/spg/ - Smartphone General

Your phone better have a IP 67 or 68 rating or you are living dangerous

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX (embed) (embed)

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>Recent news
phonearena.com/news

Attached: water.jpg (4096x2729, 906K)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bankid.bus
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-13/trump-says-he-xi-working-to-bring-back-china-s-banned-zte
nokia.com/en_int/phones/android
banggood.com/Xiaomi-Mi-MIX-2-Global-Bands-5_99-inch-6GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Snapdragon-835-Octa-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1198702.html
aliexpress.com/item/Global-Version-Original-Xiaomi-Mix-2s-Mix2s-5-99-FHD-Snapdragon-845-6GB-RAM-64GB-ROM/32866672097.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

posting this here too because I'm an impatient shit

>using lineageos with the opengapps pico package
>most minimal amount of google bloat
>disabled and restricted as much as I could without breaking the play store
>still like 7 of googles background processes running at all times
>drains mobile data and causes about 20% of my battery consumption
>get branded a tinfoil hatter for not wanting anything to do with google

I want to degoogle my phone entirely and use Yalp Store instead - but I'm reliant on this app for banking verification and accessing my medical records. play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bankid.bus
Do these kinds of verification apps require verification via Google, or does the info run by the app store in any way? Like if I get it from Yalp and use it, could a Yalp developer theoretically steal some type of key or bank info or whatever?

sori for bein dum
but please respond

love, user

you sound like an indian faggot

suck my asshole pakistani shit lover
and also please help

I want a new phone.
Country Japan
What I want the most is a great camera and I would love if I can customize the phone to ditch google crap this is a plus and not mandatory.
budget the cheaper the better.
thank you

red pill me on the nokia 6.1, I don't know much about phones and looking for something to replace my iphone 6 and move away from ios

V20.

iPhone x

>banking and accessing sensitive medical records via smartphone
Are you retarded?

Nokia 6.1 is part of the Android One program so it has stock Android and should get Android updates on par with the Google Pixels.

It most likely won't happen, but I hope the Key2 has virtual buttons. Otherwise the new version of Android and its gesture navigation won't ever work.

Attached: blackberry-athena-keytwo-leak-angles-001-1280x1217.jpg (1280x1217, 144K)

So it won't get any updates after the 2 year mark?

b O O t
l O O p

Would be getting a s5 active for about $170 be a mistake? I want OLED and water resistance as I am outdoors quite a bit. I would love to get an S6 but they have no expandable storage.

sorry if I'm being difficult but I have no idea what this means or its implications

Streaming is the future. If you can’t afford $10 for Spotify and Netflix you might want a flipphone

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-13/trump-says-he-xi-working-to-bring-back-china-s-banned-zte
What 4d chess is this

It looks like it will get 2 years worth of updates: nokia.com/en_int/phones/android

I'm not accessing them VIA the smartphone, it's just two-factor authentication.

I recommend reading up on the Android One program. Basically, instead of getting a version of Android filled with bloatware that you can't remove, you get a stock version of Android.

>paying for Spotify and Netflix. Cuck

bit old surely there is something better out there
too expensive

>not even supported as long as a samshit phone
Into the fucking trash it goes.

>hey user wanna see a movie?
>yeah, just let me up search up for a torrent in a 1080p release with enough seeds and without hardcoded subtitles and move it into my phone. It should be ready in 20 minutes

>maybe we should listen something instead
>what artist you like. Lemme set up the private tracker and download their discography in flac and then move it into my phone

What would be your perfect smartphone /spg/?

me
LG V30 with 4k OLED display and 8gb of RAM

>implying stock android isn't bloat you can't remove
>implying the shortest window of support is acceptable
No

>4K
>5”

So you are retarded

Samshits also only get 2 years' worth of updates.

Given that the general public doesn't care about video or audio quality of almost any media, the two scenarios of yours are easily achievable right on YouTube.

2 years is not enough? I mean yeah, I'd like 5 years of support but that ain't gonna happen.

>watching movies in YouTube
Lmao, enjoy your video in 1/4 of screen,cropped to avoid copyright

And your third class no-name budget films

>implying that I download shit
>implying that I Pay for streaming
being this retarded "Priceless"

So you are too poor to pay and too retarded to pirate?

Talk about useless. What you do? Stream videogayms on twitch and watch cropped tv shows on YouTube?

no user I stream movies and music for free. I make thousands of dollars a month but I just dont feel giving my money away to some billion dollar companies when you can do it for free, but if you do it go right ahead.

Sure you do, Hollywood better watch out from you mighty pirate :^)

>futureproofing for media
>bad

Attached: brainlet.jpg (989x1000, 71K)

>futureproofing
>hey imma horde movies I’ll only see once hahaha!

:^)

>showbox, Movie box,bobby movie
>tweakbox spotify
>should I continue?

pixel 2 or if you want really cheap whatever xiaomeme is popular and install gcam mod.
>blackberry getting updates

Damn, I’m sure you are destroying capitalism from your iPhone x

Applet fags cant even greentext

Just riddle me this - how is this relevant to a smartphone general and how did you turn this into an opportunity to brag?

I didn't say anything about that.

He’s an appletard. He trying to fool himself after asking a loan for his $1k toy

Wrong, they get 3 and the flagship phones get 4.

>implying I have apple
have fun with your xiomyreminote chinkshit
>Back to my free streaming

i'm never going to buy a blackberry again after the mess they made with the priv

Anyone have experience with the XZ1 compact or XZ2 compact?
Is the XZ2 c substantially better in performance than the XZ1 c?

Sony ruined the stylish look of the XZ1 by going with generic curvy shit, and ditching the headphone jack was moronic.

Are those the only cons to the XZ2c? Is it a better performer in all other ways?

Thanks kind anons

Attached: sony.jpg (1280x720, 160K)

Anyone own a Pixel 2 here? How's the battery performance? The fact that it has a 2,700 mAh battery sets me off a little.

Hey Jow Forums, have about 500€ to spend on a phone
5T or S8 (Yurop has Exynos, so I dunno)
Or maybe wait for the OP6?
Any other suggestions?

Enjoy the one year of support left on it, lmao.

Nokia 6.1 will get two major version updates and three years of security updates, that's the same or better than most Samsung phones.

>Wrong, they get 3 and the flagship phones get 4.
Nice lies Samshill, Galaxy S6 just stopped receiving security updates after 3 years, 2016 Galaxy A3, J1 and J3 just after 2 years.

Wait for OP6, leaked price was 519€ for the 64GB version, 569€ for 128GB

My only gripe with OP is the support and early units always have a some sort of shitty thing
Also if they release a 6T I'll get mad
But might as well wait since the reveal is this week

Is the redmi note 4 still worth it? I can get an S5 for the same price should I do that instead?

Attached: Miiyano.gif (700x625, 470K)

Retard

Attached: Screenshot_20180515-004655.png (1134x521, 74K)

MI A1, Redmi 5+, or G5? Fuck if I know anything about phones.

Redmi Note 5

>not supported in less than two years
Wow you totally showed him.

>October 2020
>less than two years
Another retard

at least they think it's the future and not still 2017 or 2005 or some shit lol

Buying flagship phones is dumb both of you faggots are dumb. Get a cheap phone and upgrade annually so you never have to bother worrying about support.

Is the S7 still worth it?

updates are a meme; literally a talking point used exclusively by iToddlers (who love to neglect to mention their precious updates cripple their devices)

>encrypt my phone on LineageOS
>didn't backup
>half of my apps are gone

Attached: 208fa04aecf3e225d45176ad41b22d14215c3efdc887593e2e58c4911d7f6adf.jpg (400x473, 75K)

>futureproofing
>buying gimmicks just because

Guess what? There are developer friendly Android devices that can get far more updates than any OEM is willing to provide.

I have been saving money for months (500 euros currently) and I still do not have enough for a Huawei P20 pro.

Maybe I should just get a OP6... ;_;

yeah, by Pajeet and Vladoslav

Do I want the Mix 2 for $354.99 or the Mix 2s for $529.89?

banggood.com/Xiaomi-Mi-MIX-2-Global-Bands-5_99-inch-6GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Snapdragon-835-Octa-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1198702.html

aliexpress.com/item/Global-Version-Original-Xiaomi-Mix-2s-Mix2s-5-99-FHD-Snapdragon-845-6GB-RAM-64GB-ROM/32866672097.html

Attached: mummy.jpg (2000x1000, 271K)

Just try it out. If it doesn't work without google play services just get microg and see if it fixes it.

Is TWRP a botnet?

Any XZ1 compact or XZ2 c owners ITT?

>yeah, by Pajeet and Vladoslav
This is your brain on Jow Forums.

Any Russian user here? I'm looking for a S8 or S8+ to replace my trusty Note 5 but what the heck is going on on avito? Why are there so many cheap sells for like more than 150 bucks? Do you guys have any trick in reading description and checking out images for legit stuff among the fake ones? It would be safest to buy an used one from 20k up but I don't want to miss out on some really good deals from unfortunate/less informed sellers.

anyone use redmi note 5 global version on cricket/at&t? How's the 4g coverage for you?

LOS15.1 official should be out for s5 soon... Right?
It seems unofficial is pretty much good now with the latest update

Attached: 1526010003618.png (522x515, 767K)

>Moto Display
>LCD

Attached: CMAOk-AWwAEjxbH.jpg (575x556, 33K)

the only difference is the camera.

Where do I buy a smartphone for cheap without any service at all?

My s6 active got an update a few weeks ago

XZ2C here. Never had tge XZ1C.
I like it. Great battery life. Awesome mix of having a large screen on a tiny body

Your rom is shit if you have battery drain problems. Removing Google apps won't fix the underlying problem.

Any P10 users wanna share experiences

preferably from worst to best

Attached: Huawei-P10-14.jpg (4127x2751, 750K)

do amoleds still turn yellow?

need to buy a new phone, have a lenovo k5 i had to buy in europe when my oneplus 3 kicked it over christmas, any suggestions? in canada, looking to spend like 700ish. preferably something not loaded with bloatware that i can buy direct from manufacturer

OH NO NO NO NO NO

GOOGLE: NOTCHED
ONEPLUS: NOTCHED
LG: NOTCHED

Only Samsung stands UNNOTCHED

Attached: Screenshot_20180514-213344_Samsung Internet.jpg (1439x1696, 591K)

What should I replace my moto e2 with?

Attached: 1524849600311.png (455x622, 278K)

Sony is cool too . . .

moto g6

htc 10 shitting itself what should i replace it with, dont wanna go any bigger

Wrong
2S has an 845
2 has an 835

well that also but is not a major difference

30% better battery life is not a major difference?

>first picture of the device on their website is of some nigger popping out of the phone to presumably commit larceny
not off on the best foot there motorola

Attached: moto-g6-pdp-fullbleedhalf-screen-d.jpg (3840x1896, 729K)

>larceny
more like raep face

whynotboth.webm

Attached: mpvshot [ShadyCrab] Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - S01E14 [BD][1080p][Hi10][Dual][9E797E13].mkv_0 (1920x1080, 305K)

there is literally no reason to buy a western phone thanks to xiaomis. Stop getting ripped off

That's how it usually works

IPhone SE 2 when? I can't use android.