Nvidia GTX 1180 Founders Edition looks set to rock PCs in July

So, how many billions is this going to cost at launch? By autumn?

Attached: Untitled.png (652x667, 380K)

I hope they optimized the card for ether mining

Attached: 1464449136332.jpg (500x500, 10K)

I hope they optimized the card for ebay reselling

Nice, I wanted to build a new mining rig.
Got 12K to blow
Might make several

I hope there's a special mining edition.

Based

Not based

this plus a big format gaming monitor will be my next purchase

>buying an overpriced refresh of some outdated architecture

just wait for 7nm cards next year

>1080 ti refresh
i'll keep mine thanks

>wait another year when most people have already been waiting a year because of the mining meme
ree

Just wait faggot next year we get both 7nm CPUs and GPUs

Everyone who upgrades now if full retard and will kill themselves next year when the new gens come out and they BTFO everything that came before. We're going from 14nm to 7nm the performance jumps will be huge.

i hope all the miners buy them and they release a better version two months later
because
fuck the consumers

>Rumor
Anyway i wonder what kind of memory it will use HBM or GDDR6.

Until the year after next year when NEW new processors come out and BTFO the new processors.

Then it would be better to tell people to buy lower mid range parts if they're in need of an upgrade now and not to splurge until next year.

Attached: 1473904892658.jpg (1106x1012, 362K)

>GDDR6.

That's not how it works faggot next year is a huge process shrink. To give you an idea we've been on 14nm since 2014. Process halvings don't come around every year.

And going forward who the fuck even knows how much smaller it will get with 7nm in 2019 and 5nm projected for 2021 we're nearing the limits of what is possible.

Any leaked benchmarks of the 1180? How much does it out perform the 1080Ti? I Intend to liquid cool the card so I don't mind buying a reference model if need be.

>Just wait

Any source on nVidia having 7nm lined up for next year?

There are Asics for eth now nigger. Also eth will be switching to pos soon anyway so this would be irrelevant.

43 more performance points - this is well known.

>soigoys with their shitty PC gaymen builds an heroing over "NO MORE VIDEO GAEMS"
>retarded cryptofags with their dumb monopoly money throwing themselves out the window every time price goes down 0.00001%
Meanwhile I'm shitposting on the same comfy computer I've had for the past 9 years without any problems or performance issues.

Attached: 2ccfa121-1ec6-4487-b010-2ca251f7b9e2.jpg (480x360, 17K)

Hoping this decreases the 10xx series cost a bit.

I got my 970 back when gpus where still cheap. Still no reason to upgrade

Based poorfag

WE were so CLOSE to affordable 4K 60fps GAMING bros, what the fuck happened!

none for nvidia only amd has 7nm

People realized 4K is shit unless you're a gaymen. Now 60FPS I can agree with for pretty much anything, but 4K is a dying meme.

They shilled 4k too hard for it to fail now. They're going to force the meme down your throat untill you like it.

Who cares how small their transistors are when their drivers are non-functional.

bought myself a 1060 6GB just before this whole bitshit thing exploded late last year

Attached: 1268336778211.jpg (300x450, 116K)

>People realized 4K is shit unless you're a gaymen.

are you one of those people that have a 40+ inch TV as a monitor ?

Attached: retina.png (480x479, 126K)

Actually, I don't use a TV because I don't need one.

Shit, meant to address to you. Accidentally pressed undo right before posting.

>got a unstable 1080Ti at launch
>it's stable at 13MHz below what the BIOS clocks it at so I don't give a fuck
>been sitting on it all this time
>going to get me a free 1180 when I RMA my (((broken))) 1080Ti in a few months

Attached: IMG_5429.png (600x538, 299K)

Attached: 1507429257218.jpg (960x538, 69K)

I'm still on 560 ti/i5 2500k OC at 4.66ghz, I don't need to upgrade

user as someone who has a similarly clocked 2500k and a 4gb 960, I don't understand how you survive.

Had a 550 Ti/4690k a few years ago.
The build is ok for 720p/900p gaming.

For everything outside of videogames (DAWs, video editing, 3dsmax) it's all I need, and I don't really bother with big budget AAA games anyway

>gamers shit talk people who buy $800 iphones that they constantly use
>proceed to spend $800 on a video card in order to do timewasting activities meant for children and teenagers

Also this
If you are not gaming, then you can afford the right tool for the job. Professionals have company machines. Most other people don't need modern hardware, or are fine with a pentium or celeron.

I've been stuck with fx 6300 + gtx 660 since 2012-2013, but it still just works

Same here but the 3GB. I regret not going for the 6GB version with a better cooler though. Itd last me 3-4 years at 1080p.

based

What?
Windows driver is at least on par and Linux one is fucking light years ahead with new amdgpu Pro driver.
It's not even tied to kernel/xorg version, unlike Nvidia.

>3.5

I bought mine well after. Had to pay $140 for it.

Just bought another Pascal GPU (1070ti MSI Titanium) on the cheap (new from newegg)
Total comes out to about $389 after all of the discounts.

Nvidia waited to long and has provided no details.
I'm not buying this new series for anything other than reselling it at an insane price on ebay to someone who slept through the launch. That will likely pay for my 1070ti titanium card.

Tired of waiting. The Titan V costs $3,000 vs the Titan XP that costs $1,200. No way in fuck this launches for any reasonable price. $700-$1000 is my estimate.

I already have a number of pascal cards I do compute work on (no gaymen). I had a final card to purchase and I just have. I know many others in the same boat.

I've learned time and time again that new hardware has bugs + software that takes forever to be refined.. GDDR5->GDDR6 is not going to blow the doors of anything. PCI-E bus latencies still apply and is the bottleneck. They're still running this shit on PCIE 3.0 and not PCIE 4.0. So, this is nothing more than a 1080 refresh.

The card that gets my $$ is an AFFORDABLE :
> PCIE 4.0
> HBM 2.0
> 7nm
Vidya with all the fixens. Otherwise this shit is a gimmick for dumb fucks who want to cram pixel density at higher refresh rates.

The extent of the new architecture is already visible in the Titan V and there's nothing of note to pay double for. Again, Titan XP : $1,200. Titan V $3,000. The niggers doubled the price. Why the hell would I wait to see what they are going to do?

Based user

Unless the windows version has massively improved since 2016, they're definitely not as good, or at least weren't when I was still using my 7950.

Linux drivers are much better, though. NVIDIA Linux is a fucking dumpster fire.

congratulations on buying something absolutely irrelevant slightly less overpriced than what it is now.

Attached: no no no.webm (1280x720, 1.91M)

Attached: 1525562696252.gif (320x240, 2.87M)

This.

Who?

based blacked poster

>approaching the limits of what's possible
people have been saying this for decades. Show me proof that this happens and will happen before we get down to hundreds of pn

At 5nm you start running into quantum tunneling, it's the end of moore's law

You're somewhat right, but not right enough. It's the same concern over peak oil.

>Founders edition
Into the trash it goes

Amd drivers HAVE massively improved since 2016 actually. They've been good since early 2017 Relive drivers.
t. Rx 480 owner

Pretty much for sure GDDR6, Samsung (or was it SK? I don't remember) has been producing that stuff for several months now and they wouldn't be doing that if they didn't know an up and coming product was going to use it. Nvidia has no reason to use HBM anyway right now, it's more expensive than GDDR6 they don't really need it. The 11 series probably won't even be all GDDR6, the 1180 will be GDDR6, the 1170 might get GDDR5X because its cheaper and the 1160 and lower will probably just get GDDR5.

This. I would assume a board with daily threads about programming would orgasm over the thought of 3+ 4k or 8k monitors.

There's already research into 3nm. The problem with shrinking beyond 5nm on silicon is cost. It's just no longer cost efficient to shrink beyond that point, unless we have some kind of break through in the way we prevent quantum tunneling. It's probably better to dump research funds into new materials once we reach 5nm, rather than continuing with silicon.

GDDR6, HBMeme is overpriced

this

When are GPU prices going to recover from the Bitcoin fuckers buying them up?

When crypto crashes, all the buttcoiners go broke, and they can't afford to buy up all the cards the moment they become available.

When the gooks stop colluding to keep production down.

When Bitmain dumps it's eth asics

>Founders Edition

Attached: DSC_0062.jpg (1920x1080, 401K)

>mining with GPUs when bitmain still has ASICs doing their thing

The voltage are locked, aibs are useless inb4 the noise

>wait for ryzen
>wait for minning shit to calm down
>wait for 10/7nm
>wait for new chips to get more polished follow-ups
>wait for 5nm
>wait for quantum computing
>wait for neuro-chips
>wait for brain-uploading

>not waiting for universal consciousness

When Micron, SK Hynix, and Samsung get slapped down by governments for price collusion. They're intentionally not producing enough VRAM to drive prices sky high.

Nah man even with gayming a cheap modern pendium does the job well. Only faggot streamers need more than that. My g4560 does not only general spreadshits and remote tech support but also gayming.

pamp it

Attached: download (1).jpg (247x204, 10K)

you think you're sneaky with that 3 year gap? 2019 7nm chips are clearly the right time to buy

>having a GPU in 2018

Lol tards.

>not waiting for the next universal cycle and all the bug-fixes

No.

>Noise
>Heat
AIBs still have higher power targets and clocks which they can also properly cool.

I'd rather buy a car. GPU market is fucked and never ever return to what it once was.

it's 2018. that meme has died.

Huh, neat. Most of my time with the 7950 had quite a few issues but nothing horribly terrible. I wouldn't say the drivers were necessarily bad even then, just not as good. Glad to hear they're better now.

Just don't bother. Even today Jow Forums will spout stupid shit like how "27/28/32 inches is too small for a 4k monitor, enjoy your tiny text"

Attached: 1323912103967.png (1440x851, 128K)

I got a 960 and i can run anything i want. I don't understand the reason to buy new video cards on launch. They blow a grand on hardware that will typically be faulty on the first few waves and then the price drops 400 bucks.

2017 was kinda valid

Mining shit has (temporary) calmed down and GPU prises still remain high save for a few sales which run out of stock in half an hour. Cryptos usually peak in later half of the year so enjoy even more fucked prices and new GPU with ridiculous MSRP.

>calmed down
Until mining crashes hard it will not calm down. Things still get bought very fast at MSRP on Nvidia's site

>AIBs still have higher power targets and clocks which they can also properly coo
Not with pascal

Attached: 2018_05_17_20_36_45_Review_TechPowerUp.png (1047x435, 70K)

Mining is here to stay the sooner you realize that the better it is for your mental health. And miner will fuck up the GPU prices untill there's some new hardware or algorithm that make GPU mining obsolete. So waiting for it to crash is futile and you should buy a gpu you can afford as soon as it's reasonably close to msrp.

Mining will lead to the end of modern civilization.

>coil whine

Attached: nvidia vs amd vs intel vs apple.jpg (700x700, 63K)

>Actually believes AMD is gonna release 7mm GPU next year.

My 970 whines like a bitch

graphene