Intel will be doomed? Considering more flaw found in cpu?

Intel will be doomed? Considering more flaw found in cpu?

Attached: 1523468232684.jpg (1229x1208, 373K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marketwatch.com/story/new-amd-chip-goes-after-10-billion-market-that-intel-dominates-2018-05-15
investopedia.com/news/amds-stock-may-rebound-12-better-outlook/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, but the next 3 years will be extremely painful for them.

marketwatch.com/story/new-amd-chip-goes-after-10-billion-market-that-intel-dominates-2018-05-15

investopedia.com/news/amds-stock-may-rebound-12-better-outlook/

guess professional & creator will stick to intel for stability

How the fuck is this an Opinion??
It's literally self-evident that AMD is trying to compete with Intel in the market for CPUs with integrated graphics

>TAM
>total addressable market
>stage lights / mic in profile pic
>AMD cheerleader zero content article

Attached: triggered.jpg (340x344, 16K)

What stability? Intel is getting hit by security patches left and right that hinder performance. How is it stable to lose 30% performance overnight? Do you have any idea how pissed big server clusters were that they lost 30% of their processing capabilities just like that?
Everyone was getting sick of Intel's shit and jewery. The fact that they have nothing now, and AMD is a worthy competitor, is just enough excuse for most people that care to jump over.

Intel is extremely fucked for the next 3 years, as Zen continues to develop into a more polished architecture in new smaller processes, and Intel is still stuck at 14nm++++ with no 10nm in sight on a monolithic architecture with shit yields. No amounts of "mindshare" or "stability" FUD can save Intel when they're trailing behind while also being more expensive due to their shit process.

less painful than the 3 previous years :)

Attached: 1526398909057.png (672x794, 293K)

Intel is still in 95% of the laptop of the market. No one is putting AMD in their design.

Attached: 1526399449167.png (653x726, 73K)

yeah its not like intel themselves are using AMD in their laptop components. that would just be terrible for intel's market dominance.

>No one
ThinkPad A475

There's a slow trickle of amd lobdobs being released

AMD flat out dosn't have anything to meet the power profile of the Pentium and i3 line of chips (yet) so Intel will likely still rule over the most lucrative part of the market, the sub $500 laptops since the vast majority of laptop sales are in that pricing bracket.
But with AMD pushing for die shrinks really REALLY aggressively, they could pick up that market too soon.

>most lucrative part of the market
Isn't that extremely unlucrative but high volume makes up for it?

Yes.
But fact of the matter is, due to volume it's worth more then any other facet of the consumer market for x86 chips.

>AMD flat out dosn't have anything to meet the power profile of the Pentium and i3 line of chips (yet)
That's absolutely false. The 2700U is a 4 core chip with integrated graphics rated at 15W TDP. That might not be good enough for high end gayming laptops, but it sure as fuck is amazing for a good notepad.

A few of the pentium chips are in the 6-10w power range.
That said, a I'm assuming 2700u would utterly destroy them. Wasn't aware that the new line of chips had a 15w die. Thought they lowest they were going was 25w, so thats neat to see. Hope AMD does aim for a sub 10w chip, if they get that then Intel really will be fucked on all fronts.

they are big guys

for you

They have a configurable tdp that can go down to 12 at the expense of clock speeds

>pcper
gee i wonder who could be behind that post

Zen2 will have hardware fixes for recently exposed security flaws.
Welp I know what 3700U is going in the wife's next laptop.

Intel has

Attached: file.png (602x753, 654K)