The older I get the more I realise

1. If it ain't broken just leave it alone.
2. Better is to optimise.
3. Most tech is overrated and redundant.
4. If you buy cheap you always buy headaches.

Attached: funny-nerd-guy-before-after-now.jpg (442x638, 78K)

>If you buy
stopped reading right there

Yeah i agree, new tech is a meme, all we need is a simple desktop or laptop with Debian stable, a tilling window manager, automatic updates, vim and surf as a web browser. The others softwares and new tech are just useless, bloated and they will just enslave you.

Attached: 1511983148525.jpg (3391x2360, 2.13M)

>thinks that spending more money must get you better quality

Attached: get a load of this guy 2.jpg (800x601, 263K)

1, 2, and 4 are negated when you throw an old ThinkPad into the equation

thats not the same guy
sage

>if it ain't broke don't fix it
Agreed.
>better to optimize
Disagree. See above. Optimization should be done when it's called for or when it's trivial to perform.
>most tech is overrated and redundant
Agree. Smartphones render 99% of other hardware irrelevant for normies. Laptops render 99% of other hardware irrelevant for autists.
>if you buy cheap you always buy headaches
Disagree. You can easily buy expensive headaches. My general rule would be, if you buy anything you should have a good warranty or a reputable return policy. Off-lease enterprise hardware 2-4 years old is the current sweet spot for quality and value.

>1. If it ain't broken just leave it alone.
Works -> dont fix
>2. Better is to optimise.
Works -> fix

Delete this

You read enough of what was said.

>1. is this guy an ifag?
>2. maybe not?
>3. turns out he is not!
>4. nevermind...

But it's better to optimise
>2. Better is to optimise.
But if it ainct broken just leave it alone
>3. Most tech is overrated and redundant.
But if you buy cheap you always buy headaches.
>4. If you buy cheap you always buy headaches.
But most tech is overrated and redundant.

new tech is genociding GREAT OLD TECH.

new usb slots
new wall plugs
laptops without cd drive
laptops being replaced with tablets
cheap strong HDD being replaced with small weak SSD
nokia brick being replaced with ios

FUCK IT ALL

Attached: untitled.gif (294x312, 946K)

this is why i only buy apple products

yeah im redpilled

There's tiers of quality if you don't understand. $39.99 smartphone is miles away from a $130 smartphone. same can't be said for for anything higher than maybe $300.

>better to optimize
his context isn't clear
if he's talking about optimizing code then you're right because it violates principle 1 (don't fix unless broken)

if he means it's better to optimize software settings than buying new hardware, he's got a point. a well-tuned OS uses less resources and is responsive, something that RAM upgrades and faster hard drives/CPUs can do too, but at a cost (money, heat, electricity)

I really agree about cheaping out on parts. those refurbished hard drives aren't a good idea for your backup system.

>He thinks Sage is a downvote

>>> Leddit

You can certainly spend too much, but if you go too cheap on certain things you lose more in functionality than you gain by saving the money. It falls apart or doesn't do all the same basic functions or stops getting support if it's too cheap.

Vintage Jow Forums posts aka "Good Posts". Except the part about buying I bough my T430 for 90€. It's my main machine now.

Um, sweetie. Never heard of progressivism?

1. If it ain't broken just leave it alone.
> not true
2. Better is to optimise.
> duh
3. Most tech is overrated and redundant.
> very true
4. If you buy cheap you always buy headaches.
> if you buy cheap buy two of it

i bet you have a mac old fart

>new wall plugs
?????????
>laptops without cd drive
optical media isn't used very much anymore, like it or not. it's currently in the same place floppies were 10 years ago - floppy drives were not on the list of "default" components, now it's time for optical drives
>laptops being replaced with tablets
they're not being replaced, the market is adjusting to demand - more people desire tablets, it's not like the entire laptop market is going to suddenly disappear as there's still sizable demand for them, especially in enterprise
>cheap strong HDD being replaced with small weak SSD
this is incorrect
>nokia brick being replaced with ios
dumbphones are overrated, they were proprietary to the core, each one had its own special OS, app compatibility was a nightmare, each phone model required its own special cables which often weren't even interchangable between phones of the same brand and cables for data transfer were sold separately, just to get that extra cash out of you, some early MP3-enabled phones didn't even have headphone jacks but instead required their own proprietary headphones
you guys don't like apple doing that shit but miss the "good old days" when it was even worse for the consumer

Attached: 1457185077827-0.jpg (500x422, 32K)