THANK YOU BASED INTEL

youtube.com/watch?v=um-1fAVU1OQ

THANK YOU BASED INTEL

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 186K)

>not using hooktube for Linus shill tips

Not giving a view

Linus is based af and /ourguy/

go fucking kill yourself

lol, shut up bitch

tldw: He doesn't have drivers, and can't get it to display anything (not even VESA). He basically just talks about the history of intel's gpu efforts for a while. I hadn't followed that at all, so it was vaguely interesting, but probably not worthy of a 14min video.

Attached: 1508802880416.jpg (1035x1280, 92K)

fuck off sissy cunt

but how else is he supposed to fit the 3 2min long ads and the whole intro?

>"intels first and only GPU"
>first
>only

Intel develops tiny gpus that can handle games with regular RAM, imagine full scale GPU

They've done it in the past and they kinda stucked.
The i740.

>i740
It was my very first GPU, kind of a shame I was too dumb to keep it and threw it away years ago.

They're not worth /that/ much, see them going on ebay for ~$25-40.
But their kinda nifty for it being an odd ball item.
But Nvidia and S3 cards just blow it the fuck out with DOS and DirectDraw compatibility.

$400 down the drain. Enjoy having a coaster.

Raja Koduri you backstabbing piece of shit

Manletcuck SoÿTips belongs on
Begone with your marketing shill faggot whose target audience is the banable age on Jow Forums.

This. Based linus. The inventor in linux

That's why ManletCuck fans and his channel should be banned from Jow Forums.
Much like he is a tech illiterate retard marketer, his audience mirrors him and then comes to Jow Forums to reduce its already low IQ by a few dozen numbers more.

GREATEST ALLY

Attached: 1522799320932.jpg (300x280, 27K)

Either post a link to a tech article or fuck off back to /v/ or Jow Forums.
Using tech as a meta excuse to advertise marketing channels is a rule violation.
Fuck off with your cucktips.

I think he looks secretly sad in the thumbnail :/

He's a manlet with a micropenis that forced him to settle for a roachmonster-looking Asian as a partner. Of course he's gonna suffer from chronic sadness.

>implying you fucking matter compared with the millions subsribers who suck his cock

>a few hundred thousand underage
>mattering
>on Jow Forums
>on Jow Forums where underage is bannable
The retard has awoken.

Oh, nice. Larrabee 2.0!

Attached: 1526145768562.png (1066x600, 429K)

How did he go from creating the Linux kernel to this.

He's a kike puppet

Linus gets nothing through youtube revenue.

If he wasn't a puppet ready to sodomize himself on YouTube, he wouldn't get any "free" products from companies.
There's nothing free in this world, something must always be traded. In his case his credibility, soul, free time, energy, and image.

He paid 400 dollary doos for a fake GPU someone scrabbled together using an old Radeon

BUT THAT CORSARE GAYMEN MICE RIGHT

Ahhahhhahahahhaha
>linustechtips created Linux
Ahhahahahahhhhaahahahahahhhaha

you enjoying the hook in your mouth buddy?

real relationships are never easy, but at least he isn't a bitter jealous virgin and a narrow-minded racist prick, like (you).

He's helping people to understand the technology better. Millions of people are learning from his videos every day. He's rich, famous and successful. If his videos were bad he wouldn't get such a big audience.

Meanwhile you are just spreading offensive antisemitic racist memes from /pol.
See the difference?

It would be really nice to build a pure Intel/Intel system. I know that you can use Intel built-in graphics and they are really great, but if Intel could also BTFO ayymd in discrete GPU market, like they triumphantly did in the CPU segment, it would be fabulous. One day, one day...

>real relationships are never easy
Only if you are a retard or a NEET.
>but at least he isn't a bitter jealous virgin and a narrow-minded racist prick, like (you).
So your arguments are buzzword Strawmen?
You can insult the messenger all you want, won't change the message. Take a hike with your marketing shill my underage little boy.

reddit.txt

Video summary: 15 minutes talk about intels shitty GPU history, trying to power on a broken prototype card but failing, shilling form some RGB mouse.
If you know what Larrabee is then the video is pointless

You must be new around here.

You must feel silly now

Attached: 1499963016439.jpg (691x771, 112K)

My pentium from 2005 had an igp
This was on the chipset not on the gpu.
Intel has been making shitty gpus way before the icores.
Their older gpus had a compatibility list because they were so much shit.
Then intel copied what amd published in a roadmap slide about integrated gpu on the cpu.
The did it the glued way, like they did multicores with pentium d and the core2 era. Their igpus are not aware of the cpu and they act independently.
Amd published their first apu later than what intel managed to make a glued icore with a shitty gpu.
Amd's approach was just like the first dual core athlon, they had a hUMA cpu and gpu. Amd kaveri implements almost all features of HSA 1.0.
Intel had a failure on the gpu market with larabee.
After that they took the pentium and got another pentium based product to save them. They got the xeon phi. Now xeon phi is kill, altera sucks balls since the acquisition and their opencl acceleration is shit, pooinloo was hired to make a gpu.
No vesa means that the card is not even close to ready or useless as a gpu.
If you don't implement vesa, you cannot call it a gpu.

He made the linux kernel, Why are you guys suddenly mad at him?

Or...he painted some old radeon and made a video to shill products to idiots.

gnu/Linux was created by Linus "RMS" Stallman.

This is some other Linus. Don't be so ignorant.

Linus torvalds made linux.
Linus tech tips made gnu/linux.
Richard stalman made gnu.
Pootering made systemd/linux

Born in 1889 died in 1945

Tunnelbear is the simple vpn app that makes it easy to browse privately and enjoy a more open internet. With tunnelbear turned on, your connection via landline or Wi-Fi is secured and your online activity is kept private from your internet provider advertizers, hackers and anyone else who's trying to track you or profit from your data. They have a top rated privacy policy and they do not log your activity and you can try it for free, with 500 megabytes of free data and no credit card required over at the link in the description. And, if you choose to get an unlimited plan you can save 10 percent by going to tunnelbear.com/LTT also linked in the video description, actually the same link; Yeah!

sounds amazing!

haha the Larrabee card didn't even pass boot Lmao at your life.
THAT said I hope linus gets the drivers for this thing it would be nice to see it going.

And interestingly the i740 proc went on to be a massive success in various device and controllers for almost a decade. Ran everything from nics to robot systems.

ayy

Attached: intel_core2_duo_inside.png (377x469, 174K)

so this is basically what the ps3's gpu was supposed to be? All in software?

fuck linux tech tips i only use windows

>this thread

Attached: 1496176773451.png (398x460, 47K)

hey Linus, how much do you pay for ad space (threads) in Jow Forums?

I'm only mad that I didn't think of bait this good.

yeah no, that must different chip

are you really that new or is pretending this shit fuckign meme is original a meme itself

He will make over $1k from the video easily. Got two sponsors in the video itself and many other ads which cucks watch on YouTube.

i740 was bretty good for the price back in the days, the main issue was that everything was more optimized for Glide than for OGL/D3D.

>Jow Forums where underage is bannable
HAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHA
you're fucking kidding right
90% of this site are fucking children

Imagine how much spyware that gpu could hold.

This thread really just sucks
OP doesn't actually talk about the video at all, just a fucking link.

I watched the video in my spare time already.
You can spoil the fucking video if you want, you'll get more discussion about this if you did.

I never heard about the card until this video.
And a cool discussion on the card instead of this shill thread would have been great

>It would be really nice to build a pure Intel/Intel system. I know that you can use Intel built-in graphics and they are really great, but if Intel could also BTFO ayymd in discrete GPU market, like they triumphantly did in the CPU segment, it would be fabulous. One day, one day...
Just run GNU/Linux. Their iGPUs have the best drivers out there, and nothing can match them, especially considering they're libre software.

Its actually larrabee 1.0

Kys faggot

>THANK YOU BASED INTEL
Yes THANK YOU BASED INTEL for NEVER ACTUALLY RELEASING THIS PIECE OF SHIT

>He basically just talks about the history of intel's gpu efforts for a while.
Which is has zero knowledge about since he was repeating over and over how this thing in the hand is the first intel gpu ever

will the drivers be open source?
will this work just as well with an AMD CPU?

my life would be happier if i was mentally challenged like this guy

Can't tell if bait or newfag

> Project Larrabee
This is really clickbaity considering it's 10 year old tech.

>the first intel gpu ever
some of us remember when GPU meant TnL capable

Also it doesn't even work, what the fuck, OP? 15 minutes long video where this faggot waves around this brick w/Intel logo, then plugs it into a PCIE slot and it does not work. 15 MINUTES you junk piece of shit nigger hipster faggot trash.

>some of us remember when GPU meant TnL capable
No that is what nvidia wanted GPU to mean

I heard one of these songs for the first time yesterday, was ok

is this guy really too stupid to just output using a different video output or ssh in, and run an lspci?

this

he gets all his money from product placement and in video ads anyway desu

>a simple triangle rasterizer which rapes both the CPU to do matrix transformations and the bus to transmit these triangles is processing graphics
I'm sorry, but Nvidia was right on this one. A dumb chip which just draws triangles on a screen should be called a triangle rasterizer (accelerator sounds too good for what it was).

>HE WATCHED LINUS VIDEO
laughingwhores.png

>No that is what nvidia wanted GPU to mean
at least there was some reason behind the term

He's using windows

>at least there was some reason behind the term

>GPU term existed before, just not on mass consumer market
>lets say only our stuff is worthy of being called a GPU because it has a specific feature we made and everything else is a meme
Yes, purely marketing reasons.

questions

I don't know why Intel doesn't release discrete GPUs, they have all the money in the world and they just hired AMDRTG's Raja and Chris Hook.

A 3rd competitor would be great for consumers.

Hes trying to run it on a modern motherboard.

He should try one from the time it was made that might post

Thanks for this post, saved me 10 minutes

Your tech channel didn't go so well, huh?

what's the tl;dw?
are they finally trying to compete with amd/nvidia on the desktop market or is this another mediocre laptop gpu?

This is a xeon phi prototype but for gayms

How sad is someone's life if they get butthurt over linustechtips ?

Attached: bullshit.jpg (720x438, 58K)

literally no drivers.

>meltdown GPU

Attached: 1524276016303.jpg (1000x1000, 87K)