Jow Forumsram

is this the new official board laptop?

2.1 pounds
14 hour battery life
8250u
999$

Attached: lg-gram-678_678x452.jpg (678x495, 186K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fc6ODCqepb8?t=132
ifixit.com/Guide/LG Gram 15-Inch Repairability Assessment/79142
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no

Wait until the new ThinkPad A485 comes out with Ryzen APU (Vega graphics)

x220 user detected

I know that the future is a scary place for the less advanced, so I've posted something calming and familiar for you.

Attached: 31MVVPV7Z1L.jpg (500x272, 13K)

wtf why is apple making lg branded macbooks

If I can be serious for a moment, I appreciate thinkpads, but ever since superfish etc. and the slap in the face that was the anniversary edition, I really don't trust them anymore.

so the good users of this board can have something like the apple products they're so transparently jealous of, while still being able to run their faux-elitist ricing os.

no clit/10

>$999
nah mate, we get our labtops refurbished for around a hundred bucks

Attached: hurr.png (284x1146, 84K)

Thinkpads never got superfish

There are people who hate numpads.
There are people who love numpads.
Based LG. One easy trick to trigger both and appeal to basicaly no one.

Attached: 62d9908a-4fcb-46e1-8d3c-9894f0f30d19.jpg (481x607, 63K)

Attached: canada.png (668x1048, 216K)

so get the 13 inch model

Is it possible to make a laptop from the new intel nuc with vega graphics? Add laptop screen, keyboard, battery and 3d print the enclosure?

I'm sure there are commercially available (or soon to be) laptops with said chipset.

That's really apple level of shilling. Gooks aiming high.

Attached: fg.jpg (600x494, 29K)

>1366x768

retune your shilldar
I am but a simple euromutt.

I'm just surprised I haven't seen this thing recommended or even discussed much.
I figured people would be interested in a straight upgrade from their x220s, as those poor 1366x768 tn panels and 7 year old entry level i5s must be a burden to people wanting to do actual work.

Although my assuming people do actual work here is incorrect, and so said specs are perfectly adequate for the chosen workload of meaningless rice and screenfetch threads.

although maybe my assuming

please pardon retardation

I bought an LG phone once.
This is when my adventure with LG ended.
I'd like to keep it that way.

I'd agree to stay away from their phones for the time being.
I owned a 5x, it was awful.
With that being said, I've known a lot of people with older model grams, and none have had problems.
Additionally, I've seen nothing on the web to indicate they're of poor manufacturing quality, so I don't feel bad making quasi-recommendations.

Nah. I've owned a LG TV and a phone, both turned out to be dogshit. I'm never trusting them again.

> straight upgrade from their x220s
Not for a $1000, although SODIMM and M.2 slots is a good thing.

>not for a 1000$
Well yeah, it isn't going to be free, but for a featherlight ultrabook, that seems pretty fair to me.
I suppose I figured the practicality would appeal to people here.

I bought a Toshiba Chromebook 2 and honestly does all I need for mobile computing. Even has an m.2 slot of you really want to replace the main drive with a larger capacity.

Why people spend $1000+ for an "Ultrabook" with underpowered internals and shit heat management is beyond me.

>macbook clone
no

>underpowered internals
>shit heat management

come on user when you don't do any fucking research like this then I have to respond and now i look like some gook shill

it has an i5-8250u, which is completely fucking fine for 99% of people, and overkill for most of those.
as for thermal management
youtu.be/fc6ODCqepb8?t=132
it clearly doesn't have any problems

oh shit user macbooks have fucking keys too better stop using those
jesus christ man

>1366x768 fucking tn panel in the year of our lord 2018
>128gb sata
could you at least try next time

Underpowered internals yes for the price. $1000 for a U series i5? And heat management in regards to when people spec out an Ultrabook. I.e. the few who spend $1800+ to get some stupidly thin laptop but have an i7 and dedicated Nvidia card jammed in there and wonder why the laptop can cook eggs off the keyboard or are constantly throttling.

Pic related is just some random laptop I pulled from Newegg with the same CPU. My question was how do people justify their purchase? So much money for so little.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-17-16-11-14.png (1440x2560, 619K)

user it weights 1kg (2.1 lb)
that's light as hell
the laptop (which is hp and should be immediately disregarded as overheating trash) that you've posted weighs more than twice as much.
It's clearly tailored for a specific usecase
if you can't accept that there are unavoidable tradeoffs involved in making these design decisions, or that different people have different and entirely valid preferences, you may unironically have clinical autism.
additionally, the gram lineup doesn't have a dgpu. Your insistence on pressing a point that you haven't bothered to even cursorily looked into is wrong and disappointing.

I don't need that kind of power in a laptop. I have a desktop for that. Make one with a shitty Celeron that doesn't need a fan, but otherwise high quality parts, for a third of the price and you have a sale.

I believe this is called a chromebook

might have to look into a laptop like the one in OP since i'm dropping my desktop soon and the x200 i carried around might not cut it if it's my main

I said a laptop, not a dog turd. And I want it to be a normal PC I can run whatever OS I want on.

Why can't I get a cool, low power CPU in a fanless laptop that won fall to pieces in 6 months?

hey mcniggerator fuck you this is a gook laptop shilling thread not your personal recommendation generator
if you can't figure out how to install linux on a chromebook go fuck yourself with an ill-manufactured dragon dildo

I can install Linux on a chromebook but it isn't what I want. Standards exist for a reason and I want a machine that follows them, not one I have to exploit every boot.

And I'm not looking for recommendations, I'm giving the gook shill feedback.

>that fucking keyboard
>paying 1 grand for le thin meme

Attached: 10 years later and this is still a thing.png (650x500, 86K)

>1366x768 TN

jesus christ this is worse than my beat-up ancient x220

>LG
enjoy no quality control.

>Linus Cuck Tips

At small sizes it's an alright resolution. My bigger gripe is all the 768p panels are shit quality with poor color and viewing angle. But this doesn't matter much if you're using it to write emails, make spreadsheets and check Facebook. You can pay more and get 1080p IPS if you want, of course.

Are there have any decent non-thin repairable laptop that not Chinkpad

fpbp

no
homosexual muh thin normalfags like OP won

t.bootloop

This pissed me to no end.
A laptop is already a large object that need to carry in backpack.So if they can make a thin,light laptop .Can they make a thick version from the same platform with added battery for the rest of us who dont mind a 3 kg laptop.

>1366x768
ill stick w my 1440x900 x200s

i am still using my lg made nexus 5. 5 year old cellphone still chuggin along

you know the gram is extremely user-repairable right?
haha jk this is 14yearoldchan
ifixit.com/Guide/LG Gram 15-Inch Repairability Assessment/79142

Attached: earog.png (1577x901, 2M)

Looks like shit. Also:
>consumer laptops
I'll stick to my chinkpads.

Wtf, how did they make a 72Whr battery that small? No one else can do it. They could fit an extra sata drive and a half with that space. A battery that size from other companies would probably be like 38 to 44Whr, like on the Dell Inspirons

why doesn't Jow Forums have a laptop thread? we have a PC thread and thinkpad threads but no general laptop if you don't want a shitty TN panel laptop or if you want a nice laptop. whats a good $700 laptop

>that keyboard
It's like you want RSI

>999$

Attached: 9aedabbd8c96a84ed59ff48edf34cd68.gif (426x240, 897K)

based yui

that's the 15 inch model, which weighs 2.4 lbs

???
I tried the 13 inch model out at a fry's store, and while it wasn't as good as say my old 2010 mbp, it was still much better than the vast majority of laptops I've come into contact with.
If you don't believe me, read/watch some reviews, and you'll find similarly glowing praise.

Macbook will never be Jow Forums.

Nigga u blind af

can't blame him, they all look the same these days

when will this "hey let's all just copy apple" meme be over? macbooks are ugly as fuck. computers should look like pic related

Attached: 27ellenby-obit-2-jumbo.jpg (599x405, 37K)

>that keyboard tho

Hnnnnng

>Thinkpads never got superfish
keep telling yourself that

>1366x768
>8gigs
yeah no fuck off

I agree, bought the G4, broke twice.

Not even going to touch an LG product with a stick in the future.

What do you do on a day to day basis that an i5 2520m can't do, an 8250u can, and shouldn't be offloaded to a computer with serious compute?

Screen = not an argument. 1080p IPS panels are readily available and easy to swap in.