Is CS a meme?

Should I major in CE instead of CS?

Attached: 58210AEB-607D-4041-90D9-C691F3FCA6B0.jpg (1200x600, 84K)

Yes. Scratch that, you should major in EE.

Yeah outsourced to China or outsourced to India. Pick one

Google big4 tech intern salary

If you don't want to compete with them you should major in Social Studies

CS.
It's easy to graduate as long as you're not a retard.
Do it for the diploma and do side projects related to the field you want to join.
Especially if you live in the first-world where education is almost free.

EE?

Electrical engineering

You would be better served by learning a trade like plumbing or electrician

major in mathematics, with some cs courses.

Might land a job at Google

Software Engineering so you actually come out of school with actual programming skills instead of just concept

Knowing C and Assembly is useless in 2018 if you have never worked in the industry, if you don't know at least a front-end web framework you're basically unemployable

As long as you major in a STEM field you're pretty safe following whatever you find most enjoyable.

If it comes down to what is a meme, though, CE is arguably much more of a meme than CS.
You won't write software as well as CS majors and won't design circuits as well as EE majors. The area in between those two disciplines is already completely saturated.

There's a reason people look for desk jobs. Trades pay well but are really hard on your body.
IMO if someone can go to college they should do that instead of learning a trade. Even humanities are better for your future.

Medicine guy here, I regret not going after a cs degree. Convince me why I shouldnt.

major in cs 1.6

Attached: 1526058323883.jpg (880x660, 94K)

Don't go into CS is your mindset is:
I wanna build robutt
I wanna work for video games
I wanna be a OO code monkey

A CS degree is a math degree, not a discipline of engineering.

Being an electrician isn't all *that* hard on your body, especially once you move into a more supervisory role.
Also, a desk job comes with its own set of health risks, namely obesity and other factors that have to do with a sedentary lifestyle. Sure, you can somewhat avoid them by exercising regularly and what not, but you're often stressed and tired after the work day.

But aren’t AAA video games math friendly? I know for a fact that vectors, some Linear Algebra, and some Physics are 100% needed. Why wouldn’t I want a solid grasp on the task I’m expected to perform?
>inb4 teach it to yourself
I would but I started at the very bottom with math in college (below remedial) and have only recently worked my way up to Trig. Basicially, I was/still am math deficient and a school education offers the helping hand I need to learn.

EE is a meme and underpaid

>trigger discipline

He's saying the idea is that you shouldn't go into CS with the mindset of "maek vidya gaem".
CS is not really about computers or science, it's better described as process and information theory.

The information you learn is good when it comes time to write programs, but if you want to program then software engineering is probably better for you.

But cs you gain true understanding

what If I live in a third world shithole with high IT jobs needed?

I switched from CE to CS. It really depends on your school's program, look at the classes you need to take for each. Mine was super flexible, others are really rigid. Only real thing I can say is think about what the fuck you want to do with your life before you choose, because you'll make enough money with either.

>want to make at least 65k a year
>can't afford college
>dropped out of local community college
>have to pay off debts to them before I can enroll again
>local trade apprenticeship requires proof of passing a college algebra class

I'm fucked. I should probably just kill myself, right?

nah just join the military

ECE

>America
>Free education
Pick one

kys webtard, the point is not working in webdev shit

I wish I could.

>muh money
A really sad argument to turn down a career path.

>Software engineering
>Web dev

Attached: blackmanquestioning.jpg (406x304, 47K)

>América
>First world country
Pick one

This. Almost all EEs can design software. Very few “computer engineers” or “scientists” can design a simple anti aliasing filter...

I have a BS and a MS in CS and I cant find a job. I live in bay area , 0 interviews

drop out and start your own company asap

Change your major to Computer Internet Programming Engineering

Yes and yes.

You don't need college to learn a fucking frontend framework you glue-eating retard. I fucking hated dealing with SE kids in CS classes. A SE degree is just as useful as an art degree.

Having worked with EEs and EE "designed" software, I'm confident in saying that they cannot program their way out of a wet paper bag. They're slightly better at embedded coding, but even then it's a shitshow.

>Is CS a meme?
Not if you stick with it. It is absolutely necessary to consider yourself a programmer. You don't really need school but you do need to learn Computer Science fundamentals if you want to be good. It is only a meme in that so many people start in CS and then quit it because they realize they hate it.

>You won't write software as well as CS majors and won't design circuits as well as EE majors. The area in between those two disciplines is already completely saturated.
You'll write software better than the CS majors who don't understand the underlying architecture the code is running on, and you'll design circuits better than EE majors who can't even into HDL.
If you want to go into power or focus on analog, then yeah EE > CE any day of the week. But don't pretend CE is a jack unless you're also pretending CS isn't even a face card.

Man, CE majors are always so insecure. Probably because they suck at both software and hardware.

>Telling someone they're wrong is being insecure.
It's very easy for a CE major to end up useless because of the broad spectrum of material you're required to cover. If you're not capable enough then yeah, you're better off sticking with a more focused degree.
But remember just like your high school grades and SAT scores stopped mattering after you got into college, your degree becomes much, much less important after you've actually had a job in the industry for a few months. Pick whichever degree gives you the foundation of knowledge to do stuff you find fun to do.

Im an ECE fag and my masters is in security, I couldn't recommend it more if youre a security autist
100% chance of being hired, great pay, no life anyways but you never had one

Safety Analysis is probably best served by EE or ECE as well. I didn't even know what a FMEA, FMECA, or FHA was when I was hired and now I love this shit.
EEs get completely lost if you try to do a software FMEA/FMECA/FHA though. I'm looking forward to doing more of those. Hopefully I'll be able to do those more often what with aerospace finally looking into moving from single core to multi core.

Attached: 1524901487054.gif (255x192, 460K)

desk jobs aren't good for your body either. sitting around all day staring at a computer screen isn't good for your body. some of the most healthy elderly people i've ever met have been doing physical labor their whole lives.

CS is meme tier field but CE is IT guy

it's like that in the original image as well you troglodyte