dedicated physx card anymore) also, terrible Linux support and objectively worse hardware.

Brand loyalty is retarded, but that said historically speaking if you want actual performance you pretty much have to go with Nvidia.

I would have gone with amd if it had good 4k performance

It doesn't have to be about brand loyalty. If you have a good experience with one card and bad with another then you're likely to get going the path of the good one because of past experiences

Nvidia for results but hoping that AMD will eclipse them one day because Nvidia’s software support and business ethics are garbage.

Nvidia binary drivers are objectively better than AMD's drivers on Linux, m8. And nouveau is ridiculous bad. Just sayin'.

Nvidia pls go

As a ML guy, can't use anything besides Nvidia

I'm not interested in brand wars. On a Windows machine, Radeon all day. But Radeon drivers on Linux are just straight-up bad.

Radeon never bricked my installation but Nouveau has multiple times.

Nouveau is hot garbage. I'm talking about the binary drivers. Nvidia's binary is miles ahead of nouveau and anything for Radeon.

I said "pls go."

Attached: 1524598793741.jpg (683x683, 68K)

This will always be an older slower card.
Computing hardware hits the point of dimnishing returns really early.

Whichever team has the fastest consumer card. Don't see AMD topping the 1080ti anytime soon so NVIDIA it is.

It's not healthy to reject facts for pointless political reasons.

Got fucked good by g bought a Vega 64 295 watts and not as good as a 1080 ti what a piece of shit. Also housefire.

Attached: 1524864480479.png (800x533, 600K)

>Nvidia binary drivers are objectively better than AMD's drivers on Linux
Despite being tied to both Xorg and kernel versions?
Meaning that the moment your card is dropped from the latest driver, you can eat shit and forget about updates?

I agree with

>picking a team
How retarded are you? It's a fucking GPU you stupid virgin.

Attached: 31960486_1678659858849994_7737308503420698624_n.jpg (365x392, 13K)

I'm only interested in performance. We are talking about GPUs made for playing video games, after all.

I'm team 3Dfx, but as this team is dead, i just backstab everyone for a decent performance.

Every amd product i have ever owned was fucking garbage, fuck that company.

>I'm only interested in performance
Yeah, neither new kernels nor new Xorg versions ever improved performance. Go shill for that terrible company somewhere else, please.

AMDGPU Pro driver is in no way inferior and allows you to update forever, as the open AMDGPU is part of the kernel.

>everyone who disagrees with me is a shill
You need to go back to Jow Forums, or /v/, or reddit or whatever shithole it is that you came from.

>You need to go back
You need to have actual argument besides "Nvidia good! AMD bad!".
Maybe you won't look like such a shill.

AMD is currenty shit, and Nvidia knows this so they are being extra evil. I wish ATI never got bought by AMD.

That's not my argument at all, dumbass. I've even said that on Windows, there's no reason at all to use Nvidia GPUs. Nvidia's binary drivers simply offer better performance than nouveau or Radeon drivers on Linux. The fact that you jump to "muh support" and started freaking out about shills is evidence enough that you're a mindless brandwhore.

I wish Imagination technologies stopped drowning in apple money for a bit to release a competitive PowerVR card for the PC.

AMD for both cpu and gpu but I want an intel so bad.

team mini

>Nvidia's binary drivers simply offer better performance than nouveau or Radeon drivers on Linux.
Great, except official driver is AMDGPU Pro.
And there is (and probably will be) no support for wayland with Nvidia.
>Thect that you jump to "muh support"
What? Using Nvidia literally means that at one point you will be unable to update the Linux Kernel. That's probably the worst thing that could happen.
>and started freaking out about shills
Because you are one. Stop being a shill and use actual facts. You have yet to provide anything beyond "Nvidia good! AMD bad!".
>is evidence enough that you're a mindless brandwhore.
And stop projecting.

AMD because of superior Linux drivers and no problems with passing it into a VM.

An Nvidia shill would recommend AMD GPUs on Windows. That makes sense.

Nouveau is bad only because Nvidia requires signed drivers for critical functions for everything from Kepler onwards.

So? Its still bad.

Nvidia shill would use OS irrelevant to the discussion to make shilling less obvious. Yes.

Not a shill would provide facts instead of unsubstantiated opinions and outright lies (that Nvidia drivers are better).

I'm with njewdia

>Irrelevant to the discussion
This thread is about whether Nvidia or AMD are better. Neither of them are. It depends on your application.

AMD
simply for the fact that I have nVidia card

Dude, Imagination is dead. Apple dropped them and some Chinese company picked up the remains.

>remove gameworks
>suddenly nvidia falls to hell and beyond
>PERFOMANCE

>If you do something that would result in poor performance, then performance will be poor
woah

Nvidia, because 1050Ti has the best price/performance

nvidia's binary blob drivers aren't better because they are tired to kernel version and xorg version and that causes all kinds of idiotic problems you just don't get by using free drivers. Using a Intel iGPU is preferable. Such a shame NVidia actually prevents nouveau from becoming a usable alternative. Consider this as a silly example: It took a while before ACL1220 audio got kernel support, too long in that audio chips case. Then it arrived, hallelujah, there be audio. Except that this kernel was too new for the nvidia binary blob so suddenly it's a choice between having working video or working audio.

These problems aside, the mere fact that nvidia is actively preventing those who are trying to make free drivers for their cards is reason enough to avoid anything and everything from them. I'd seriously rather buy a laptop with only a Intel iGPU (which is very well supported) than one with a nvidia mx150 in it. It's not like AMD makes wildly better GPUs, it's just the only sane alternative.

AMD Ryzen and GTX 1080

Attached: 1501005949672.png (284x284, 13K)

Gaming and computers is more to me than mere FPS performance.
>which one does not screw consumers and manufacturers alike
>which one makes awesome new technology available to everyone?
>which one offers great bang for buck, and which one is overpriced (yeah yeah buyers market, but you need to look at your interest, not some company)

Tell me there is even a choice

based.

Attached: 3dfx.jpg (960x720, 22K)

Go back to 2012, ever since AMD open sourced major parts of their driver stack it's been objectively better

what would be the AMD card for 60+ frames on high/ultra for 1080p?

RX560 is plenty for that, and they are very affordable with 4gb of memory.

I can easily do it with my RX550 most of the time.

I'd say RX570, but 560 will do if you're on budget.

AMD CPU and Nvidia graphics.
Can't go wrong with this combo.

how is this bish still single at 40?

AMD because they spend alot of resources into the development of FOSS drivers. But honestly I wish there was more choice

dont be a fuckin virgin whichever one has the better card at the better price

She's 31

Nvidia graphics, AMD CPUs

>if you remove the sole reason nvidia cards are good
>suddenly they actuall are worse than the competitor that is forced to use api's that arent suitable for it

who would have knew

So you're saying nividia pays game companies to have worse performance on amd gpus? I know Nvidia hairjew pretty much was that for Witcher 3 but other games idk.

yes, it's called gameworks. and the devs take it because it means less work for them.

Mine. I pick a card that serves my needs, buy it, and enjoy. Both companies have pros and cons. Why should I be loyal? You think I want them to abuse me?

Attached: 1519609333199.jpg (350x368, 125K)

in the spirit of Linus
sircmpwn.github.io/2017/10/26/Fuck-you-nvidia.html

NVIDIA

Kind of a company quality thing to me.
I see NVIDIA as having their shit together all of the time and ATI/AMD always playing catch-up but never catching up.

amd becuase i run linux and want my drivers working instead of booting into a black screen, thank you very much

fbpb
amd has not produced anything really great unfortunately. Even though nvidia has been a shitty business.

I'm in no team. I'm simply anti-kike.

>picking based on just "gaymen fps" or just a few specific numbers without looking at all the other factors like hardware utilisation, software support, adaptibility, proper synchronization with other hardware, etc.
I seriously guys hope you aren't this young user

>he thinks benchmarks only involve gaming fps
Oh, my sweet summer child.

>"""or just a few specific numbers"""
>he replies without reading properly
It wasn't even that long user

RED TEAM because I love being ripped off by AMD shit tier liars who have been ripping us off since at least 2004. I just love being a sucker and falling for all their bull fucking shit only to learn that what their stats actually mean is "only if you run this hardware in a vat of liquid nitrogen and dont run any fucking games and shit on it". Yeah they are great at handling notepad or Geany I get somewhere near what AMD tell me I should get in terms of performance

Pic related, it is the AMD research and development team

Attached: nigguh2.png (482x636, 603K)

Nice try shlomo. Get the fuck out along with your fellow pajeet shintel shills.

Whoring

Holy shit, at least try next time.

Attached: [Hisss].png (479x480, 89K)

I started mining with a 5850 back in 2010, so AMD has paid all my rigs since then.

>check AMD game , aka rise of the tomb raider
>gtx 1080ti destroys vega 64

try again

Same. But I hate NVIDIA and cant wait for VEGA to get cheap so I can sell my 1080 and get one.

Nvidia, it was there and not super expensive.

I'm not picking a team but I'll chose my NVidia for my GPU because AMD is not very competent to their GPU's instead of CPU's

no no its entirely coincidental that nvidia specifically targetted the one thing amd cant handle for years now because of the idiocy of its former ceo..

the culling..
nvidia culls anything above x16 while amd needs to brute force their shit up to x64

>amd game
>amd

Attached: tombraider-wtb-header-960.jpg (717x389, 75K)

>cull

stop using that faggoty word.

Radeon because their drivers are far better than nvidia.
+ universal wayland support
+ native mode text console
+ non gimp pcie-passthrough
off the top of my head.

Nvidia slows down old cards with driver updates just like Apple with their batteries

i7 4770K + Vega 56. Fight me.

Matrox Millennium for the excellent 2D cards of 30 years ago.

Amd because nvidia has shit Linux drivers.

since my brother gave me a monitor with g-sync i can't really choose radeon

what, is this serious?

>GPU: RX480 8GB
Because it performs basically the same as the 1060 and it comes with juicy 8GB of RAM instead of just 6

>CPU: R5 1500x
because I found it on sale for 90 shekels and it was by far the fastest CPU for that price at the time

Regarding graphics accelerators for PCs, ATI mostly cooperates with the free software movement, while nVidia is totally hostile. ATI has released free drivers.
However, the ATI drivers use nonfree microcode blobs, whereas most of nVidia's products (excepting the most recent ones) work ok with Nouveau, which is entirely free and has no blobs.
Thus, paradoxically, if you want to be free you need to get a not-very-recent nVidia accelerator.
I wish ATI would free this microcode, or put it in ROM, so that we could endorse its products and stop preferring the products of a company that is no friend of ours.