Why do CS majors prefer Linux?

Why do CS majors prefer Linux?
And EE majors do prefer Windows?

Attached: 1480097589690.png (800x1280, 654K)

making software
using software

CS majors are s᠌oyboys

Solidworks and Altium are windows only. That being said, there are a lot of Linux circuit simulation programs.

EE majors are employed.

Attached: 795.png (853x480, 404K)

Did hiro get rid of the filter for basedboys?
rip in peace

Basedboys

All the major EE software packages are Windows only. And Windows is ass at command line and dev unless you install Ubuntu inside it.

Ignore all previous answers by shitty memers.

CS majors prefer GNU+Linux because it has a sane architecture and many abstraction tools that facilitate the development of software. The beautiful, cleanly-designed, modular Linux architecture reminds them of the clean software architecture patterns and class diagrams they're used to when designing software that they end up developing by stacking unsafe pointer sorcery rituals up anyway.

EE majors prefer Windows because Windows is such a piece of shit that when making drivers, you literally need to do some obscure hacking to set the registers because Windows has no character files. The dog shit Windows architecture reminds them of the spaghetti wiring they're used to when building shitty robots whose sensors break down every 2 hours.

T. CS major

t. weeded out by 1st year BJT and MOSFET microelectronics course

In Shenzen.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1526591961938.jpg (488x600, 123K)

EE here, I use Manjaro. Windows can blow me.

Basedboy

Neither GNU or Linux have sane architectures and they aren't modular or clean, they might not be as bad as Windows, but both are awful

Linux is a lot easier for me to develop java with. Can write aliases and path variables and use useful linix commands. Windows has powershell and it is gay

since no one here seems to really be an EE or have a related job, I'll post the answer:
because most EE related software is windows-only.

Based

>be CS student
>spare time to waste building their desktops

>be EE student
>need to get shit done because don't have time to be fooling around

Because developing on GNU/Linux is so much nicer than on windows due to thinks like package managers, competent text editors and compilers with non-obscure command line flags.
EE guys use windows because their software is on windows due to the windows market dominance.

The only real answers, everything else is a lie.

CS majors tend to work more with building software, whereas EE majors tend to work more with building hardware.

So people who spend their time building software prefer a system that makes it easier.

As for EE majors, they don't necessarily need one or the other, Linux or Windows, they only need their specific software which happens to be on Windows. Actually, I don't think EE majors know anything about Linux, other than it doesn't have their software.

GNU/Linux is clean and modular. You have down syndrome.

this
Your question kinda belongs in >>>/sqt/ desu

basedboys

I'm an EE major and I prefer Linux

A lot of us use Windows because a lot of EE software is only available for Windows

EE majors are triple integral niggers who know as much about computers just like any dumb normies. Nobody that knows what the fuck they are doing uses windows. Some prefer using macs, other GNU.
And beware of the EE negro. When confronted the first red flag is them saying "muh integrals", after that they might get physical.

I want to go into EE and I use Linux. Will I have to install windows?

Probably. I had a Windows VM in college that I used when we needed to use Windows software for labs. The lab computers always had the software available if you just wanted to go to the lab to work on it, but I preferred to just do it in a VM on my own computer at home.

In industry it entirely depends on what your company uses. I got into a small company who hired me as part of their initial foray into designing their own hardware instead of buying it from other companies, so I got to influence the software stack towards Linux. Many companies will definitely use Windows though and you won't be able to avoid it if you end up with one of them.

> clean and module
> system d
Pick one

s᠌oyboys
s᠌oy
Basedboys
onions

Nobody prefers windows

Nobody uses Windows by choice

Nobody with an IQ and talent

E v e R

Attached: B444E50F-6DD9-4BBB-8F59-6F6437B3F123.jpg (550x400, 53K)

We don't use systemd 'round these parts.

Attached: boku no jeb.png (1200x955, 1.26M)