Why are people still using (((Linux))) in 2018?

Why are people still using (((Linux))) in 2018?
thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/05/15/canonical-finds-hidden-crypto-miners-in-the-linux-snap-app-store/

Attached: 22.jpg (2700x3300, 1.34M)

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2018/05/14/ubuntu_crypto_mining_apps/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good thing I don't use Snap. :)

it's the best kernel we have for the GNU OS

>GNU
Literally who?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system and snap is just one stupid program you don't need you can go without: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1509101023205.png (700x848, 295K)

the sad thing people believe in this

>ubuntu
Not even once

simple answer, use synaptic instead of the app-store
game over !

When users complained that apps by Nicholas Tomb included the mining code, they were pulled from the Ubuntu Snap store, with Canonical promising an investigation.

>(((Linux)))
Go ask Jow Forums

Jow Forums doesn't even know there are alternatives to windows 10 other than MacOS

>Why are people still using (((Linux))) in 2018?
Nobody does.

>Let me eat this cake with 5% of poison

Because Ubuntu is all of Linux.

this is the miners email address
[email protected]
Be sure to send him your message of support and kind words, dont send such outrageous condemnation as "Fuck you, ya crypto asshole thanks for tryina shit on me and for pushing up GPU prices"

theregister.co.uk/2018/05/14/ubuntu_crypto_mining_apps/

Stop playing stupid ass video games

Attached: 1508738447399.png (819x686, 1.1M)

i dont

Attached: c96.gif (500x352, 290K)

Linux is a kernel.

What's the big deal, it got removed and close to nobody uses snap's anyway.

>download app from shadyrussiansite.org because there is no other way to get the thing
>get a virus
>"guess it's my fault for not checking where I downloaded from"

>One program on the worst distro's worst package manager contains a miner, gets removed instantly
>"OOH OONGA BOONGA LOONIX EATS DICK"

Are winfags that retarded?

>Linux becomes windows
>B-BUT IT'S THE USER'S FAULT
The bloatware fags never learn