Shill me a good laptop to run linux

- lightweight less than 2kg , so rules out thinkpad general
- battery life at least 8 hours of light-medium usage
- minimum 16 gigs of ram
- fast ssd
- full hd
- no dedicated gpu. AI bro here, will use cloud gpus for my ml/dl work
So far : thinkpad x1 carbon and other modern thinkpads, xps 13. What are some other good and affordable options?

Attached: lenovo-thinkpad-x10-carbon-hero.png (725x515, 161K)

Boomp

xps13 is amazing

>less than 2kg
Unless you have some sort of medical condition that has caused you to be incredibly frail you are needlessly limiting your options by doing this

Can't you just accept that some people prefer st lightweight to carry around?

So you wanna cut out as many features as you can just because you can't carry any more than two small bags of sugar at a time?

>lightweight less than 2kg

Attached: dyel.jpg (637x345, 29K)

Stop acting like a retard. Not everyone prefers to carry a brick around with 2 more USB slots which add needless deadweight.

Asus Zenbook 3

Find a refurb'd Razer Blade Stealth, at least the 2017.

Found one with an 8550u for $750, minor cosmetic damage, and it's fucking beautiful.

1.35kg, 16gb ram, nvme ssd, no dedicated gpu (UHD620 on CPU), 3200x1800 display. No other HD, but I'm used to using externals for most stuff anyway so that didn't bother me.

Razer makes shitty peripherals, but I can honestly say I've never had a better laptop in my life.

xps is the only one that comes with linux out of the box.

>wanting to have linux out of the box
ewww

>razer
>it's fucking beautiful
please shut the fuck up and leave.

Drivers are guaranteed, even if you flash something else.

Untermensch detected. XPS15 9560 masterrace here.

> Intel graphics
> not Iris Plus
into le trash

Aesthetics are subjective mate, not everybody loves the Thinkpad aesthetic.

Anything older than 5 years, and newer than 10, that you can get for as little as possible.

Thinkpad T450s (make sure it's 1920x1080)

Vaio S 2018. Super light weight.

fuck off fatass

Can someone recommend me a laptop with six core processor and at least 16GB RAM (ideally 32)?

FUCKING LENOVO PUT A FUCKING 3:2 screen in YOUR LAPTOPS U FUCKS
After using the surface even though its shit its impossibru to go back to a 16:9 screen

>not everybody loves the Thinkpad aesthetic.
Homosexuals?

I'm going to buy a Thinkpad 13 soon and I think it also might suit your needs.
>1,4 kg
>CPU: i3 7100U
>Full HD 13,3" IPS display
>180 GB SSD
>4 GB RAM (it can be upgraded up to 32 GB though)
>9 hours battery life according to most reviewers
>total price: 673€

I'd be curious to hear opinions about this laptop also from other people.

I have X1 Carbon 4th gen. Quality control is SHIT.
1. I had a red blob on the display. Replaced.
2. My SD card reader had a faulty spring-lock. Replaced
3. Pins on sim-card slot AFTER (2.) replacement were OUT. can't replace, warranty ended.

I would probably recommend you something like Librem 13.

My only grudge is no battery thresholds. Those are the only reason I even consider ThinkPads.

Attached: Screenshot_20180517-105144.png (1080x1920, 395K)

asus rog with desktop ryzen 5

>2c 4t
>current year
lol

>2c 4t
What did he mean?

System76 Galago Pro may be a good one for you

Oh shit s76 has a new custom laptop for preorder now, the oryx pro. Has built in discrete GPU so you may be better off with GalagoPro, but it looks excellent.

The Lenovo Ideapad 720s.
Ryzen CPU
256 Gig SSD
8 Gig RAM
2.51 pounds
$769 on Amazon

Single channel memory iirc

Also, I wish like one like librem would offer AMD APU Options.

I want to get off the Intel train.

>affordable
Older thinkpad
>not so affordable
Newer thinkpad
>less than 2kg which rules out thinkpad
You're a fucking idiot - X models are always lightweight. My T450 is around 1.5kg

I'd suggest x220 as the cheap option
>probably the best thinkpad ever made
X250 as the newer good option
X1 carbon as the expensive option

You can get the same T versions if you like bigger laptops or a W/P if you're into massive workstations. That's it

Attached: 05_Lenovo_Thinkpad_X230_35313302.jpg (770x433, 58K)

>i3
>180gb ssd
>4gb RAM
>just 9 hours of battery
>650$
Overpriced shit. Buy the real X or T series. I bought x220 for 180$ and it was in perfect condition. I think you can get X250/x260 for less than 600$ too and better specs. Don't go for less than 8GB RAM, 256 SSD and i5. Don't get memed into buying an overpriced phone with a keyboard

>X1 carbon as the expensive option
They are not that expensive if you have B&N discount.
I got my top of the line (except storage) gen 4 for $1230.

It say that's pretty cheap for such laptop.

> $1230
that's not cheap

Cheap = 800$

and for this price I expect the laptop to have storage in it. Buy buissness thinkpads from black market dealers. They buy them from companies have them in excess and then resell them. Often these laptops are unpacked with full Lenovo guarantees

>that's not cheap
Comparably to other similar offerings, that was very cheap. Without discount it was ~$2000.

That said, it is expensive on its own. Not going to argue with that.

>I expect the laptop to have storage in it.
It has, but I wanted to upgrade to M2 nvme down the line, so I bought the cheapest available 120Gb variant.

>Buy buissness thinkpads from black market dealers
Even getting it from official one outside the US was very hard. And I'm not paying retarded local prices of $2400+.

I bought T450 two years ago when it was sort of brand new. In local dealerships it was around ~2000$ but the black market dealer sold me the laptop for 450$
>8gb of RAM
>unpacked
>5year guarantee
>256gb SSD

Don't get memed into believing 1200$ is a small price. Companies get these laptops for 4 times smaller prices and then just throw them away every year. Search on ebay and you'll find these dealers. My dude is selling it righ now for 460euros (in Serbia but still). Don't be a brainlet

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-05-17 13-29-32.png (618x127, 29K)

If being a fatass means I can open a bottle of onions without setting up leverage, I think I prefer being a chubby bubby.

I'll take this into consideration if I buy another ThinkPad.
Thanks.

Well, I can't say I didn't expect this kind of answer, but I didn't explain the situation.

1) I won't spend my own money to buy that laptop. As a teacher, I get 500€ from the government every year and I can turn that money into bonuses/coupons to buy tech stuff (laptops, tablet). The total amount of money from bonus I got is around 870€, so I'm going to use this money to buy the Thinkpad.

2) I don't trust used products, they're a hit-or-miss, moreover the bonus I can use only apply to new products.

3) it's true that specs aren't really good for the price I pay, but I don't need to do serious, heavy work on that laptop: I will install Xubuntu Core + i3 on it and use it mainly for browsing the internet, taking notes and creating/editing documents and presentations while I'm at school.

Do I have any alternative choices if I want an affordable, good, robust laptop with good battery life and with a good keyboard that supports Ubuntu well? Maybe, but their price is even more difficult to justify. For instance, I've had my eye on the Acer Swift 1 too, but it's weaker than the Thinkpad, RAM can't be upgraded and some users have reported quite some issues while running Ubuntu on it.

> T440s for cheap, light and comfy laptop
> Change trackpad
> Add more RAM
> Add M.2 SSD for the OS
> Upgrade the 2,5" drive with a big ass HDD
Et voilà

Attached: 9cc8b436311b4a1582f8aea58fd2c201.png (1500x2000, 2.54M)

Look into system76, librem, KDE Slimbook. All have laptops with out of the box Linux so you're guaranteed to have compatible hardware.

False. Read above.

GNU/Linux*

>lightweight less than 2kg
Why?
Anything below 5kg doesn't fucking matter on a laptop.

s76 shills

Attached: 1382586840882.jpg (900x802, 133K)

There's nothing wrong with it.

Elitebook 840 with IPS screen. Avoid consumer garbage like XPS shit.

>below 5kg
>doesn't matter
It's a laptop it's main purpose is being portable you fuck

>not being frail means your fat
the absolute state of lanklets

>T440s for cheap, light and comfy laptop
>Change trackpad
>Add more RAM
or just buy a T450s.

Ideapad 710s, tho battery life is worse than 8 hours.
Where I live it was the cheapest and only laptop under 500$ and 1.3kg (used).

Why not x260 or x270? They are ultra cheap now, under 500$.

the new razerblade

LG Gram 13. Best ratio of weight to battery size as far as I know.

Unusable tier battery life.

>- lightweight less than 2kg
>- battery life at least 8 hours of light-medium usage
>- minimum 16 gigs of ram
but why? these are stupid constraints

I'm going to comp sci college this year and it is my first time buying laptop. I'm not a gamer, just want something that will run quick and smoothly for programming and will last 4 years at least. Thinking of buying pic related, comes with Linux Ubuntu or Microsoft 10 home edition. I'm thinking about dual booting it for Windows/Linux.

Is this a fair price, given the specifications and my needs?

Attached: IMG_20180517_201855.png (1061x1024, 550K)

Is this going to be your sole computer or is it just a mobile machine to compliment your desktop? Because if it is I would suggest something else.

Anons, I have opportunity to get an XPS 13 9360, with 16 GB RAM and 512 GB SSD for like 900€.

Anyone can tell me from experience what I can expect with this laptop regarding battery life and linux compatibility (especially wifi and bluetooth, it has intel network card)?

no it's not, unless you love coil whine

Sole computer, for home and school. My desk comp died and I need laptop for uni anyway, so I'm just throw cash into good laptop that I can use at home and school and will also last few years.

Idk, seems to me thinkpad shills really like the large/thick/black aesthetic

I haven't been following the prices lately, but yeah. All used thinkpads have generally good prices. T450 probaby fell under 300$ now and x270 is prob around 600$ which isn't much for a brand new laptop