So I woke up this morning and found my note 8 screen behaving weird...

So I woke up this morning and found my note 8 screen behaving weird , pic related there's an yellowish tint on the top half of the screen.
>I haven't dropped my phone
>No liquid damage
>Happened overnight
> I use the blue light filter I assume it's burn in form using this

I tried restarting the phone and changing wallpapers it's most noticeable with black wallpapers, it got better over a few hours but still not 100% perfect any help Jow Forums ? The phone is 9 months old and I've rooted it so warranty void? Any way to reverse this so I can claim warranty?

I'd be very grateful for any insight..

Attached: Screenshot_20180516-141425.jpg (1080x2220, 379K)

Other urls found in this thread:

galaxynote8root.com/galaxy-note-8-root/how-to-unroot-galaxy-note-8-w-stock-firmware-and-root-again/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

More pics

Attached: Screenshot_20180516-140806.jpg (1080x2220, 416K)

>The phone is 9 months old and I've rooted it so warranty void?

Literally just install stock and take it back.

Will flashing stock fix the Knox trip off ?

are you pulling my dick m8, if there is a screen fault theres no way it will show in a screenshot

I know ! But there's a gradient on the top half of the screen
I don't understand what the problem is , there seems to be a problem with the screen I assume it burn in .
>One more pic with different wallpaper

Attached: Screenshot_20180516-144102.jpg (1080x2220, 430K)

Wall by itself

Attached: Wolf1.png (1440x2560, 438K)

I use ALWAYS ON DISPLAY on schedule every night so my phone works like a table clock and even the digits of AOD are tinted yellow and grainy this is where it's most noticeable

I'm looking at it, but don't see it. Try getting a better screenshot, maybe on a gray background?

Did you seriously think this shit would show up on fucking screenshots?

Look at the top half of the screen senpai on the notification bar near the airplane mode icon battery indicator etc, it's supposed to be soild black here's more screens ( notice above the clock)

Attached: Screenshot_20180516-144752.jpg (1080x2220, 253K)

Oh, does it happen in other applications? It's clearly an overlay from something you installed.

I know what you mean but it shows just look at the series of images I've posted , the top half of the screen has a gradient where it's supposed to be black (I know if my screen is damaged it won't show up on screenshots senpai )

Not on any other applications just the AOD and main screen, the only other app that runs overlay us universal copy , the screen is yellowish around the top half as if the blue light filter is still on but I only use that feature at night and it runs scheduled

>Hey, dumb phone poster.
Look we won't see anything, because it's a screen issue, not a software one (probably). And screenshot takes a picture of your screen as it "should be" rather than what you see, so ignores artifacts, brightness etc.
Second thing, if you see your screen discolored in the morning, when you wake up, but not later in the day, then it's literally your eyes. Brain lacks oxygen, go to a doctor. (this is a real thing, but it'd be red not yellow).

I did mspaint fill the blacks to show you that the picture is almost solid black.

Attached: mspaint.jpg (1080x2220, 211K)

M8 you're literally ignoring all the pictures I've posted I know hardware issues won't show up I. Screenshots

Op here thanks , any clue what this is and how I can fix?

Maybe your launcher. Nova can cast a shadow. Since Samsung's displays are so poorly calibrated, it wouldn't surprise me if that's what you're seeing - your launcher casting a shadow and your display showig it yellow-ish.

Attached: Untitled.png (2160x1920, 2.23M)

I'll try switching to stock launcher to see if it fixes this problem but the problem seeps into the AOD when in the top half of the display the clock is yellowish and grainy as if the blue light filter is still on

shit OP I just saved that wallpaper on my iPhone and I guess the virus embedded itself into your wallpaper because now I have a yellow tint at the top of my screen too

pic related, it’s quite prominent

Attached: 5A731768-3F6A-4DDF-B699-4A2C43DF8D06.png (750x1334, 362K)

Post a photo of your phone or stop embarrassing yourself.

Hope this is better

Attached: IMG-20180516-WA0006.jpg (1124x1280, 73K)

Attached: IMG-20180516-WA0004.jpg (1115x1280, 73K)

Yup, it's definitely a lancher shadow. Here are the RRGGBB values from bottom to top, where that shadow starts, on this screenshot:

Samsung displays have shit calibration, that's why you're seeing it yellow. It is gray (almost black).

Triangle away by chainfire might be your friend

Gets better when the clock is on the lower half of the screen

Attached: IMG-20180516-WA0005.jpg (960x1118, 76K)

Never had this problem with nova before and this problem is most noticeable only on the home screen AOD and white backgrounds

That shadow is casted in software, so your display has nothing. The fact that you see it yellow, you can blame Samsung for not knowing how to calibrate screens.

l
Lol wot
Switched to touchjizz same problem

Attached: Screenshot_20180516-151354.jpg (1080x2220, 425K)

>Switched to touchjizz same problem
It's something else casting that shadow then. If you don't know how to find the culprit, reinstall the stock firmware.

What about the yellowish grainy tint on the always on display

>What about the yellowish grainy tint on the always on display
That application seems to overlay everything, including your always on display.

I'm at work atm will try that when I'm home my only concern is that the problem carried on to the AOD and white backgrounds

Digitizer adhesive failing. Send it in.

It's just software. Try allowing Nova to rotate the screen and see if it moves when you're in landscape.
I'd suggest getting rid of that piece of software, whetever it is doing this. Since it's an OLED could wear that part of the display more.

The only application that uses screen overlay I use is universal copy , I was using a live wallpaper application called walloop for 2-3 days maybe that's where the problem is I removed the app and changed the wallpaper this morning

Clearly somthing is ovelaying your screen. Since it shows in screenshots your problem is software, not hardware.

My biggest fear was burn in never had these problems with nova or anything else I use I'm going to try a factory reset and report back , I also think that live wallpaper application walloop might have caused the problem thanks for your help user

Where do you get the stock ROM to flash?

Op here
I restored my TWRP backup and it seems to have fixed the problem I'll keep you updated otherwise.

Here you go m8

galaxynote8root.com/galaxy-note-8-root/how-to-unroot-galaxy-note-8-w-stock-firmware-and-root-again/

I have similar problem, but I think my screen is cracked
When looking at right angle you can see thin line across the screen
Can you guys see it?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-16-14-22-15-772_org.floens.chan.png (1080x1920, 301K)

cum protein have scatoxide that will clean it
rub it throughout the panel

Yeah man I see it you should do what this faggot says

Huh... So cum heal stuff?
That explains why wounds on my hands heal so fast

shitty bait, end your life op.

Have you seen this ?
Fucking inbred

The fuck you're talking? There's nothing wrong with that screen
Check your eyes gramps

Looks like some kind of overlay

Attached: ScreenRec_20180-VideoToMp4.webm (480x800, 729K)

Can't seem to spot what's causing this any idea ? I use the inbuilt blue light filter don't use any other apps that might cause an overlay

Your eyes