Stupid Questions Thread - /SQT/ no links for the ill edition

Kill me user I'm all snotty and nose bleedy.

Attached: 512613_1387022209799_500_275.jpg (499x275, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/thenewboston/videos
mundo-mania.net/login/login
overclock.net/forum/375-mice/1588984-mice-cable-pin-arrangement-internal-connector-size-database.html
jst-mfg.com/product/pdf/eng/ePH.pdf
bestbuy.com/site/viewsonic-vg2453-24-ips-led-fhd-monitor-black/5710426.p?skuId=5710426
amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00H41LYGM/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1526581719&sr=8-8&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=ethernet cable 50 ft&dpPl=1&dpID=41TVu6zjLdL&ref=plSrch
amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B005D83TNO/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1526581142&sr=8-7&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=ethernet cable&dpPl=1&dpID=414OxjKQm9L&ref=plSrch
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Managed to figure it out. It seems like I'm supposed to omit the target folder name in the target parameter (I guess setting a folder as the argument tells it "create that folder here" which is why it got duplicated)

Here's the updated batch file that fixed it:

@echo off
SET source=%1
SET source=%source:"=%
cd /D %1\..
SET target=%cd:~2%
SET target=%target:\=/%
adb push --sync "%source%" "/storage/sdcard1%target%"
pause

Seems to work this way though now I am constrained to not moving over individual files this way and only folders.

So Anons is there any way to properly ban a number (or multiple for that matter) on android? To completely block it from coming through? So my phone doesn't push a notification to the lock screen
Because this shit is completely rediculous
1/2

Attached: Screenshot_20180517-083612_Contacts.jpg (1080x2220, 329K)

>manage to save my old HDD
>copy it on to a new one
>hoping im still able to access my old email because i forgot the password
>log in expired

I have no other way of accessing my gmail despite the account being tied to my phone, and even though I can send a verification code to my phone it still doesn't believe I'm the owner. Google's vague FAQ isn't helping.

Any clue what I can possibly do now? It's been almost three years since I got access to that email, and I'd like to know what is still being sent to it.

Attached: 1522745060214.gif (320x240, 3.07M)

This shit is just on another level I've never had so many spam calls in such little time

Attached: Screenshot_20180517-085427_Contacts.jpg (1080x2220, 327K)

Is there an image recognition software application I can put in my firewall to filter all anime?

What are some resources for designing TUIs?
Even examples of well built TUIs will do.

Doesn't your "phone" app have call blocking? I'm on LineageOS and Cyanogenmod had it before as well where you could go Phone -> Settings -> Call Blocking

Other than the call blocking through the default app, which only kills the call a few seconds after it goes through, no user.
Also I would have lineageOS installed but I'm on a contract and scared of buggering it as insurance doesn't cover it

Attached: Screenshot_20180517-092627_Contacts.jpg (1080x2220, 403K)

I can't get ftp to work in VLC, windows 7.
I can access the media files through windows explores ftp://192.168.1.124 etc, and play them in my browser, but when I try and play them in VLC, through media streaming or drag and drop, I get "VLC is unable to open the MRL "ftp://192.168.1.124:21..."
What gives? How can I fix this?
It's not an FTP issue with my setup. My laptop and my iPad (using VLC) can access the FTP share fine and play all my media files. But on the windows 7 desktop, VLC DOES NOT WORK.
Ideas?

Attached: 1501006073451.png (1700x1946, 1.45M)

Rip you. My call blocking is fucking silent (maybe a bit too silent). Just tested it with my landline again and I get zero notifications on my mobile. For the other end it's just like the line's busy.
There might be some silent call blocking app somewhere but I don't know about any. Good luck.

is my SSD dying? HWinfo64 says it has 85% life span left (and it was 86% yesterday).

Any sort of transfer to the SSD (even from an external mechanical SSD) utilizes 100% of my SSD and causes the seek time/latency to reach 10000ms

also extracting .zip files causes the SSD to reach 100% utiliziation and usage and Windows 10 starts to lag and microfreeze

what do. My other computer with 97% SSD life span doesn't do this

should I replace the SSD?

pic related: when i extracted a regular 5GB .zip

Attached: hjgcvghjvhjghjvjh.png (757x713, 52K)

what is Jow Forums recommended budget flash drive? I need something that is 3.0 and can go on a keychain for presentations and various documents? I am thinking of Kingston DataTraveler SE9 G2

Attached: 71iIMbjPBKL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 227K)

it doesnt really matter, the brands are all the same, no really technology break through, i got me one of these, it was cheap and from a company i know, so win/win

Attached: sandisk_cruzer_blade_8gb_pen_drive.jpg (810x447, 43K)

Oh, actually it turns out I can move individual files this way too... Seems like you can append \.. to the end of a file's path and it will just take you to the folder that file is in, so like cd C:\User\Photos\Photo.jpg\.. would just take you to your photos directory or something.

Depends on where you are and what stores are available to you. Flash drives change prices and go on sale often enough that there isn't any strict go-to model for cheap value, at least for me. I usually find Adata to be decent, but I'll wait for something else to go on sale unless I need to buy one right away.

Personally I never liked cheap Kingstons, their write speeds are shit and I always felt annoyed having to borrow one from someone when I didn't have a spare drive and having to wait a longass time for files to copy. According to the official Kingston website, the SE9 G2 has a top write speed of 15MB/s which is trash, not even faster than what USB 2.0 can offer. I suppose it's not a big deal if you're only ever deal with small documents and files, but why bother? There's got to be faster stuff available near you.

so i am studying for my ccna, i found an ccna book from 2013 for a good price. should i get it or do i need the latest edition ?

How can I become strong?

I'm going to need to turn a single pc into an audio/video server.
Not sure i should call it a single media server because i need them to be separate services: It will play the music on a room while playing the video on some TVs, and the video's audio can't leak to the music room.
Do you guys have any clue or tip of how can i do that? I'm trying jriver for the audio right now and will see how it goes.

Attached: 1524430234540.png (771x807, 1M)

Can't you contact google support? Fuck the FAQ

Is NordVPN a good choice for a VPN if all I care about is torrenting shit without my ISP bitching at me?

Attached: 1518015097489.png (975x662, 658K)

Subsonic or derivative
Plex or xbmc

What does strong mean for you?

use pia

Probably yes. Just make sure your torrents aren't leaking any info about your real address.

Configure your torrent client to prefer encrypted connections and there might have been a few other settings to consider.

Just google ip leak and you'll find an ip leak test where you can test torrents too.

Just a reminder though since piracy is technically illegal, you shouldn't use VPN thinking you can hide from the government. Your ISP and copyright associations are unlikely you track you down.

But that being said
I agree. Use PIA.

what is the universal opinion on youtube.com/user/thenewboston/videos

>tfw responsible for over half of the quality shitposting on this board
I love you guys, but I'm getting tired. You're losing touch with your roots. Should I just stop now? Is nu-Jow Forums here to stay?

you can make it brah

I'm having some difficulties, since the dorms I live in only support 5 GHz wifi. This is a bit of a problem, since some of my devices are, understandably, not dual-band.
My idea to fix this, since my PC has a dual-band wireless card, was to setup a hosted network, or maybe even share the connection to an old 2.4 router I have. However, neither of these seemed to work for me.
Both of these methods seem to have fail to assign IP addresses, to my other devices.

I double check to make sure that the ICS service was running, I cycled it, etc.
With the hosted network, I tried cycling the hosted network, sharing my wifi, to Local Area 14, restarting the network, etc.
When I attempted with router, I disabled DHCP, and then connected the WAN port to my PC's ethernet port, before sharing the wifi connection, to my ethernet. Same problem; can't assign IP addresses.

What do?

Attached: 1471056404396.jpg (679x673, 104K)

i'm afraid so

Can I use recuva to recover lost photos on the internal memory of an android phone (Xiaomi Mi A1)?
If not, what should I do? Thx

Attached: 1502333426732.gif (256x256, 361K)

I think Recuva supports Ext4 so it's worth a shot.

whats the best way to look up info on someone without paying for one of those Checkmate type sites?

Hey uhm... I've been looking for an image analogy kind of like this one but with a bunch of naked anime grils sitting on a table. Anyone have it?

Attached: IMG_1216.jpg (580x580, 76K)

Probably get these questions a lot but is C# a good first language? If not what should I begin with?

Attached: 1526094418543.gif (500x279, 436K)

C# is kind of like Java but comfier. I think it's a good first language.

Are there any recommended resources (like a certain book or something) that I should read or would any be fine?

How can I tell if a microSD is dying or not?

The one in my phone was my default drive, but at one point it started acting up (Clover couldn't load images, couldn't read most files on it but they still showed up etc). I tried removing it and putting it back, other random things, didn't work.
So I buy a new one, but before that I plug in my phone to see if i can salvage any data. Everything seems to be fine, I unplug it, at my card works as normal.

Was my phone fucking up, or is the cad dying? I don't want to throw it out if it works

No idea frend I learned thriugh classes and practice

Best Linux distro for programming? Or just most perfect distro overall?

Attached: 1507799255425.png (1280x719, 818K)

Your first language should be something low level, maybe not C, but C++

If you start with Java or C# you will pick up bad habits

They are all the exact same, the software is exactly the same on every distro.

Which is the adblocker I should get for my Firefox Quantum

I want to lubricate my laptop fan, but I don't know what kind of oil I should put.

some time ago, I put some very thin oil and it worked fine for like 2 days then it dried up.

I have 2 options now.
>Thin oil (but not too thin, kind that you put in bicycle chain)
>medium oil, almost like honey, it's put in heavy machinery ( I'm guessing this will not dry out ?)

I can't try them both, since I have so much thermal paste for like 2 appliances, thanks

wd40

Having some screen tearing on my tv every couple on seconds. its on all inputs and in the menu the model on the tv is "VIZIO D43-C1 43" 1080p 120Hz Class LED HDTV" is it fixable at home?

No question - ublock origin.

Seems like the du -h flag doesn't work on the ADB shell, is there an alternate way to easily check the sizes of all the subfolders of a particular folder?

I mean I guess I can still use du but it outputs in bytes rather than MB/GB/whatever so it's harder to tell at a glance how big everything actually is.

Suggestions on what to upgrade to from an LG G5? Needs to be AT&T and I want to install LineageOS.

>xda

Pushover, Pushbullet or anything else?

Pushups.

Theoretically speaking, how would one publish data genuinely anonymously and not get caught?
In this instance, the guy has signed NDA with a large undisclosed manufacturer, and needs to get information out without it being traced back to him. How would said guy go about doing this?
He can't just approach said company and have a reasonable discussion, but said information is fairly vital.

Whistleblower laws protect him

Help me out here. I am trying to simulate a multi-site network that routes through external IPs on the bench without setting up VPNs. I have a bunch of level two switches, what is my best option for connecting them? Sorry if my diagram makes no sense.

Attached: IMG_20180517_104929.jpg (2394x2956, 914K)

how the fuck do i block this hugeass banner
mundo-mania.net/login/login

ublock origin wont do shit about it

Only if the information in question is related to a violation of law.

If it isnt, then why would it be worth leaking?

I just realized that the county waste disposal site says "place your cans 3 feet apart at the curb" and like I've always every week placed them like one inch apart so they are practically touching since I don't want to block my driveway or waste a large amount of curb space

Does the garbage truck guy think I am an asshole now?

What are common ways for windows programs to check if you already have had a trial version earlier?

Ask every media leaker ever.

Leaving files behind when you uninstall it or requiring an account.

Yes.

doesn't help you right now but, this is why you need a password manager.

Attached: 1504137713278.jpg (577x725, 57K)

It's over for prisoncels

I suppose either registry or hidden files on drive. Are there other possibilities?

They could also log your hard disk serial or mac address?

What do you wish there was more of on the internet?
Me, I wish there were more big alternatives to YouTube
and you??

we were born too soon,
imagine the amount of content there will be in 50 years.

Does anyone know what connector type is used for the USB cable of a Logitech MX500 (I’m talking about the interior connector which connects the cable to the actual board of the mouse)?
Using the information at overclock.net/forum/375-mice/1588984-mice-cable-pin-arrangement-internal-connector-size-database.html I narrowed it down to being some kind of “JST 2.0 PH 5-Pin”, but comparing it with the specification at jst-mfg.com/product/pdf/eng/ePH.pdf shows it is not the exact type.
I think the same type of connector was also used in the MX510, MX518 and G400.

Attached: IMG_0799_crop.jpg (468x384, 151K)

other side of the connector

Attached: IMG_0802_crop.jpg (405x348, 100K)

>content
There will be very little non-state funded media.
The Internet as a whole is under attack, since it was created, and they are slowly,illegally chipping away at free speech on The Internet.
I imagine almost complete state control of websites. Freedom of The Press will be abolished soon.

How should I go about making an external gpu for a T470?

I used to have a custom windows 10 theme that I liked but after a windows update now my explorer looks like this. Is there any why I can reset the default colors? I've tried switching to high contrast and back and that stupid black bar still persists. Thats the only color thing that I notice and it bugs the shit out of me.

Attached: help.png (1920x1080, 1.97M)

If it matters at all it used to look like this before the update removed my 3rd party themes.

Attached: Untitled.png (868x644, 44K)

So today I decided to run memtest on an old laptop out of curiosity, and got pic related. Now, the RAM passed the test, but I'm still confused as to why it says it's running as DDR2-798 when the sticks are DDR3-1333, as if the computer ran DDR2 the slots for the RAM would be different. Is the CPU + chipset just that crappy or something?

Attached: 1526576102394.jpg (3462x2187, 772K)

that is indeed just a regular 2.0mm 5pin jst connector. if you get a jst plug in that format you will have to rearrange the wires to match the original pin configuration

Anybody here still use an early netbook with pic related? If so, how is it?

Attached: atbadge.jpg (193x145, 10K)

Assuming the hardware is similar to that on my tablet (1GB ram, Atom processor), absolutely horrible.

Is offline file conversion software a thing?

Yes. Usually it's as trivial as opening a file and saving it as something else.

what kind of file conversion

I need to download the botnet in order to download some files from Mega. Does a privacy/recommended settings guide exist for Chrome like the logical increments one for Firefox?

Alternatively, is there any way to bypass the Mega file size limit for Firefox without downloading their desktop app?

Attached: Chrome-Logo.png (2700x2200, 449K)

Video to audio

Ya, you just extract the audio with ffmpeg. Or in case of youtube videos for example you just download the audio only from youtube with youtube-dl.

I need some help before buying linksys wrt1900 and installing ddwrt on it

basically internet/wifi access point is running a socks5 server on it something like (192,168.43.2), routing all traffic to that address is the only way to access internet. Currently I connect directly to the AP with all my devices (android phone, win laptop), I found an app on android that will route all traffic to a proxy and also have program called proxifier on a laptop that will do the same thing.

I now want to add a router in between my devices and AP so my router will connect to AP and my devices to my router.

I want to normally connect tomy router and then, from the router, forward the traffic to AP/socks server. Can this be done easily in ddwrt (or any other open source firmwares)?

Pic unrelated

Attached: 1526504050323.jpg (774x1032, 113K)

early atoms were a fucking joke, I've heard they're better now but once burned twice shy

>for firefox
It is not restricted to firefox, you have the same limit with any browser,and with downloaders like plowshare and jdownloader.
You gotta pay or you get limited per 12 hours

do I want uefi booting of legacy booting when installing either gentoo or arch?

what does the "super seeding mode" on qbittorent?

Do you guys think this will work for CAD work?

bestbuy.com/site/viewsonic-vg2453-24-ips-led-fhd-monitor-black/5710426.p?skuId=5710426

Attached: Pig.gif (160x160, 523K)

What the fuck is the purpose of input-redirection specifically

Would a hug make you feel better user?

Attached: 1437003931674.gif (354x534, 208K)

Check up and down speed through Wifi on MoBo
>30 DL, 10 up.
Check up and down speed with Ethernet cable cnnected to shitty wifi router
>150 DL/15 Up
there is no way for me to use an ethernet cable cable with my shitty router unless I drill some holes in the walls and my only option is to use pic related.Is this a good idea? Should I go for it? I've also experienced ping spikes and horrible packet loss due to buffer bloat. Will pic related solve these issues as well?

Attached: isittheonlyway.png (440x293, 75K)

hmmm not sure how well that works, they send the packages on the eletric system of the house??

either way nothing beats an ethernet cable...

>t.Chinese IP thief

Practically speaking, you can't safely do it anymore because you've posted about the intent here.

amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00H41LYGM/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1526581719&sr=8-8&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=ethernet cable 50 ft&dpPl=1&dpID=41TVu6zjLdL&ref=plSrch
amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B005D83TNO/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1526581142&sr=8-7&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=ethernet cable&dpPl=1&dpID=414OxjKQm9L&ref=plSrch
Any reason at all not to get the cheaper one?

What argument do I use to counter "nothing to hide nothing to fear"? I feel like this is a very basic counterargument to privacy, but I can't think of a good argument against it.

Sorry I'm a brainlet. Pls help I want to convince people that free software is good.

Attached: confused_ika_by_mio94-d9ucisv.png (890x898, 238K)

>unless I drill some holes in the walls

Better start drilling then.
And use pic related so you only need a tiny hole.

Attached: Aluminium-Draagbare-Ethernet-Netwerk-Kabel-Crimper-Telefoonlijn-Draad-Krimptang-Ratchet-Hand-Tool.jp (800x800, 81K)

>Samsung SSD 840 EVO + Full Disk Encryption with TrueCrypt 7.1a + Windows 7
>can't boot anymore
>270 bad sectors, TrueCrypt Recovery Disk can't read or write volume/boot headers anymore
>try USB Ubuntu to mount with TrueCrypt, tells me that I'm fucked because it's a hardware issue

Is there any hope for recovery? I don't even care about the SSD other than my 20gb reactions folder that is very precious to me. Any ghetto fix for the bad blocks just so I can mount the damn thing?

Attached: image.jpg (4500x3000, 980K)