>textbook cost 200 dollars
>prof never use it except to assign homework
how can this even be legal?

Attached: 480w_s.jpg (480x504, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zuj.edu.jo
libgen.io
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i usually ask my professors if i can get assignments for Xth edition because its the only one i can find a pdf for without paying. around half try to help, two did it without asking, and one gave us the pdf himself

Dont do the homework then?

nigger

>download and read the older edition
>it has been modified as an anti-piracy measure and misinforms you
>fail all the homeworks
>fail the midterms
>your classmates laugh and your professor cringes at you

Attached: 1524883735730.png (388x381, 95K)

>he actually thinks they change anything other than 5 spelling errors to jew out new editions ASAP to institutions

i wont pay 200$ per three months on books when i could use those dollars for synths, and as OP says theyre only used for homework, and their content is brought up on lectures/can be found in other books.

so not a nigger, but a lazy mf with skewed priorities

>trying to find a textbook for a compsci/systems development course
>after hours of searching the only result is some scummy russian site where you have to pay 1 dollar for a download of the pdf
>pay up
>it's actually legit and works

Attached: 1427650819719.jpg (676x858, 110K)

>new foreword by some irrelevant guy!
>additional chapter on where the industry is going!
>we switched chapter seven and eight around!
>new cover art!

I like those sites where a book is 10 download credits and you have 8. Additional 10 000 credits is $5

I am guessing you dropped out of college?

nah questions usually differ from other editions. thats the only thing they change

better watch your bank account closely from now on

its too late im already buying gpus with his card

You should pool the money to by the book then share copies of the pages you require.

Me and my buds did this.. we all chipped in with $10 except one who put in $50 and we let him keep the book in exchange for pdf copies. (The $50 guy had to take good pics and scan every page)

>tfw no engineering buddies

nigga just name the book and someone here might find it for you

digital design 6th edition but theres no pdf copies prob

This was one of the first things that made me realize that college is largely a scam. In some of my classes where a textbook (newer edition too) was required, we ended up not even opening it once. Literally kept it in the shrinkwrap so I could sell it back to some other poor sap.

Sometimes you just get lucky. The University of Jordan (yes, that Jordan) had my linear algebra textbook for free

the worst is where youi had to rent an online copy of the textbook just to answer some question. fuck you PEARSON

Meanwhile in commie Europe:

Professor: ok class, we'll be using these books, I picked them up from our department's library, after this introductory class please go and copy the relevant chapters at the copy shop down the road

michael jordan???????

it should be a fucking law to have some required textbook in the school library

I had a professor that wrote the book but actually gave us copies for the term

Ah, i see, you are just retarded.
>give book info
>hur dur it's called BOOK

What author, year, publishrer.

>just name the book
>he names the book
what's the problem retard

zuj.edu.jo

theres literally one result from the name but okay
>mano, morris
>2017
>pearson
no need to be rude :(

Umm let me guess new edition? I recommend buy one book but ask money from everyone and copy for whole class.

t. europoor who paid literally $50 worth of books throughout of college

you got the poor part right at least :(

>Found every single book PDF I needed for free on libgen.io
>Soft Dev BSc + Comp Sci MSc without paying a dime because I live in Europe
>Graduated with 6000 euros in the bank with zero debt
>Work as a Data Scientist, have my own apartment
>Just turned 25

Only thing I paid for is a few udemy courses at 10$

>text required for stupid English class
>it was written by the teacher
never felt so jewed in my life

Yes, goy, keep buying these brand-new $250 books that have a few letter differences from the previous edition.

Attached: 667b80a6c5e855975a12dc84e8534c0c.jpg (398x465, 61K)

>dad has to pay tons of money to buy books for my sister
>they are all english books
>he doesn't need to do it on me because my college has a huge as fuck library and I've gotten every book I needed online
>he gets me beer every saturday and we just chill
get cucked

>drinking with your dad every Saturday
what is it like to not have any friends?

libgen.io

Amazing, he is the best bud I could ever have. I also hate every faggot in my college but hey at least I have a gf.

cute whats her(his) name?

>pays ginormous amount of money for tuituin
>can't pay a few hundreds for books

It's a she(female) and her name is Nadia

>russian import gf

Student: Fantastic, could I get some engineering or science books?

Professor: Of course not, we only teach things that matter, like the role of gender in society or how to bring about the downfall of Israel. Science involves numbers which we have found to reinforce capitalism and hetronormativity.

>meanwhile in third world mexico
>ok class we'll be using all these books, you can't find them online so I'll give them to you if you have a flash drive
>we all get the books
>only a handful of people read them, I know because most of the solutions to the exercises they give us are in there and lots of people can't do said exercises

#inlude

Just memeing, if this is true good for you.

/thread
>tfw university isn't Jewish and textbooks aren't required at all
I guess it sucks to be murrican
Sounds like a chad professor who didn't got cucked by his editor

As long as it doesn’t have an online homework key you can just ask somebody to let you take a picture of the problems

Unless the homework is graded (in almost all my classes the homework isn't graded.. *assignments are but not the practice problems from the book and such*). Generally you can get away with an older edition... sure the exact problems are different but it's the same concepts so you're still getting the practice you need and the professors want you to have.

What are the best sites to obtain textbooks?

Attached: 1526096406895.png (978x683, 725K)

Just Google the book name followed by pdf. Some Asian unis host popular CS and Math books on public file servers.

The textbook companies run a profiteering racket, and the universities are in on it.

Ask some classmates, someone's definitely got a PDF.

because we have friends

Your library probably has copies. Go there and take pictures of the exercise pages.

Be a normalfag and ask to take pictures of someone's book