Obfuscated JS in source code

>obfuscated JS in source code

Attached: 1525614883614.jpg (399x400, 16K)

Just because you can't read it doesn't mean it's obfuscated

{y"),K=q("qx"),L=q("oo"),M=q("qs"),N=l(109),O=q("vs"),P=q("tc"),Q=q("gd"),R=q("it"),T=q("dpn"),V=q("ofu"),W=q("fod"),X=q("tsd"),Y=g(q("jnh")),Z=q("psh"),$=g(q("hfu")),_=q("efd"),ff=q("qpx"),nf=l(43),uf=g(q("op")),rf=l(53),tf=l(59),of=q("opx"),vf=q("kpjo"),af=q("mpbe"),cf=m(q("ebuf")),pf=q("cupb"),sf=q("bupc"),ef=q("cjoe"),bf=g(q("ktpo")),df=q("tbwf"),hf=q("qvti"),jf=q("isfg"),lf=q("pqfo"),mf=m(q("nbui")),qf=g(q("qptu")),gf=q("tbnf"),yf=q("tfoe"),wf=q("wbst"),zf=q("tupq"),xf=q("gbjm"),kf=q("g5G"),Cf=m(q("gw")),Af=q("gmpps"),Gf=q("dmptf"),Sf=q("ds"),Uf=l(72),Bf=q("fm"),Df=g(q("gsbnf")),Ef=q("fssps"),Ff=q("gsbnf"),Hf=q("difdl"),If=q("qspyz"),Jf=q("qspup"),Kf=q("n{t"),Lf=q("nbudi"),Mf=q("qbstf"),Nf=q("tqmju"),Of=q("tubsu"),Pf=q("dppl"),Qf=l(97),Rf=q("pqfofs"),Tf=q("n{"),Vf=q("tus"),Wf=q("sboepn"),Xf=q("tvctus"),Yf=q("dppljf"),Zf=q("mfohui"),$f=l(121),_f=q("pckfdu"),fn=q("pompbe"),nn=q("ubshfu"),un=m(q("sfh")),rn=m(q("fyq")),tn=m(q("tusjoh")),on=q("sfuftu"),vn=q("bnhmpbe"),an=q("sfqmbdf"),cn=q("tndifdl"),pn=q("tfttjpo"),sn=q("joefy"),en=m(q("pg")),bn=q("xsjufmo"),dn=q("pofssps"),hn=q("td"),jn=q("fs"),ln=q("gvodujpo"),mn=m(q("jou")),qn=q("up"),gn=m(q("tusjoh")),yn=m(q("gvodujpo")),wn=q("uuu"),zn=q("

Dude.

You can't read that?

Well fuck

obfuscated javascript is the stupidest thing ever. maybe it stops some brainlets, but you can just set a breakpoint and print the value of whatever you want to see in the console (you can pretty much tell this just by looking at the functionality of the page), no need to read the internal logic

I would say no but you're gonna make a stupid ur mum joke, aren't you?

wut, someone explain this like I'm a brainlet

I'm sorry user you're on your own

*uninstalls self*

Attached: 1520600741244.png (64x64, 2K)

It's adware, spyware, malware. The code is purposefully written in a confusing manner to prevent you from understanding what it does. A popular technique for interpreted languages to protect your code. Note: it doesn't actually protect the code. You can still do as suggests and analyze it. It's just more difficult.

I know what obfuscated javascript is, I just meant explain what this code does, can you (if you're OP) post the full code, where did you find this?

Yes I'm OP and that snippet is from Jow Forums.
You're running it right now.

Attached: What is JavaScript Obfuscation and why is it a threat.jpg (743x448, 179K)

NANI?!
fug, okay how do we decypher this Jow Forums? this seems like the perfect project for us to tackle. How do we do dis

Attached: nani.png (1245x586, 192K)

There's no need because it's obvious what it does: download and display ads at the bottom of each thread. The code is not obfuscated just to confuse you but adblock software. Any experienced dev immediately understands what

i="S",v="tring"

leads up to. It's fucking ads bro.

Attached: 1468097937304.jpg (590x444, 33K)

it tries to load the chink botnet domains

Attached: chan.png (777x94, 12K)

4chanX does not have this problem

My mom neither but that's not the issue.

>My mom neither but that's not the issue.

Attached: 1494719312456.png (1876x974, 1.18M)

But obfuscation is not the main goal, since is interpreted in plain text shorter variable names and less whitespace get parsed faster and give smaller file sizes

thats minified js, what posted is minified & obfuscated