Attached: intel_cuc.jpg (600x396, 87K)

>with that price
no

>cuc

>edgy gamer tier skull

Why do they call these "NUC VR"?
What do they have to do with vR?

Attached: vr.jpg (712x577, 53K)

why cant they just make it square, why the fuck does it need to have those shitty bent ends on it.

It's like designers today think boxxy = too retro feeling.

who?

$1000 for something that could be outperformed by a $100 computer

You can strap them on your head. In the backside there are two lenses, just like oculus.

means they are VR ready which means it will get decentish framerates

I don't know what modern specs are like but do they meet the reqs for Oculus and related?

It means they have enough ports and yes it means that they're more than powerful enough for VR headsets.

(OP)
that pic is of the old one, the skull canyon. This is the new one, it's much bigger
mercifully the new one has a uniform top plate that's thinner where the skull is so that the LEDs shine through. Turn it off and you can't see the pattern. wouldn't have bought one with a skull, wonder if intel knows how much of a turn-off it is even with multicolour led
you can also change the rgb on the power button
Portability feature maybe? Would be better in a bag than sharp edges I guess

Attached: hades canyon nuc.jpg (720x380, 30K)

Can you still mount it on the VESA mount on the back of a monitor?
I used to have but it fried itself.

it can be, and I think it comes with a little mounting kit too

size comp here. The Hades canyon comes with a power brick that's nearly the size of the skull canyon tho. How big was the brick on the old one?
And did it fry itself as in overheat? I'm a bit worried about heat

Attached: dsc00045_final-100753521-large.jpg (700x467, 29K)

>NU

The SC brick was 120W IIRC so it was kinda large.
As for the frying, it was probably just a bad unit. Did so in the first few weeks and I returned it and went in a completely different direction from there.

Coolest product released in a long time. Really want one just for novelty.
Its not practical for me though because of being stuck on ddr4 2400(WoW scales like crazy with ram speed, my main game), limited storage, and not being able to replace the GPU.
If I had a higher income I'd use it instead of a desktop though.
Friendly reminder nvidia cucked kaby lake g so we can't get it in laptops. It would have been the first gaming laptop I'd consider buying.

Is Intel the baddies? They got skulls on their products

The "average" user had that "end of the rig" when they got their smartphone, or before when they got their laptop.

Show me this future tech $100 computer

>mercifully the new one has a uniform top plate that's thinner where the skull is so that the LEDs shine through.
Skull Canyon NUC came with a second non-skull plate that you could swap out.

Not the end, but it still looks cool.