Released in 2011

>released in 2011
>
>has wireless charging
>has facial recognition software (albeit underutilized. only appears in Face Raiders)
>supports AR
>has double lenses
>still being updated to this very day
how can one little gaming company be so ahead of its time?

Attached: nintendo 3ds.jpg (739x550, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductive_charging
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

didn't have wireless charging idiot. dock had a connector on it

It's library was complete shit compared to ds. Second screen has a blue tint and lesser quality. It's virtual boy gimmick was so bad the rereleased it in "2d" but it's unfoldable design is ever worse than the 3ds

> released dragon quest
> censored with Nintendo memes

They only had one job

It only gets updated to prevent you from running homebrew, theres nothing thats of any use to the actual users

same basic concept. place the device down, it charges without needing to be plugged in. uses contact connectors.
not all wireless charging is Qi charging.

>little gaming company
>nintendo

nintendo was just a tiny little indie startup on the verge of collapse before the switch came along and saved the day

No, it's really not you fucking stupid moronic idiot head.

It still needs a wire connected to the base, and then the 3DS connects to the base so no, you liar, no it is not wireless charging.

@65951445

Attached: staring at post in disregard.jpg (528x628, 45K)

...and Qi bases don't need wires?

qi charging also uses wires to connect to the phone's charger lmao

If the energy is not transmitting through the fuckin air it ain't wireless charging.

I never even brought up fuckin Qi whatever you obvious cia nigs.

>It's library was complete shit compared to ds.
I can't agree with this more.
The DS had an amazing library, it felt like an extension to 4th+5th gen.
The 3ds on the other hand often had the worse gameplay design ideas from gen 6 and never shok them off to this day. Most 3ds games are trash, even from the series I normally love.

>It still needs a wire connected to the base, and then the 3DS connects to the base so no, you liar, no it is not wireless charging.
replace "3DS" with "phone" and you literally just described how chee charging works

it's wireless because the contact with the base uses no wires, caveman.
thus, it charges wirelessly. nothing to plug in.

Race to the bottom mobile shit and AAA gaymur shit ruined everything

Ill make wireless contact with your mom's base from here

To settle down. "Wireless charging" is generating a current in an coil within the device through eletromagnetic induction.

The PSP and Nintendo 3DS were waaaaay ahead of its time.

Attached: psp.png (580x250, 193K)

wireless charging is charging through wireless means. which is precisely what the nintendo 3ds does.

Touching the tip of two wires is not wire-less.

The definition of wireless charging requires the use of eletromagnetic induction. You fucking retarded child.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductive_charging

It's not wireless, the base charges it with two "pins", touching those golden contacts

Attached: 5589012414_41e27de0d7.jpg (500x333, 62K)

good thing the 3ds doesn't touch the tip of two wires.
it touches two contact points which are integrated into a mechanism that the charger plugs into.
ergo, the charging cradle doesn't contain actual wires. learn to read lmao

holy fuck
you
are
STUPID

the 3ds had not wireless charging.

the end.

daily reminder that contact pins are not wires.

good defense. not so good reading comprehension skills.
3/10

your mom has the good skills at comprehending muh dick though

WIREFAGS BTFO

Attached: crying from laughter.png (390x470, 6K)

your score has been lowered to 1/10. you'll get your two points back when you graduate 6th grade.
given your current reading level, that might take a couple tries.

Stop replying to him. He is clearly ~12 and haven't studied electro-magnetism yet.

Attached: pretending to be retarded.jpg (680x1671, 1.15M)

your mom takes a couple tries every night..................................................................................................................................................................................................................on muh DICK

Charging a device without directly using wires is wireless charging. It's not induction charging, but it is wireless. This isn't even up for debate. Case closed.

Niggers

it also renders at a whopping 240p!
and only supports 2,4ghz wifi

>lol don't reply to him even though he's right
grow up, children.
3ds supports its own proprietary brand of wireless charging and that's that.

no it's ok user. this is me btw: i find his juvenile sense of humor both intriguing and entertaining. he actually really trolled me well, and i appreciate that. life would be boring without a good laugh about my mom now and then.

in reality, the 3ds doe snot charge without wires - that is a misconception by several anons in this thread.

It's equivalent to saying the microusb qi adapters at mcdonalds make my phone support wireless charging, you stupid motherfucker. It doesn't at all, it's just plugged into something that does.

>it also renders at a whopping 240p!
not broke, don't fix it.
putting a 4K display on a handheld device would make it significantly more expensive, slower, bulkier and thicker. all because you wanted more pixels.
>and only supports 2,4ghz wifi
doesn't need more than that.

>It's equivalent to saying the microusb qi adapters at mcdonalds make my phone support wireless charging, you stupid motherfucker.
Because it does. That's literally what an adapter does. It makes your device support something it otherwise wouldn't support. It makes it adapt.
Jow Forums is the worst board

The adapter gets energy from the qi charger and sends it to my phone as if it's just a regular usb cable. So considering my phone as a system, the wireless charging is external to the system. Stop making a fool of yourself.

>makes contact
>wireless

Attached: 1521278437770.png (605x1062, 74K)

there is no need to be upset

Attached: there is no need to be upset.gif (300x169, 450K)

Please provide a definition for wireless charging from an authoritative source such as a dictionary or encyclopedia.

>makes contact (without the use of wires)
>wireless
yep, seems about right.

>no wireless charging
>Useless shitty toy

My first and last console

anti-sage bump

this thread is the best thread on Jow Forums right now. i have learned a lot about both wireless and, shall i coin the term "psuedo wireless" charging.

why would you want to sideline a meaningful and civil conversation like this one?

the end result of the contraption allows you to plop the phone down and let it charge without needing to aim or plug anything.
your phone now supports wireless charging.

congratulations, you're retarded.

These nintenyearolds don't understand that nobody gives a shit about stupid semantics. Wow, no wire? Wow, still has a dependency on a physical connection between them. Are pogo pins wireless charging too?

>Wireless charging is the process of electrically charging battery-powered devices and equipment without the need for a wired electrical power connection. It enables the wireless transfer of electrical charge from a charging device or node to the recipient device.
induction nowhere to be found as a qualification. contact points are not wires. ergo, wireless charging.
sage is not a downvote, btw. you're just making the thread last longer. :^)

My 3DS still lasts to this day. One thing I have to give up to Nintendo is that their devices last FORFUCKINGEVER. Got it in middle school and it's still working in college. Hasn't even slowed down a little.

I love how easy is to fuck around with cfw and pirate free games but the quality just sucks.

The circle pad will break if you play smash or monster hunter in a daily basis.

The end result is me plugging something into my phone to charge it, the opposite of WIRELESS charging.

>Are pogo pins wireless charging too?
Yes.

Holy shit, the absolute state of Jow Forums

fucking PSP has a higher resolution and it released 6 years prior, im not asking for 4k on a handheld but 480p would be nice
smash on 3ds is unplayable on any connection, even on the faster new 3ds

>plug in something once
>literally forget that it's even there
>use device wirelessly
I mean come on

>fucking PSP has a higher resolution and it released 6 years prior
yeah, it also has three times the trigger latency.

Then wired charging isn't wired, since the part connecting to the device are pins and not end wire itself

MAXIMUM BUTTHERT

Attached: how butthurt are you.jpg (941x960, 102K)

That's your opinion, not an authoritative source.
Sage comments count to the reply limit but don't bump the thread.

Yes it is, don't be retarded. The built-in wire connector includes the simple mechanism directly attached the the end of the wire; e.g. the cord.
Also because the connector is literally inside the device, not just contacting.

>That's your opinion, not an authoritative source.
that passage was literally the first thing that pops up when you google "wireless charging definition."

It's a temporary thing that's iirc tethered down to the table, so absolutely not.

I should add, practically equivalent in functionality to if mcdonalds just had charging cables instead. Only difference is that I also have to line up the puck with the qi charging pad.

And where did google take that from? Google is not an dictionary or encyclopedia.

Well then that's poor implementation on McDonalds' part but doesn't disqualify the device itself as wireless charging because there are thousands of very similar mechanisms that aren't tethered down and don't require you to keep un/plugging them.

The term "wireless charging" appears nowhere in any authoritarian dictionary, so there is no authoritarian definition. Meaning a random definition from some tech blog's definition is just as good as anyone else's.
It's a pretty concise definition, so it's valid. It's a valid explanation.
Also, it's still not my personal opinion. Twice wrong, must feel pretty bad.

Attached: (You).gif (480x238, 443K)

>a wireless mouse which requires a dongle is not wireless

it is literally a toy. what were you expecting?
unironically designed for children.

this post wasn't written by me. I don't redditspace.
nice try.

Do you plug the dongle into the mouse via a cable as long as a regular wired mouse cable?

So it's settled: The Nintendo 3DS does in fact support wireless charging, but not induction charging. Good talk.
/thread.

>3DS games have built in voice chat
>Switch games need an app and this la atrocidad

Attached: K86aHRp.jpg (1200x675, 100K)

it's not wireless charging if it does not use induction charging.

sorry.

The problem is defining wireless charging, whether you consider it as literally no wires or its colloquial definition (not physically touching).

well there certainly could be a long cable between the receiver and your pc. it used to be quite common on logitech kit. do you plug an adaptor into a wireless charger?

It's wireless if the device contact doesn't use wires, regardless of whether or not it's induction. That's irrelevant information. It uses wireless charging, but not inductive charging.

It's actually pretty self-explanatory in definition.

You're autistic if you think 99% of people think they agree with your definition of wireless.

how can charging be real if our wires aren't real?

it's not wireless charging unless the fucking energy wirelessly floats through the fuckin air to the device.....without - get this - a wire attached in any way, including to attached to a base station!

magical

They don't have to agree with the definition; it's still the definition regardless of how wrong they are.

You're arguing semantics, and again unless someone's as autistic as you are they won't consider pogo pins wireless.

k so wireless charging doesn't exist, is what you're saying?
because if that's the case, you're wrong.

sure, microwave transmission of energy exists. the nintendo 3DS does not use this to receive energy, therefore it does not utilize wireless charging.

the 3ds supports wireless charging, and so does the dock. the charger does not.

your a idiot

Do you know what induction is?

the charging device has to be plugged into something - via wires - for that to work.

n-no u

Never owned a nintdndo handheld. Is this a good thing to get into now? If i get brand new New 2DS XL for €125 is that a good deal and is it lacking anything the 3DS XL model has apart from the 3D that i dont care for.

And what essential games non-pokemon would ye recommend thanks.

Thanks.

Attached: 1522968870639.gif (500x281, 968K)

>If i get brand new New 2DS XL for €125 is that a good deal and is it lacking anything the 3DS XL model has apart from the 3D that i dont care for.
The _DS platform is dead as wood now. All the 'new' games are shit because the developers know that no one is going to buy them, and the old games (like Pushmo, Mighty Switch Force and Mutant Mudds) are pretty great but virtually unplayable without the 3D aspect because they rely on depth.
Just get a Switch and call it a day.

the 3ds castlevania is quite nice and there was one earlier one about dancing that i remember was lots of fun but I only played the demo.
there's also the BOXBOXBOY series and a shitload of interesting puzzle games available for 3ds.
there's a pretty good korg app as well.

Super Street Fighter IV 3D is an essential. There's even a small number of people still playing online today. Mostly Japanese players who will certainly beat the fuck out of you and children you spam hadoukens and do literally nothing else.

depends if you like rpgs and are willing to actually buy stuff and/or dlc's

note that most of the imported games are censored or have horrible dub and the 3ds has region lock so you won't be able to play with the original language, audio or uncensor them unless you install cfw

Attached: HNI_0076.jpg (320x240, 113K)

Thanks!

>wireless charging

Attached: mZpRPb4.jpg (519x355, 28K)

The energy is transferred from the base station to the phone, which charges the phone wirelessly.
You're trying to be pedantic and it's not working.