ITT I tweak the AMD Ryzen APU to make it worthy of my free market purchasing power

ITT I tweak the AMD Ryzen APU to make it worthy of my free market purchasing power
Preface:
>I refuse to buy a graphics card lol they're so expensive
>I'm a hardcore gamer, but only aspire to 60 fps on titles that are slightly dated
The mods I would make to the chip design are as follows
>Increase the package size to that of threadripper
>Soldered TIM
>512 MB of HBM3 cache for the graphics
>Beefier graphics, by roughly, 35%
>250 US dollar pricepoint
>6 core varient at 300 USD that comes with Amanda figurine

Attached: stf,small,600x600-c,0,0,1000,1000.u1.jpg (1000x1000, 166K)

I guess it would also necessitate the existence of a bargain TR4 mobo

It makes more sense to buy a NUC

You want half a Threadripper with a big Vega and HBM? I'll guess $400 and 220W

hey i have that sticker

Attached: 2017-10-28 18.24.10.jpg (4000x3000, 3.38M)

No I want to be poor and comfy DESU

Noice

>Amanda
Amada

>No I want to be poor and comfy DESU
then get a 2200G

That's artificially cheap though
Having glued tim is really shitty when you're doing double duty as gpu + CPU
I did some quick maths 175/16=10 dollars + 25 dollar packaging = 35 dollars for 512 MB of HBM cache
Maybe double since we're talking HBM3

Forgot image

Attached: Screenshot_20180514-232409.jpg (1504x1344, 917K)

And my maths are fucked
150/16 = 9.3 bucks + 25 "packaging" = 34.3

I would fucking buy it if it wasn't glued lmao
but as long as I'm correcting AMD's mistakes by denying them my money I'm going to have a masterbatory fantasy about the possibilities of a souped up APU

Oh shit now I have to buy it, this is the only game I play

Attached: Screenshot_20180514-233728.jpg (982x265, 64K)

This is not happening anytime soon. AMD is working on getting HBM3 as next-level system cache/RAM. This is aimed for a chip design around 2020-2021 ish

Path of Exile is like Diablo 3 and can run full 1080P on a fucking GT 640 2G

Tera is also fucking dated as fuck.

Not today bro but we're getting there. Now we have 2200G and 2400G. Check out Intel Hades Canyon NUC. This was uncalled 5 years ago

How can this be true when we just got a new dungeon :<
I just bought a 16 GiB RAMs battlestation with 2400G did I do gud? Maybe I'll upgrade by 2022 once everything gets fully optimized with this
Until then I can buy a graphics card once they release new ones that still sell at msrp

New maps mean jack shit, it's still running on the same engine as when it was released.

No company is going to release new maps on a whole new engine for released games for free.

AMD TIM is like 10 times better than Intel TIM.
Doesn't bother me for a budget CPU.

I mean, yeah? There's tons of games that run great on a 2200G because they aren't demanding at all.
A friend of mine made a computer with like an A6 APU 5 years ago and ran PoE at 40-60 fps on it fine. lmao.
2200G is literally what 90%+ of PC users ought to be using.

>16 GiB
I hope you bought a 3200Mhz or more for Ryzen APUs.

The smallest HBM2 stack currently available is 4-Hi, i.e. it's 4 gigs.

>TR4 sized APU
Everyone has already thought of this. It was planned at some point. It was dropped not long after because it would be far too niche and soon enough dedicated cards will be normal price anyway. After that happens the only use in a TR4 APU would be for DIY SFF machines, which are quite frankly a niche and a small one.
The cost, other than the money needed to develop such a product, would be segregating the currently very tight and clear cut TR4 market, as these APU certainly couldn't be quad channel or have 64 PCI-E lanes if you want them to be cheap enough to be worth considering, unless you want to sell at a loss and dig into Ryzen 7's sales. So you'd have the TR4 CPUs that can take advantage of every single aspect of the motherboard you just bought, and the APUs that simply can't. This is exactly what Intel did with Kaby Lake X and everyone rightly hated them for it. Granted, Kaby Lake X also cut off the integrated graphics, but still

Depends on the board, no point in getting an X board when a G350/450 makes more sense with a 2200/2400G, and they only support 2933 so far, as a matter of fact RR doesn't support more than 2933 according to anandtech
You did great man, I have the same but with a RX 580 Nitro+