Are airpods the best bluetooth earphones up to date?

Are airpods the best bluetooth earphones up to date?

Attached: Apple_AirPods-img2a.jpg (2880x2358, 255K)

Other urls found in this thread:

earbuddyz.com/
cnbc.com/2017/03/28/how-to-use-find-my-airpods.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

can you buy missing one if you loose one?
can you use one if you find one?
can two people deaf on one ear buy one set and split them?
can you connect each one to other device?

These are the most retarded questions I've ever heard

They are, which is bad if you're not gay.

Attached: elizabeth-holmes.jpg (1600x1164, 521K)

These are four closed questions. If your answers are different than yes/no/I don't know then you're obviously retarded.

This

Attached: icrap.gif (431x216, 2.19M)

>got them as holiday gift from work
>they're pretty nice
>kinda worried they'd fall out of my ear when hanging laundry

>can you buy missing one if you loose one?
come on, that's a retarded complaint, almost all bluetooth headphones are paired so that they're in sync, without the possibility of changing that

earbuddyz.com/
cnbc.com/2017/03/28/how-to-use-find-my-airpods.html

Imagine having your ears so far from each other

Attached: FGExcellentAdventure1.jpg (720x542, 40K)

???

one step away from

Attached: Cyberman_from_Doctor_Who_(529659465).jpg (1157x2844, 1.32M)

This is a lie. SOL and Bose both let you replace them. Apple doesnt.

Why are official Apple ads promoting theft?

They're four closed questions that describe issues that are irrelevant to both manufacturers and a vast majority of customers.

Why are these hands so black? Black people usually have more fleshy-colored palms but these hands are completely black.

>nigger hands
nah thanks, i'll pass

Curious for some of the answers. Maybe one POD is dominant, and you can only sync with that pod. The other pod is just sent the other sound channel.

Who is this semen demen?

They are if you want truly wireless earbuds that you don't have to worry about. Battery life is great, much better than anything else I've used. The fact that they are always topped off in the case is great.

Look up Theranos.

>Think the hands are purposefully silhouetted to put emphasis on the product being displayed
>Zoom the image
>It's actually extremely dark 'depths of the Congo'-tier black hands

Wew lad. Can anyone that dark actually afford Apple stuff?

You actually can replace one/sync a new one to the case

cant wait until brain cancer becomes a #trend because of these babies in 10 years.

they're the best if you use apple products, which is pretty much the standard answer for every apple product: if you buy into the whole product ecosystem, it's hard to come up with something better.

the iphone is good on its own. with a mac (imac, mbp, whatever) you get things like continuity and handoff or whatever it's called. imessage comes through on whichever device. all that shit that comes from a company that stopped caring about interoperability and compatibility.

the apple watch is the best smartwatch if you also have an iphone. notifications get filtered more intelligently than (generic smartwatch)+(generic smartphone) would do. but you need to buy into both. and you get more advantages with a MBP (unlock your computer, for instance).

this shit just compounds. but if you're buying airpods to use with an android phone or windows laptop, it's probably pretty mediocre. i'm guessing. i don't own them and probably wouldn't (the fit of apple's wired earbuds is pretty poor in my ears, and i'm not keen on spending $100+ just to find that these hard-tipped earbuds don't fit my ears).

No, they aren't even good... except for apple shareholders. "Mediocre" sound is the benevolent way many reviewers put it. I myself would add "as compared to better$5-10 Chinese IEM".

Most Applel users wouldn't even buy these without the removal of the headphone jack and Apple marketing. If they were just in a rack with all unbranded IEM and you just listened to all, you'd probably pick something else.

>dominant pod
That sounds like gay shit

I find Apple products insultingly crappy. Its possible but hard to come up with anything worse.

IOS doesn't even let you just copy all files - your photos, videos, recordings, music, ... to a NAS, nor does it tell you how much BW your phone is using over the various channels. And many more flaws.

And the time capsule isn't even supporting RAID5/6 on any model. Not that this is a single flaw, Apple just removed virtually all functionality that doesn't apply to peddling more products to the most incompetent and gullible users.

Repairs are fucking annoying and Apple usually tries to make hardware upgrades hard or impossible.

Its an upsettingly useless and stupid ecosystem.

This was originally an app that some dude made but Apple removed his app from the App Store without compensation.

The filesystem stuff is not a flaw it's designed that way. As soon as a non-techie encounters a file system they shit the bed.

>overpriced
>in ear meaning it'll be annoying after awhile
>bluetooth only

no

What part of this joke is difficult to understand?

> As soon as a non-techie encounters a file system they shit the bed.
Filesystems never required any actually noteworthy knowledge; everyone including Microsoft Office - only users could handle them. The most you need to do is make system files invisilble by default.

But for the sake of argument, whatever is the issue with supporting NOT completely retarded people. Is it too much for Apple to handle?

It's a massive inconvenience if you can't copy all your data off your phone at any time by any method you choose (be it a network filesystem connection, ftp, a connected USB storage device -or if you want, USB hub on lighting with that-, bluetooth or whatever else.

When you a few cents short of the dollar almost anything is hard to understand.Especially when you can't just make up an explanation.

1. Yes, you can buy one if you lose one.
2. No, unless you buy the case and the missing one.
3 and 4. No. Its a *pair* or headphones. They are meant to, and only work, together.

Why would they compensate him for something they were likely already working on implementing? They probably just had to confirm with their lawyers that they wouldn't get sued if some idiot kept them in his ear while the Find My AirPods sound played.

fucking retard

How often are you losing anything?

WHAT IF, just stop kid

got em as a christmas gift and i love em, decent sound too

Isn't Bluetooth still heavily compressed? It has worse quality than 320kbps mp3 IIRC.

bluetooth receiver > bluetooth earphones

Elizabeth Holmes

Yes. Apple offers an option to buy either pod or the case as a separate purchase.
Yes. You can use a single one provided you still have the case to charge and connect to it.
No. Unless you buy another case. You connect to them using the case. The pods are "linked" to the last case they charged in.
Again, no. Unless you buy another case.

Not ever since 4.0.

>But for the sake of argument, whatever is the issue with supporting NOT completely retarded people. Is it too much for Apple to handle?
They don't want to make a single device that does everything. To them a filesystem is something only Macs should have. They literally don't want you doing "computer-like" file management on a phone and will upsell you on a Mac if that's important to you. It's the same reason their iPods have FM radio but iPhones don't.

Yes.
>can you use one if you find one?
No. Not unless you have your own AirPods case and you put it in yours, in which case, it's yours now.
>can two people deaf on one ear buy one set and split them?
Not unless they were constantly sharing the same device.
>can you connect each one to other device?
Yes, actually.

Any other retarded questions that would almost never apply to real life?

>>overpriced
not really. no other "truly" wireless earbuds have come anywhere close in battery life or ease of use. that's what you're paying for, here.
literally just hold it close to the phone and open the case. done, paired.
only have to charge the case once every 3 weeks or so, and even then, it doesn't take long.

>in-ear meaning it'll be annoying after awhile
that doesn't apply solely to the airpods, though. you're describing literally every in-ear earbud ever.
also, in-ears aren't that annoying. that's just your personal preference.
>bluetooth only
that's literally the point, yes.

I mainly use them with my phone and laptop. Works pretty well and even recognizes the mic but dogshit battery life.

>no other "truly" wireless earbuds have come anywhere close in battery life or ease of use. that's what you're paying for, here.
kill yourself, you dumb cunt

>yes
How?

After using deep ear canal foam earbud tips I can never go back. I look at shit like airpods and wonder how anyone can be satisfied with the audio quality.

Attached: 23423423423.jpg52525235.jpg (1296x968, 530K)

Only reason I haven’t bought some is I know that form factor is bad for my ears.

Hopefully some cheaper iems come out that work as well. Don’t give a fuck about sound quality since I only listen to audiobooks and podcasts.

Nobody is buying airpods for the audio quality.

Objectively?
No.

I couldn't help but notice you didn't list any competing devices capable of charging the earbuds from zero to full 10 times before needing to be plugged in. You only told me to kill myself and called me a dumb cunt. That's not really enough information for me to go on.

>buy a pair of airpods
>take one out
>put it in another case
>connect that case to a different device
>???
>profit

I've got some great sennheiser cans for when I want great audio quality. They'll always be there. But fuck wires when I'm commuting or exercising. The convenience is amazing and the audio quality is absolutely fine for their size. In fact even better than I'd hoped for.

You also didn't list any wireless earbuds capable of connecting to a device with a little hassle as the AirPods.

It's not an audiophile thing though. I use bluetooth jaybirds with foam tips and they sound great. Not having a wire for the airpods just seems like a 100% "we're living in the wireless future!" aesthetic choice for very little practical gain.

Allows you to use one at a time and go infinite by charging the other.

As someone who wears one earbud throughout my workday, true wireless is ideal. “Wireless” earbuds that are still connected by a wire seem pointless.

I'm going to sound like a massive shill but
For me it's being able to mount my phone on my bike handlebars and not have to have a wired connection. It's being able to go for a run without my phone and just with my watch and not have to re-sync my headphones or have wires dangling around. It's having them work with every Apple device I have by just choosing them as an output, as well as my android/windows things.
And even when, yeah, I could just plug in a cable, with headphone jacks going I don't want to have to have to remember an adapter, and I almost never even have to think about anything other than sticking them in my ears and pressing play on my phone.

This, aside from the one earbud use the wire is still flopping around touching your neck, and it's still a point of failure.

Yeah, this is no fun for anyone. I wear in-ear monitors when playing in a band and usually end up with just one ear in, but having the other one dangling around my neck is a massive distraction.

I mean if wearing only 1 earbud is something you do on a regular basis then sure I agree airpods are better.

the jaybirds I bought came with 2 batteries you can go infinite and still have stereo sound

Have they sorted out the bluetooth issues yet? They were fucking awful when I tested them, disconnecting throughout the day.

Not shilling but I have never had a disconnect problem with my jaybird freedoms. I avoided bluetooth headphones forever because I just figured they were absolute garbage with sync/battery/audio quality issues. These headphones have completely changed my opinion on bluetooth headphones. $50 on ebay.

>Black people
American mutts are shit colored, some real Africans without white blood mixed in are black.

Allright time to get my shill game on, I love this product so much I will literally shill it for free.

If you care about headphone durability these things (Plantronics backbeat fit) are the only ones you should ever buy. Let me tell you how much I use these, every single waking hour from waking to going to bed every single day, maybe half an hour out at lunch while they charge, I usually get up around 6 and go to bed around 11, so lets call it 16 hours a day (24-8). This puts my weekly usage around 112 hours. I drag these things under floors, through roofspaces, get rained on, wear in the shower, get concrete dust, sawdust and loads of other shit covering them on a very regular basis. I am on pair number 2, pair number 1 failed after 3 years or 122640 usage hours and pair 2 is still going strong 2 years later. Literally no other headphone (and believe me when I say this, I have tried so many pair of Bluetooth headphones) can even compete. Every single pair failed after only a few months of this use.

Fuck your faggy numale starbucks headphones, get a real mans headphones.

Attached: BB fit.jpg (500x288, 15K)

>apple shit
Back to your containment board iSoyddler

Ah yeah, those are good. Still not a fan of the wire round the back but if they work for you. Was referring to their Run model, which are just the earbuds like the airpods. Those are just awful.

underrated

>are always topped off in the case is great.
That shortens the battery life

Hello, yes this is 2006 battery technology calling, it wants its old news back

no one cares

/thread & fpbp
Got so many gaybois butthurt

Li-Ion batteries still have that problem.

Fucking hardly. New Li-Ions do not give a fuck and you can abuse the shit out of them.

You might be thinking of LiFePO4.
Airpods don't use those because they have a shit energy density.

>5hr battery life
no

>this is the IQ of the average phoneposter

>dominant POD
where did you get this fine idea

i believe you but damn those look nerdy

Are they viable for big heads/ears?

Shit looks ugly as fuck

Just bought SoundPEATS Q30 cause they were cheap and had good reviews.
Did i fuck up?

>flesh coloured palms
Jesus christ check your micro aggressions

Yes

Autism

Fuck off then

>micro aggressions
You know this isn't tumblr, right?

gotta have Slayer blasting through my left earbud while I'm at the gym waiting for the CIA to call me on the special phone

Attached: 1493382804482.png (1353x976, 328K)

Not all of us are gay user

Asking the real questions.

yes
>can you use one if you find one?
probably, but only if you have the case.
you need to buy two whole sets. you need the case to sync and they don't sell the case alone afaik
not at the same time.

Attached: images.jpg (443x332, 34K)

So I can listen to uncompromised FLAC's via Bluetooth now?

How can you replace one if a set can only work together? How would you sync your new pod so it ONLY works with your previous one?