Ganoo/lincucks just wo

ganoo/lincucks just wo...

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-05-15 04-06-08.png (1267x697, 453K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-Eh7zIrl8bw
glassdoor.com/Salary/Linux-Foundation-Salaries-E31915.htm
github.com/streamlink/streamlink
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Had a discussion with some autistic faggot a few days ago on Jow Forums who insisted stuff like this never happens and that even if it does it's easy to fix. Toppest of keks.

It's actually one of the simplest solutions under the fucking sun, and you have no idea just how stupid you are. Nerds like you just make these thinly veiled tech support threads so that buttmad neckbeards will give you help, but I'm gonna call you out on your bullshit right now. Get fucked kid.

Attached: 1411526249998.jpg (499x374, 32K)

should've installed openbsd

Oh, and by the way.

Attached: screen07.png (1920x1080, 759K)

>using twitch

Works I guess. Doesn't change the fact Linux desktop is a dumpster fire.

Attached: 2018-05-15-101321_1024x768_scrot.png (1024x768, 373K)

>uses linux
>can't fix simple video playback issue

Attached: zerofag.jpg (800x450, 25K)

>linux just werks
>its not
>BUT YOU JUST NEED TO FIX IT, ITS SO SIMPLE HOLY SHIT

Linux desktop is great is you like customization. I use i3 as my WM and it's super comfy compared to Windows.

>Works I guess. Doesn't change the fact Linux desktop is a dumpster fire.
Works on my PC. Install a distro that doesn't suck niggerdicks. You have all these Archkiddies who tell vulnerable children to install their epic hacker distro, and then they complain when basic shit doesn't work in their minimalist fucking shitshells. OP is a dumbass and doesn't even have the most basic video playback dependency under the sun, not that I'm going to tell him what it is.
See above.

Attached: a566233f5fa55f6a461cb359f45e703eb33e28773d3ee96fa7191ed29c24caab.jpg (600x600, 21K)

it's fedora 28 so not really some autistic fag distro

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-05-15 04-23-33.png (797x359, 57K)

I use it only for that tbdesu. Playing with the UI is fun. Everything else in my case Windows can do better and faster.

>it's fedora 28 so not really some autistic fag distro
>Using RedHatshit
Literally the worst mainstream distro you can possibly use.

What can do Windows faster?

He's baiting you, don't bother.

Ehh , why don't you read a bit more about the OS before you install it on your machine? Fedora doesn't include a lot of media packages by default, and you can resolve this with RPM fusion/ simple web search.

You seem angry my friend, have you had your juice yet?

>lincuck users
>"WHY WON'T ANYBODY USE OUR OS?"

Attached: cryingfeelsguy.jpg (700x700, 56K)

have u try chrome or any chromium browser? they have built in vid player or maybe no gpu driver.

>tfw WINE is getting so good as of late that soon there will be literally zero reason to run Windows, even for the muh gaymes argument
I've been using GNU/Linux for 10 years now, and these new breakthroughs are giving me the strongest keks you've ever seen.

NieR Automata on GNU/Linux:
youtu.be/-Eh7zIrl8bw

Attached: 1516741535868.jpg (576x559, 35K)

Maybe I should try playing Nier:A in linux, it alwasy freezes in Windows at the second boss battle.

>Downloads a distro which doesn't come with nonfree codecs for various reasons.
>Wonders why sites which require them do not work.

Top kek

>doesn't use mpv with open with
You are inferior to me, OP

My line of work is video game asset creation, I imagine if I switched to Linux my workflow would be like 300% slower. And that's an optimistic scenario assuming I'd be cutting corners and using free software, most of the programs I use daily aren't even available for Linux.
I also need to be able to run games for obvious reasons.
Still, maybe sometime in the future someone will come in and clean up all this mess, there's too much fragmentation and completely no focus in Linux software development. It's like for every step forward there's two steps backwards because everyone is doing their own thing instead of working together.

brainlet filter :^)

Also, again, to twist the final nail in the coffin of the GNU/Linux has no games meme, it natively runs the best game ever made, so nothing else matters.
>My line of work is video game asset creation, I imagine if I switched to Linux my workflow would be like 300% slower. And that's an optimistic scenario assuming I'd be cutting corners and using free software, most of the programs I use daily aren't even available for Linux.
Photoshop CS6 allegedly works fine in WINE for most things. I unironically use GIMP for art because it's extremely lightweight, and has lots of good plugins. If you're talking about 3D assets, Blender is objectively the best modeler.
Personally, I write a shitload in my line of work so having a system that comes with all my LaTeX shit out of the box is fucking badass.

Attached: screen08.png (1920x1080, 857K)

what WM/DE is that? I'm doing a LFS build and haven't picked one yet.

Uhhh. I'm not sure how to respond to this post to be honest. But it seems you're dead set on proving me wrong so I should probably just let you have it.

I'm using XFCE with a custom theme, and some personal tweaks. I used WindowMaker for years because most desktop environments are shit, but XFCE is god tier. LXDE faggots need not apply. Also, good on you for your LFS build! It's something I think everyone should do at least once.
Good.

Attached: screen10.png (1920x1080, 137K)

Yeah Linux is a bit behind in terms of graphical design, but for sure isn't slower in everything else like you said. I always use Linux for code stuff, much more efficient. And just surfing the web and fucking around becomes more pleasant.

Looks like XFCE

The only thing that is good about Arch is their wiki. I install Debian though so I never need it.

>I don't have a codec
>Loonix sux
Is this windowsbabies first day on the loonix?

based animeposter

I've been using gentoo as my gaming pc OS for a few years now. I use to dualboot but got really tired of how sluggish windows was to do anything on the same hardware. The scene has been exceptionally hot over the last few months. Mostly due to dxvk. I played all the endings of nier on linux without any issues. Heard it was riddled with bugs on windows.

Oops!

Attached: Windows-10-BSOD-fLIKR.jpg (1366x768, 30K)

oh neat, a major windows update!
oh....

Attached: win10upgradeprogress.jpg (1440x1327, 501K)

Preferences->Content->Enable MSE for MP4
and
Enable MSE for WebM.
Thank me later.

>screenshot cropped as not to show what distro is being used

Attached: linus_torvalds_playing_quake.webm (560x416, 2.33M)

>is all good, something works on WINE

however, adobe illustrator, indesign, aftereffects and maxon c4d don't. not to mention any of the 'alternatives' having any integration with each other whatsoever. asking for that (or even acknowledgment that it's an issue) from freetard developers is like asking someone to paint the sky green.

maybe someone can beg Affintity to bring their fairly new vector and raster editors to gaaanoo, at least that would be SOMETHING (thei already sed no, cuz linux is too unreliable or some shit).

This is why Linux doesn't work

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-15 Programming Wisdom on Twitter If something is expensive to develop, and somebo (640x374, 52K)

Autistic faggots are the most delusional of posters. See: too autistic to function.

Imagine being so insecure about linux that you have a bunch of windows images saved just to spam threads with
LOOOOOOOOL

>LOOOOOOOOL
Get the fuck out

you called?

Attached: 2018-05-15-22:31:09-screenshot.png (1920x1080, 1.99M)

>running non-free codecs
kys

works in qutebrowser

cute!

rks.

Attached: 1519871922296.png (1366x768, 608K)

Uh oh

Attached: 1516914256589.jpg (3264x2448, 1.16M)

shit

Attached: 1524111901003.jpg (3072x1728, 1.31M)

FUCK

Attached: 1510406912159.jpg (600x450, 49K)

but people are getting paid to work on linux

isn't this a ram issue and not a windows issue

Mind sharing the start menu icon user? looks neat.

>hey Jow Forums how can I fix this problem I'm having?
>no replies
>fucking lincucks your meme OS is shit
>actually helpful replies

Attached: gsSK29x.png (200x193, 30K)

>he installed the gui instead of writing a two line alias

Attached: LightImaginaryArrowcrab-max-1mb.gif (200x200, 200K)

Works for me.
Debian stable with Chromium browser, flash disabled.

why not use streamlink and watch the stream in your media player of choice, without twitch ads? are you retarded

Do you literally even?

Attached: 2018-05-15-122506_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 429K)

no ads with ublock origin, chatty is garbage and browser will auto adjust quality accordingly to current connexion

yeah but not in the desktop side.

Man, it reminds me just how shitty Linux used to be a decade ago. This webm is great. We've come so far in so little time in the grand scheme of things.
Adobe Illustrator is literally useless, and I'm an opinionated cunt when anyone mentions it, but I'll give you the rest of those. The lack of productivity software really sucks, but that's not Linux's fault. I really want Adobeshit to eat a dick and die at some point.
glassdoor.com/Salary/Linux-Foundation-Salaries-E31915.htm
Here ya go user.

Attached: food.png (128x128, 6K)

You are using a live version of Fedora and complaining about no codecs? Are you retard or something?

I don't even use Fedora, but since version 28 you can simply check an option on the installer and you will be able to install whatever non-free codec that you want.

Fuck off.

Attached: Red Hat soy.jpg (1600x1200, 258K)

>using (((twitch)))

Attached: Screenshot_20180515_175024.png (972x531, 76K)

oh, the last time i used the website, the html5 ads were still going through ublock origin. nice to hear that that changed.
i still prefer watching in mpc-hc. i never cared about the chat, but you could always use the popout feature, so you have the chat in a browser window without the stream, in case you ever want to try streamlink.

how about with livestreamer and vlc/mpv gui

>livestreamer
livestreamer is dead, use streamlink

Massive improvement, I am such a brainlet for not thinking of that in the first place. Thanks dude.

What's the difference? Livestreamer seems to be working fine and is in the ubuntu repos. Are there any vulnerabilities in livestreamer that are patched in streamlink?

forgot screencap

Attached: Screenshot_20180515_202951.png (955x346, 56K)

you're fucking retarded

this

development on livestreamer stopped, last update was 2 years ago it seems
streamlink is a fork of it, and is also on the ubuntu repos

can't tell you for sure that there are vulnerabilities in livestreamer that are patched on streamlink, but apis breakage that are plenty
also, lots of new sites supported

the way I see is, no reason to keep using livestreamer when streamlink exists, since it's just a continuation of the former

but go ahead and decide for yourself
github.com/streamlink/streamlink

>epic hacker distro
What a fag, there's literally nothing especially difficult or unique about Arch, aside from pacman and the AUR.Choads like you are as bad as the imaginary Arch elitists you tell stories about.

Thanks dude, I'll try it.

>watching game streams
get the fuck off my board, mental invalid

Use Firefox Quantum, faggot.

Great isn't it? Winfags will still cry that it's too difficult to accomplish, though.

surely by best game ever made you mean nethack

>mental invalid
anime website!

Gentoo just werks

Attached: file.png (1280x696, 452K)

what's your point?

/thread

le troled xd

Why do you have the left side bar extended?

>the year is 3867
>mankind has made world peace in an attempt to pursue further at evolution
>technology has advanced beyond measure and the simplest pleasures are easy to attain
>poverty has ended, crime rates have plummeted significantly and happiness ratings are at an all-time high
>yet some people still waste their life arguing which operating system everyone should use instead of just using what you're comfortable with

Attached: toshiro.jpg (500x568, 43K)

Because I literally opened that website for the first time on this computer since I don't watch game streams.

anime

>>linux just werks
stealing excuses from fruit companies.

>league of plebs.
>msi
does it get worse than that?

>muh gaymen
>muh twitch
incel terrorist detected

yes

Attached: d3a019f501603417c242a7eae7b60302.jpg (764x1080, 276K)

dx11 when?

already happening

>What a fag, there's literally nothing especially difficult or unique about Arch, aside from pacman and the AUR.Choads like you are as bad as the imaginary Arch elitists you tell stories about.
Archfaggots tell everyone to use their shitty distro that is literally the worst distro of all fucking time. It's an unstable pile of fucking shit, and you tell everyone to install it and it causes them to hate GNU/Linux.

what are you using to show that? i use wireshark and sb.scorecardresearch.com does not show up

What source port of Quake is that? That doesn't look like Darkplaces to me.

>What source port of Quake is that?
FTE QuakeWorld.
>That doesn't look like Darkplaces to me.
God damn I keep trying to forget about that piece of shit. FTE has surpassed it in every way since Lord-I-mean Lady Havoc started working at Google.

Ah, good to know. I only used Darkplaces cause it had multi-monitor support. Guess I oughta try that port out.