NO CHOICE OF OS

This is the future you were conned into accepting

Attached: os.jpg (960x684, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nokia.com/en_us/phones/android
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Series_40
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ios is shit and apple iphones are shit.

just get a android and accept the future already.

duopoly
ios is there just so android wouldnt become a monopoly

Just wait till Microsoft put Win10Arm on phones, they'll dominate the playing field.

>no distinctions from google BITNET , and non-BITNET android.

I can choose an OS right now and honestly, it's not like there's any that's actually good. None. Windows sucks dick. macOS sucks dick. Pretty much every Linux distro out there sucks dick. Android sucks dick, *BSD sucks dick.

>Android for phones.
>iOS for tablets.
>Windows for pc.
It already happened.

>Owning a tablet

Attached: ff.jpg (1917x3000, 655K)

Smartphones were a mistake anyway.

No they won't they've been trying that shit even since 2000. Wasn't Apple who made the first smartphone but Microsoft.
They tried some ARM based laptop and failed with it miserably.
Even Bill Gates is using a Samsung Note with Android and said it's better that way.
Currently Windows 10 is planned to get a syncing software with Android.

If the Librem 5 makes it out of development it'll be the first smart phone I own.

>that 2010 graphic

I refuse to believe that was "smartphones" and not watered to shit with feature phones.

Also smartphones just developed to be more and more into the territory of computers and apps/software became an important selling point. So big fucking surprise that it developed to partially mimic desktop OS's since it's infinitely easier to just run an OS that devs already support universally without any work on your part than it is to try and use your halfbaked in-house bullshit with no outside dev support.

Tell me that wouldn't look good and work with some little modification.

Attached: 1526283463972.jpg (1080x1920, 182K)

I'm 33 and it's a 7yo ipad still works. You want to diddle that? Now on the phone because it's charging.
And yes tablet owners now are kids mostly. People just get the largest screen device with the lowest price tag and skip on tablets completely but if they buy one it's Apple not Samsung or Huawei.

N O A P P S
O
A
P
P
S

Memes.

I beg your pardon?

UMP apps can scale to match the screen just like Windows 10, so it would be feasible,

Attached: 1526238970142.jpg (1280x654, 85K)

Protip: Nokia Symbian smartphones were smarter than your current "smartphone".

Attached: Nokia-N8-770.jpg (1200x1200, 108K)

this, pick your poison

Symbian was an actual smartphone OS, though.
But it didn't make up 41.5% of the market. It didn't even hold enough to get a dedicated slot.
And what the fuck else was there? Because other than Symbian I actually can't think of any real smartphone OS's that weren't listed.
Hence, there's no fucking way the chart doesn't include at minimum a chunk of feature phones that meet a specific "feature" requirement(probably a shitty capacitive touch screen).

Idgaf. Used to be nerdy when younger now I just work with stuff as it rolls by default.
The Linux kernel is smaller so it's better suited for handheld devices. Lol at design. Microsoft already had the Lumia series now it gave it back to Nokia who decided to give you vanilla Android.
nokia.com/en_us/phones/android

Symbian was the biggest smartphone OS until 2012 though.

Attached: StatCounter-os_combined-ww-monthly-200901-201804.png (1280x720, 258K)

Never asked if you give a fuck or not you edgy faggot I asked you if it looks good or not with some little modification, Just neck yourself already you are waste of precious air.

I had one like this years ago.
Was slow af. Buggy too.

Attached: 26792409.nokia-e71.jpg (550x529, 69K)

Tablets are also Android, though.

>android makes up 80% of the entire universe
>iOS only 20%
>apple is somehow the richest company in the universe
How does that even happen

They had symbian s40 on the lower end phones. Barebone features on the same platform. It counted in the sub 100usd devices too.

"duopoly" yeah call it that if you want. The only significant market apple penetrates is America and it's first world allies. Everyone else is almost completely Android.

>average Android phone sells for 99$
>average iOS phone sells for 499$
gee I wonder how

You missed your daily dose of pills.
Windows phones already looked like that.
Go check a review on YouTube.

what are emulated x86, checkmate atheist

Because there isn't a monopoly on the android market and the profits are distributed among the different companies?
While apple controls every part of the ecosystem android is a loser amalgamation of companies?

Apple users pay a premium for devices with reduced features to then also pay a premium to restore those features. E.g. AirPods or hub that can charge and run USB devices and do video out to a display.

And then the nearly unservicable crap fails and they pay again for a newer model because it only costs a little more than a repair with original, tightly Apple controlled parts.

>USA
>Canada
>UK
>Australia
>Japan
Apple dominates there amongst the middle class young people.
The design is simple. The interface good.
Otherwise battery and signal utter shit.
Software glitches like with a custom rom Xiaomi.
iPhone is a status symbol for wannabes.

Apart from that, Android is an open ecosystem with many companies involved. Of course if it was only Google alone they might be richer than Apple. But the Android user base pretty strongly wants the open ecosystem.

The only thing all Android users want is Google's dick in their mouth.

Ah Win32, too bad nobody ever supported it....

>desktop applications on a phone touchscreen count as apps

No. S40 is not and has never been Symbian.

It's not the same OS and doesn't have the same features.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Series_40

>symbian s40

No such thing. Symbian is Symbian. S40 is S40. No relation between them.

Attached: 1483974252562.jpg (650x412, 70K)

And thats a good thing!
Here's why:

Whatever. You are smart and I am stupid. Both of us will grow old and die alone in misery.

Well then go ahead and get a 10yo Nokia and post from that here.

Symbian is S60, for the most part. S40 was only Java, no (Symbian) smartphones.

All android isnt the same.

I'd need a time machine to access Jow Forums from 10 years ago. I bet the captcha wouldn't work.

Windows 8 metro never looked good

Unfortunately

This post was sent from my Nokia N800

>mfw never got to experience BBOS10 in its heyday
who am i kidding, it never had one. however, i really do prefer it over Android

It had more exploits than features. Ending a call freezing the OS and other bugs that were never fixed on top of that.

BULLSHIT

SOLID HARDWARE AS ALWAYS