Is audiophile cables like this worth it?

Is audiophile cables like this worth it?

Attached: 1526043943393.jpg (1280x853, 188K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H07NpWk_Xf8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ok

Attached: 1526043421639.jpg (700x525, 61K)

nice try Anaconda

Attached: 1503941938241.jpg (692x555, 41K)

looks like python or anaconda

what the actual fuck is going on in this picture? looks like a tube amp and a couple huge speakers? wtf??

Absolutely not, unless you have the dispensible income and are purely buying them for appearance (but they are ugly to me)

>his cables don't have six inches of EM shielding
lmao enjoy your noisy signals fag

wrong

they shield interferance in sounds from cables

What the fuck.

Those use very wide but thin ribbons of silver/gold/copper instead of traditional wire for conductors. That’s why so thick.

the sad thing is if those cables weren't so thick they could be half the length resulting in less db loss

yes and you should buy them. they also have usb ones for your computer, buy them too

>beer can sized capacitors
>football sized tubes
>those fucking cables
The fuck am I looking at?

Attached: 1523316197498.png (522x586, 276K)

You new senpai?

Eyyyy, nothing like spending $10k on a Cardas or Nordost USB "purifier"

yeah i guess so, this thread is full of jelly poorfags like my self.

i'd love to go full audiophile user's
But not keen on paying those power bills lol

A meme

when did andy design a fucking cable

Physical Geometry of Cables does effect impedance. Proof: see 75ohm coax cable

I can hear a difference between a shifty microphone mmcx cable and good 4core twisted pair silver cable but then it stops.

Law of diminishing return. What gets me about audiophiles is you don't need super expensive cables if your amp is inside the speaker. I have some lm1875 chip amps literally a centre meter from my driver and ribbon tweeters and feed them digital crossover.

Friendly reminder analogue crossovers / filters have a huge amount of compromises with phase shifting and attenuation.

>Those mega shielded anaconda big $$ cables
>plugged into $.50 quad outlet connected to 12 AWG Armourlite

I need to get into this business, rich people spending money on literally nothing.

You realize this is at an audio show. Audiophiles replace the inwall romex when they run dedicated lines.

I'm willing to bet that it's just standard conduit or metal clad running to that receptacle.

Do they also run special lines out to the transformer?

Doubt it. Hardcore run off batteries.

We already have an audio cable thread.

Assuming for the sake of argument that all this audiophile stuff is significantly beneficial to the sound, wouldn't it still be pointless since the people who made the music don't use that sort of equipment?

How is this different than buying a hypothetical 512k resolution screen to enjoy current movies?

Attached: 1525973157125.png (800x800, 84K)

you know, thats not even half as stupid as the cables
that actually makes sense

You should look at some of the $$$$ stereo set ups on yachys, elaborate battery power. Then the guys building those supplies started marketing for home use.

*yachts

It’s just a hobby friendo. You should go to a brick and mortar and listen to their two channel set ups. Then have them swap cables for you.

Whether they're doing it as a hobby or as a job is irrelevant.
All I'm asking is whether or not there is an actual benefit to listen through that equipment even if actually works.

All I’m saying is go listen to one with your own ears and make up your own mind.

I don't have trained ears to know the difference.
I just want to know, for someone with good ears and the best audiophile setup, does it make sense to listen to music made with far inferior equipment?

Shouldn't they strive to get the closest possible thing to what the studios use (or even just the most linear responses) to experience the music as intended by the creators?

You’re asking if someone who uses 4chins has experience with multi thousand dollar stereo setups. user...I

I'm not.

Anyone with knowledge about how audio works would be able to know what kind of benefit those things can have.

In fact, I don't want the personal opinion/experience of some random person on a forum.
I'm just asking if it makes sense at all.

As I understand it it's likely a double lossy compression scheme.

The quality drops once from the initial recording and then drops again once you listen to it, these mitigate the second drop.

audiophiles are insane retards

But isn't that second listen the same thing that the mixing and mastering engineers go through when working on the song?

Are audiophiles trying to listen to the closest possible thing to what came out of the microphone (disregarding all the processing that said signals went through, on non-audiophile equipment)?

No, it’s a hobby and individuals have their own agenda.

There are things that make a difference and things that don't. The anacondas connecting everything do not do anything, besides cue a cognitive bias. We have much more economical wiring to do the essential job of connecting our devices to each other.
Speakers do a real difference, and it would do you well to get ones that work as well as you can be bothered. There are all kinds of ways a speaker can be bad, directivity, resonances, port turbulence, etc. Why not limit to limit it to ways you find acceptable?

Is there any hobby/subculture that surpasses the smuggery of audiophiles?

Attached: 1283558740311.jpg (337x409, 48K)

The post you're replying to already assumes that it does make a difference.
That's not what he's asking.

So it's ultimately just placebo?

how dare you reply to me?

It’s ultimately something you’ll never be able to afford anyways, so sure call it placebo if that makes you feel better.

how dare you reply to me

looks like babe the blue ox took a shit desu

Some other posts don't suggest the line of thought, even that is what was asked.
If it made a difference, it could be worth pursuing. This conversation wouldn't be happening then.
There are lots of things that don't make a meaningful difference or little difference, and scenarios that would have to be invented purely to make the difference audible, that could be attended to in reality first.

>does it make sense to listen to music made with far inferior equipment?
Yes, studios fight to get their sound as desired.
They don't always get it, but they work with it.

>snake oil
>they actually look like snakes

interesting

yes, it's totally worth it.
Just like having a rolex allows you to tell the time better than a normal watch.

So much shielding but the connector is still exposed

Yay audiofools

Attached: aVPWKa0.jpg (657x527, 35K)

Ultralight hiking

yeah what in god's name
you could fit all the audio hardware in those cables

Sounds better than a live show man :^)

Ultra audiophiles usually listen to audiophile oriented releases, they're extremely limited and usually just prog rock, classical, jazz or enka.

you can be a audiophile and still lessen to 320kb streaming audio.

most of audiophiles are about picking the "color" of the DAC in your phone/laptop/soundcard/motherboard etc.

the actual high level audiophile stuff about clean power and stuff is the minority of audiophiles.

cosplay?

okay, riddle me this - cable got half meter EM shielding but connectors themselves a. not soldered/welded b. OPEN no shielding at all

if this doesn't convince you those people are insanely stupid I don't know what will.

How did Doggo get inside the tube!?!

or you know, going to a live concert which is cheaper, heck you can follow several groups around the world x10 cheaper than all that garbage costs

all those people are at the age of 55+
i'm 30 and can't hear above 16k already, can't imagine how bad their hearing is

wanted to say vintage ww2 airplanes, but those guys are chill

youtube.com/watch?v=H07NpWk_Xf8
Mandatory "witness the insanity" video to watch.

>Is audiophile cables
Learn English you dumb nigger

>dispensible income
kek

horology

>wouldn't it still be pointless since the people who made the music don't use that sort of equipment
listen to better artists

Not for the sake of music