How come on Windows, if your install your videocard drivers, you get a screen tear free experience instantly...

How come on Windows, if your install your videocard drivers, you get a screen tear free experience instantly, but in Linux you have to google shit and fuck around in the settings for half an hour to do the same?
Why isn't vsync turned on automatically when you install your driver? Must the developers intentionally inconvenience the users as much as possible?

Attached: linux.jpg (531x303, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pavelfatin.com/typing-with-pleasure/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because Vsync is cancer and increases input latency
pavelfatin.com/typing-with-pleasure/

>using anything but a wm

>using a GUI

faggot

Been using Manjaro, with GNOME/Wayland.
0 tearing
0 glitching ootb
In fact, I get tearing on windows on the same machine unless I go to a website, download, install a driver and reboot the OS.

>vsync
Nvidia is garbage.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-05-16 10-45-37.png (1444x952, 137K)

Yeah, but can you run Steam with games and no tearing on that?

Linux isn't for desktop use, please refrain from doing so.

microsoft forces vsync on the desktop. comes at the cost of slightly higher latency on the desktop from input. if you use a compositor on linux though it will enable vsync.

Not him but it's the same as running games in Windows, you just have to enable vsync in-game

>Wei land
>GNOME
Fucking trash.
KosherDE + X.Org is way to go.

It's not about vsync, everything is synchronized alright with the monitor. It's just that the microcode for the card and the drivers don't come together, so you have to spend 10 seconds installing it separately. Most people don't so that, so they instead try to add a second compositor on top of the one that comes OOTB. Another bunch of people are idiots who can't even think about jerry rigging it poorly like that, so they instead assume that it isn't meant to work and post about it like you. How dumb do you have to be to not read the manual? Like literally sit down and spend 10 hours reading all the documentation of the OS you'll be using for the next decade. How helpless can a person be? Idiots.

>vsync
>muh gaymes

When you graduate high school, you'll understand why nobody cares about vsync.

>half an hour
Is it really that hard to follow some simple instructions?

wouldn't the card's microcode be included in the graphics driver for the card?

t. kde migrant who has no tearing

To far i've only seen this on the nvidia proprietary driver (thankfully the old fglrx is dead in favor of an open stack for AMD), and it's pretty easy to fix either from the drivers or the compositor. Personally linux has given me much less problems than windows, for example the 1803 update wrecked the microphone, the audio jack and the switchable graphics stopped working, so fixing the tearing once and forgetting about giving maintenance to my linux installation is much better in my own experience.

Attached: 1522105715226.jpg (2048x2048, 760K)

It can be done that way, or not. For licensing reasons and policy regarding blobs, sometimes it will be separate.

installing video card drivers is one line in the shell and werks fine on my machine

Of course, hence I use Windows with a FreeSync capable GPU and monitor.

interesting. i'm using the free intel driver for the integrated card, works great. better than free and proprietary nvidia drivers which i had before.

i have vertical screen tearing on windows though

I don't play video games.

V-Sync in Windows comes from the Desktop Composition feature aka hardware acceleration aka the aero glass effect. So that's why it's v-synced once you install your GPU drivers and why you don't get it on Linux. If you go back to Windows Classic you lose the v-sync.