Attached: dims.jpg (352x340, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

puppylinux.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what's the cpu and RAM?

tinycore

Xubuntu

Bootleg screenshot

Attached: 20180515_194825.jpg (2291x970, 1.77M)

shit that's old, the only easy distro that will give you a decent experience is puppy
puppylinux.org

600/600E/600X?
Debian Stretch should work fine if you max out the RAM, which you should be doing anyway.

Attached: 20180121_171907(1).jpg (5312x2988, 1.25M)

Windows POS 2009

install gentoo

lubuntu

Spyware

Seconded

DSL.

i haven't used puppy in a machine that old but it should work.

fine then, what do you recommend? Fedora or arch?

Knoppix

this or pretty much any other distro with minimal installation and using no DE

Tinycore. For bonus performance, decompress the initrd image and set it to unload the initrd from RAM after the system has booted.

>he fell for the thinkpad meme

Lubuntu or LXLE will run fine on it.
> You can play with it putting more RAM and maybe an SSD.

This is bait.

ask here
>

The amazon thing was never in the other Ubuntu variations, fuck off with your shitty bait.

Lubuntu

This

NT 4.0 or 2000

arch+i3/openbox

Install Gentoo

this

Throw it into trash bin.

Crunchbang++
I use this OS on my old PC: Pentium 3 800EB, 512MB SDRAM, ATI 4650 1GB DDR2, 64GB SSD and runs fast as fuck. Intel's ME can suck it. If you hate SystemD, use Devuan Netinstall ISO and choose a lightweight desktop

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1526462752519.jpg (1000x670, 138K)

puppy linux

Peppermint
Lxle

Dont buy old thinkpads, they are a waste your time and effort, they should be scrapped for parts, go and buy a new computer, preferable Acer as they are more environmentally friendly, buy one thats useful and can serve you a purpose in life

Preferably a recycling bin to prevent ewaste.

Find a better laptop at your local junkyard

When I bought it it was new and I don't want to seriously use it I just want to mess around with it.

Void Linux MUSL.

I run Bunsenlabs on my X200. It's Debian with Openbox

Puppy or gentoo.

What is this model?

This

debian with icewm

This