Why aren't there new mice being released? Why is this POS the reigning king for 85 years?

Why aren't there new mice being released? Why is this POS the reigning king for 85 years?

I want to buy a new mouse as I'm rocking an old Sensei from Steelseries that has a nasty double click. (Already fixed it a dozen times, shit's actually broken now.) I don't wanna pay for a mouse that's been out for a long while.

WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE NEW MICE

Attached: 26-197-148-07[1].jpg (640x480, 18K)

Ninox venator is pretty good.

They are working on a Microsoft mouse clone with best current sensor.

RGB held the industry back like 3 years, so blame the gaymers

The industry is too busy fitting another 72 buttons and a dick input on mice to have time for any real innovation.

This is my first time hearing about it. I'll do some research in the morning.

I do. It seems the only 'innovation' to come about recently is not shitty wireless mouse and I'm not even sure if that's ACTUALLY good or if it's just marketing/a meme.

Why won't companies let me give them my money.

this is reminiscent of the Silenz mouse by E-Blue which was my all time favorite until receiving one and it was not silent it made the clicking noise. Very nice mouse design

If it ain't broke, dont fix it.
Why evolve the mouse market further that necessary?

G502 is love
G502 is life

Attached: hedgehog.webm (640x640, 1.24M)

Find a way to actually improve upon the G502 that I'm perfectly happy with and we'll talk.
A mouse doesn't need to be more than a mouse, it just needs to be good as a mouse.

What's the optimal weight setup in the G502?

Pretty sure Logitech just released a new mouse

The one that you like, brainlet.

Guise I have a Zowie FK1 and I want to replace it with something larger, any recommendations for taller, larger mice when using fingertip grip?

I own a G900 and I have to say the wireless technology they're using is quite impressive as there is no noticeable input lag, if only there was a new wireless mouse with the body of the g403.

>that heavy outdated trash
>king of anything

g403 my nigga

>with the body of the g403

You mean like... the available wireless version of the g403?

g403 mane

ec1-a

>g403 wireless
But it already exist.

Is 7mm really going to make a difference? I was expecting the EC1-A to be much larger.

>tfw G502 is the only mice that has enough buttons for all I need
It's not really confortable, but the sensor is god level and I really like the wheel free mechanism or however it's called.
I think there is another that might feel more comfy, the Rival 500, that has even one or two more buttons. I might try it.

I loved the corsair m90. Had a ton of buttons for productivity and design wise it was really good.

On the cons though the software was terrible, it was somewhat heavy and the sensor wasn't great. They should re-release it.

Another one that only needed to be somewhat lighter and with a better sensor was the g600 from Logitech.

Why does everything have to have that gaymer look?

I've just ordered the pic. did i do good? i think i m gonna returen

Attached: Untitled.jpg (2076x1280, 305K)

>why evolve the ___ market
Horse drawn carriages are FINE what are you talking about why would we want a metal carriage fuck that's stupid

It's LIGHTSPEED. How could it not be good when you gotta go fast?

the g502 is great, but i still miss my g9 and g9x

Attached: g9x logitech.jpg (650x650, 46K)

Why is there no new G9x? Why haven't people bullied logitech into making it again?

>tfw my left scroll button stopped working on my g502 just a month after the 3y warranty expired

What do? That button was fundamental for me.

Maybe they'll honor it if you ask nicely.

This is still going strong and is the best.

Attached: Capture.png (972x673, 210K)

Why aren't there new hammers being released? Why is this POS the reigning king for 10000 years?

To OP and the people who genuinely agree with OP's point of view: what EXACTLY do you want to see in a new mouse?

The quality of mice as they currently exist can be mostly summarized in sensor quality, build/material quality, ergonomics and weight. There are several mice on the market (including OP's pic related) that have amazing sensors, and as far as everything else goes, there's tons of different models to choose from.

What EXACTLY are you anxiously waiting for?

This doesn't hold up and is so ridiculous I cannot believe I'm responding to it. I (and others) aren't lamenting that no one is literally reinventing the mouse (or hammer). We're asking for new models of the tried and true...just like what people are doing with hammers, etc.

Go to Amazon, look up hammers. Notice that some are new as of 2016, 2017. People are still putting out new models of hammers despite us having the simple idea for literally thousands of years.

This is much better a question, but one I'm not in the know enough to answer specifically. Better sensor quality, better build quality, a 'fuller' mouse in my hands...all of these things are ideal.

I'm not paid to create computer mice, so I don't know what all can be done to make them better, similar to how I do not know what I would want improved in a desk: two pieces of wood on four legs, how much more could you want?

I fully reject the absurd idea that we have somehow reached mouse nirvana and from here on out, we will only create g502s (or things that are so similar as to be essentially the same thing).

The G502 would be much better if it didn't have a hole in 1 (what the fuck is this, why does it exist?), if it didn't have the deep gaps around the buttons in 2, the indendation at 3, and the huge holes under the side buttons at 4.
All of those just collect dirt and are hard to clean.

It would also be better if it had a replacable cable, though I can live with that if it's capable of outliving the buttons.
While we're at that, longer-lasting buttons are also always an improvement.

Also a surface that doesn't degrade as quickly, I have mine since a few months and it already has shiny reflective spots in all the places I touch it regularly.

The RGB light is forced on you and right now it uses PWM, which looks like ass. It doesn't even turn the LEDs on at the same time, it rapidly blinks red blue and green to make the color you want. So every time you move your eyes, the LED will leave a low-fps rainbow trail in your vision, which is very irritating. Use direct current to power the LEDs instead.

The sensor is good but not perfect, sometimes it only moves half as much as I move my wrist and it's clearly getting stuck on something, even though I use a clean mousepad.

The scroll wheel waggles horizontally and rattles around with very little force (for horizontal scrolling), so pressing the middle mouse button will almost always tilt it to the side and also trigger a horizontal scroll. Very uncomfortable M3. It should be more stable.

Attached: ss (2018-05-16 at 18.33.23).jpg (1472x983, 204K)

>needing anything else

Attached: unnamed (10).png (384x384, 18K)

new phone who dis

A more cleaned up picture of the dirt collection hole.

Attached: ss (2018-05-16 at 18.51.51).jpg (1257x972, 211K)

Just got mine with a 4 year warranty. Only added 10% to the purchase price.

why not use the superior trackball?

Reminder that Roccat is the only company that produces gaming mice which respect your freedom

All people shilling non Roccat mice for gaming need to get the fuck off of Jow Forums and go to

Fuck your freedom bullshit. This is America

just bought the g502. Why is the toggle switch for the mouse wheel scroll in a more prime position than a useful button? How many times are you going to be switching scrolling modes vs using an actual button? Why not swap them?

I'm not sure why it's so hard to come up with an optimal mouse design. I guess they have to sell 1000 different models instead of just giving it all away in one. If this mouse had two more top buttons on the right side like their other mice do along with 2 more thumb buttons below the existing ones it could actually be good.

I find myself using 2 or more weights when needing finer movements (drawing with cursor for example)

no weights otherwise

mouse technology was perfected in like 2002-2006 since then its just been bullshit released.

people who say stuff like "the latest best sensors" are idiots who don't know how to compare stuff and just assume latest stuff is best (its not)

Great mouse, but I want to murder the guy who decided the side buttons should be MAGNET REMOVABLE BUTTONS.

Within one month the side buttons on my 903 started falling off. After 5 months, THE G3 SIDE BUTTON COMPLETELY BROKE OFF.

>How many times are you going to be switching scrolling modes vs using an actual button?
i have never used that feature. on the g9 and g9x the button was on the bottom of the mouse, where it doesn't get in the way.
at first i thought it would be better having the switch in a more accessible place, but then i realized i never use it anyway. i'd rather have another programmable button than the switch

Attached: 1397089562545.jpg (429x410, 115K)

Find yourself a gamer mouse that doesn't look like one. Bought this one 2 years ago and been loving it since.

Attached: fk2-back-left45.png (1260x840, 156K)

remagnetize it?

>Reminder that Roccat is the only company that produces gaming mice which respect your freedom

lol doesn't matter. None of that remappable shit will work in wayland anyway so it'll just operate the same as a 10 dollar mouse.

youre stupid, wrong, and fucking annoying

Just wash your hands bro

>over two weeks and still no shipping confirmation

Attached: sunset1.png (620x620, 180K)

can anyone direct me to a top tier ergonomic mouse? i've got totally fucked carpel tunnel in both of my wrists when i try to use this old razer naga i've had for 5+ years and i've never tried anything different from basic mouse designs so don't know if it'll help until i do.

y u mad tho

Get a different mouse, the G502 is already comes weight too heavy by default. 100g+ mice are for casuals.

>double clicks

i bet you wear womens watches too huh ya wristlet

is there any other mouse with at least the equivalent of the g502's sensor and number of buttons?
it's slightly uncomfortable but i am not about to swap it for a fucking naga or something or go back to 5-button pleb status

and when you get it, it will be the wrong colour :^)

apparently they're telling the recipients of wrong colors to keep it and they'll send out the correct one free of charge.